JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
You want to rethink that racist AF rant?

I had a buddy once who drunkenly walked into the neighbor's house looking for mine. Door was unlocked and he thought he was in the right place. Easy to do in suburbia.

I'm glad the homeowner had the wherewithal and the cojones and the logic to not piss himself and shoot first, ask questions later.

You don't get to create the problem and then try to claim self defense. This old man was so scared for his life that he opened the door? Yea. Right. I'll believe him when I see evidence that the kid attempted to bust down the door.
There are people out there who really want to shoot someone and cream their pants at the thought of someone breaking in so they can do just that. Glad your friend didn't meet one of those.

There are people out there who really want to shoot someone and cream their pants at the thought of someone breaking in so they can do just that. Glad your friend didn't meet one of those.
There are all kinds of people.

I figure that there are far more people who never wish to shoot anyone, than there are people who wish to.

I had a buddy once who drunkenly walked into the neighbor's house looking for mine. Door was unlocked and he thought he was in the right place. Easy to do in suburbia.

I'm glad the homeowner had the wherewithal and the cojones and the logic to not piss himself and shoot first, ask questions later.

You don't get to create the problem and then try to claim self defense. This old man was so scared for his life that he opened the door? Yea. Right. I'll believe him when I see evidence that the kid attempted to bust down the door.
Could he see the person through the first door that he opened? Again, I'm not justifying the shoot.

How is that a racist comment?

You took a portion of what was said and pasted it. He stated the baseline of the neighborhood and what would present itself as an abnormality.

The same would go for a white individual getting turned around and lost in a primarily black neighborhood.

Not saying the shooting was justified but we have no knowledge that the individual was shot due to his race.
That's exactly what the media wants us to believe though.

It's 10PM, Yarl Lester has been asleep for at least an hour, it's the middle of the night for him. He's awoken by the doorbell, the doorbell shouldn't be ringing in the middle of the night.

Yarl Lester goes to the door armed, barely awake. The young man may have reached for the door, he may not have. That said, the young man is expecting to pick up his brother, and is more than likely to have reached for the door. Regardless of if he remembers it after getting shot in the head.

Yarl Lester is in his 80s, he likely perceived a threat of a tall individual trying to open his door. He shoots fearing for his life.

Was this a good shoot? There's too many variables and not enough concrete evidence. Had he not opened his door, none of this would have happened.

Is Yarl Lester a racist? Possibly, but it's more likely that he's not and feared for his life.
FIFY... ;)

Ralph Yarl is the 16 yoa black male. Andrew Daniel Lester is the 84 yoa white male. You have your individual's identities backwards.

I fixed your post in this quote, but you may wish to edit your original post for clarity. And please don't block me for pointing it out... :D

Last Edited:

Did you actually READ what I posted, or simply see the word BLACK and assume?
This is a leftist MSM trick, muddy the waters out of context to get the desired results, RACIST A.F. and their for, by a extension I must be racist!

I know a couple people that did that. One friend woke up to a home owner pointing his 44 mag at him, he is all confused and cussing out the cops when they show up, "WTF are you guys doing here?" His phone rings, it is our mutually friend calling wondering where he is, cops answer and explain what is going on and ask where this drunken fool belongs. Cops give him a ride to the correct address. Next morning drunk buddy finds his smokes, keys and 6 pack spread out like bread crumbs, but hey at least he didn't drive and was lucky enough to stumbled into a house with an understanding home owner that didn't shoot him.

truth-is-out-there-x-files-poster.jpg

WAIT, Wait, wait.......
Have these stories been vetted for FACTS or has the media spin already been applied? Note : How NEWS is reported now-a-days. Or is it just a case of...... What should the MESSAGE be (racial issues and guns)?

1681931639909.png

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I know a couple people that did that. One friend woke up to a home owner pointing his 44 mag at him, he is all confused and cussing out the cops when they show up, "WTF are you guys doing here?" His phone rings, it is our mutually friend calling wondering where he is, cops answer and explain what is going on and ask where this drunken fool belongs. Cops give him a ride to the correct address. Next morning drunk buddy finds his smokes, keys and 6 pack spread out like bread crumbs, but hey at least he didn't drive and was lucky enough to stumbled into a house with an understanding home owner that didn't shoot him.
Reminds me of an incident I witnessed on a military installation. All the housing looks the same. Marine gets plastered drunk and makes entry through an unlocked door thinking it was his house.

Makes his way to the bedroom and gets in bed with a woman who he thought was his wife. Needless to say when he started getting handsy she beat the ever living sh!t out of him. We arrived on scene to see him sitting on the porch in a pool of blood.

He's alive but I'm sure some of her work left some serious scars, missing teeth and a really bruised ego.

Reminds me of an incident I witnessed on a military installation. All the housing looks the same. Marine gets plastered drunk and makes entry through an unlocked door thinking it was his house.

Makes his way to the bedroom and gets in bed with a woman who he thought was his wife. Needless to say when he started getting handsy she beat the ever living sh!t out of him. We arrived on scene to see him sitting on the porch in a pool of blood.

He's alive but I'm sure some of her work left some serious scars, missing teeth and a really bruised ego.
You Marines, always trying to get a little somethin-somethin for nothin. :D

Before you race-baiter's continue on, please see below for FBI statistics in 2019 (the latest statistics available).

The US has approximately 333,287,557 in July of 2022. Of this, 75.8% are white, and approximately 13.6% are Black or African American, not all races are listed for the purposes of this discussion.

Per FBI Table 49, in 2019, the white population made up 67.1% of the total violent crimes, and Black or African American's made up 28.4% of violent crime arrests in cities.

If you notice, the white population makes up 75.8% of the US, but only 67.1% of the violent crime, which is less than their share of the population of violent crimes. The Black or African American population is 13.6%, but makes up 28.4% of the violent crime, which is more than twice their share of the population.

I am by no means saying that all Black or African American's are violent criminals, I am merely pointing out the fact that the Black or African American population makes up a disproportionate amount of arrests for violent crimes.

You can jump on your high-horse all you want to decry any white on black crime as racist, but the statistics, right wrong or indifferent, say something. Again, I am by no means racist against the Black or African American community, but pointing out the hypocrisy of the statements by many on the forum and the media.

As usual in these threads, there's a lot of different points :- was it a race thing/media skewing/ people not wanting to believe the kid wasn't trying to rob the guy, people just throwing in easily checked BS about him being 6 miles away and selective extracts from witness statements( the teen says he never had a hand on any door in his BTW) and in amongst all this twisting and turning to legitimise or excuse the actions of the homeowner, even as more facts emerge, very few responses have been :" my god, this is a horrible situation- that poor kid, I hope he recovers" .because all he is guilty of, as far as the evidence shows, is confusing "street" with "terrace" and ringing a doorbell.
I'm not saying the kid did or didn't touch the knob, but how well would you remember something after getting shot in the head? Also, the 6mi thing was probably from a news site....

Status

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top