JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I had a buddy once who drunkenly walked into the neighbor's house looking for mine. Door was unlocked and he thought he was in the right place. Easy to do in suburbia.

I'm glad the homeowner had the wherewithal and the cojones and the logic to not piss himself and shoot first, ask questions later.
You know what they say about playing stupid games right...?

You can thank the Democrats because of all the crime and everyone being on edge so they dont get robbed, raped, car jacked or hit in the back of the head with a bat. Nothing to talk about until these people start voting them out instead of moving to a different city and screwing that one up that they moved to.

A non-female is an un-woman…

Silly rabbit….

:s0140:
"Woman of the year."

837386D7-5CEA-415A-865B-92F3CD83B743.jpeg

Also dont forget about the WHITE girl that was shot in a driveway. Dont feed into the media that everyone is after blacks, same sh+t happens to whites you just never hear about it.

So you believe official stories and everything you read? I highly doubt it went down how they claim it went down. Yet another "was shot for no reason" and "he wasn't doing anything" defense. Just more bull to press their divisive agendas and how "racism" is the only factor that leads to something like this. I doubt it would have gotten any attention if their skin colors were the other way around, or they were the same skin color.

This one is tragic all the way around. I feel for the young kid and also for the old man.

They old guy is 84. Many people of this age become confused at times, especially in times of high stress. They don't process logic very well.
No way should he have opened the door at 10:00 at night. I would not have opened it.

After my FIL passed my 85 yr old MIL asked me if she could borrow a gun as she did not feel safe being alone some nights.
After some thought I feared she might shoot the paper boy if he surprised her in the early morning. I got her some pepper spray instead of a gun. Yes, I am aware of the cons of pepper spray. However it made her feel safer and she slept better and that is what counted the most.
I also told her to just call one of her neighbors if she felt something was up. The neighbors are all long time friends. They would be there in seconds and also be well armed.

Last Edited:
It appears that our esteemed member doesn't believe in free speech.
I do believe in free speech. That's why I'm advocating that you think about the first commandment, and not only the second amendment before you pull the trigger. That commandment predates the other by about 3000 years. Additionally having a moral compass isn't something political, though I understand that some of you would like to make it so. For my "free speech" so far, I've been labeled a "Sith" and a troll and gaslighted as if i'd said something different. I'll say it again. No one gets to shoot an unarmed man standing on your porch through a closed door. I don't give a rats bubblegum what this old guy was subjectively thinking. He didn't have sufficient cause to shoot this kid on the other side of a closed door. The comments about racism being a factor weren't my own nor the original poster. It's what the police and the prosecutor have said. Keep it real, quit the bs gaslighting and I'm happy to continue the discussion.

He didn't have sufficient cause to shoot this kid on the other side of a closed door.
And you know this how?
Nobody knows what happened, and the Media is pushing the standard narrative of Racism!
Nobody is defending the Old Guy here, simply pointing out that the Police and Media stories don't Jive, and certainly don't square with reality! We all know there is far more to this, and will likely never be known!

I do believe in free speech. That's why I'm advocating that you think about the first commandment, and not only the second amendment before you pull the trigger. That commandment predates the other by about 3000 years. Additionally having a moral compass isn't something political, though I understand that some of you would like to make it so. For my "free speech" so far, I've been labeled a "Sith" and a troll and gaslighted as if i'd said something different. I'll say it again. No one gets to shoot an unarmed man standing on your porch through a closed door. I don't give a rats bubblegum what this old guy was subjectively thinking. He didn't have sufficient cause to shoot this kid on the other side of a closed door. The comments about racism being a factor weren't my own nor the original poster. It's what the police and the prosecutor have said. Keep it real, quit the bs gaslighting and I'm happy to continue the discussion.
You state there is no reason to shoot through a closed door. Were you there? Did you see what happened? The media has provided a single narrative, one that makes the old codger into a racist bigot. If the kid touched the door, it would appear to one in the middle of the night that they are trying to break into your home, which would give you the right to defend yourself. Did the young man touch the door? I wasn't there, the media wasn't there.

We have two accounts, one from the shooter that's aged in his years woken from his slumber, and has just shot someone. His life is about to change.

The other account is from someone that was SHOT in the head.

The First Commandment; "I AM Jehovah {Yahweh} thy GOD, Who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the House of Bondage. 1st- Thou shalt have no other gods {before, besides} ME". It's in the Bible, Exodus 20:2-3
That's the First Commandment. How does that apply here- were either individual worshiping false gods at the time of the shooting?:s0140:
Perhaps you were thinking of the 6th Commandment, "Thou shalt not MURDER"...

Last Edited:
Sorry. Absolutes don't work in self defense scenarios.

Why is no one on this forum talking about this?

Black teen sent to pick up his younger brothers from friend's house mistakes 115th St with 115th Terrace, rings doorbell at wrong house, and is shot in the head through the storm door by the white home-owner with seemingly no words exchanged, followed by a second shot once he is on the ground. Teen manages to get to neighboring houses looking for help, where he is denied help at at least one residence and only finally has emergency services called for him after being told to lie on the ground with his hands up.

Why do you mention the race of the two gentlemen? Was there any indication, in any of the evidence, that race was a motivation for the actions of either party? We know that certain political operatives take every opportunity to use race as the boogieman. I don't know you, but assuming you're a good person, given the horrible reputation of such race-baiting types, wouldn't you want to distance yourself from that sort of behavior? Maybe you didn't mean to sound like that, but do you not see how bad it looks?

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads