JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Why do you mention the race of the two gentlemen? Was there any indication, in any of the evidence, that race was a motivation for the actions of either party? We know that certain political operatives take every opportunity to use race as the boogieman. I don't know you, but assuming you're a good person, given the horrible reputation of such race-baiting types, wouldn't you want to distance yourself from that sort of behavior? Maybe you didn't mean to sound like that, but do you not see how bad it looks?
He seems to be becoming a master at baiting.

Has it been confirmed he attempted to open the door?
i think that could be easily done in 10 seconds.if poice did their job. fingerprint the damn door if his prints are on it he grabbed it. no to hard and if it hasnt rain a ton they would still be able to pull prints. even a partial match would prove he grabbed the door. not that he should be shot but would prove he had attempted to open the door or not

I do believe in free speech. That's why I'm advocating that you think about the first commandment, and not only the second amendment before you pull the trigger. That commandment predates the other by about 3000 years. Additionally having a moral compass isn't something political, though I understand that some of you would like to make it so. For my "free speech" so far, I've been labeled a "Sith" and a troll and gaslighted as if i'd said something different. I'll say it again. No one gets to shoot an unarmed man standing on your porch through a closed door. I don't give a rats bubblegum what this old guy was subjectively thinking. He didn't have sufficient cause to shoot this kid on the other side of a closed door. The comments about racism being a factor weren't my own nor the original poster. It's what the police and the prosecutor have said. Keep it real, quit the bs gaslighting and I'm happy to continue the discussion.
you do realize not everyone believes in the bible right? Bible has killed more than guns ever will BTW. i do believe the sith was a comment that said "only sith deal in absolutes". Not once did i see anyone call you a sith.lol besides thats a sci fi character. and my avatar happens to be sith. nothing wrong w sith they just dont have the same view as a jedi... lmao. what i see is somebody who says free speech but when its used and not agreeing with your speech its gaslighting? on this case you are speculating the old mans situation of events that took place. you were not there. you cannot say what that man felt at that second. he may 100% felt his life was in danger. was he to stand there and wait for a gun to be shown or fired upon before he can? It was his house remember not a park or something.. he didnt go to this kids house and shoot him.. kid was @ his house at a very late hour for a 84 yr old. my grandmother just passed @ 87 and she eat and went to bed by 8 pm. if someone rang her bell and as rattling the door she may have fired without thing.. because armed or not at young well built male could easily overwhelm a 84 yr old and do and take whatever they wanted..
should he have shot him. No. unfortunate situation. I guarantee if this was a same race shooting, BTW the kid lived.. the media would of just reported "a 84 yr old man mistaken teen for intruder and shot the teen" but thats not what was reported but was exactly what had happened

i do believe the sith was a comment that said "only sith deal in absolutes". Not once did i see anyone call you a sith.lol besides thats a sci fi character. and my avatar happens to be sith. nothing wrong w sith they just dont have the same view as a jedi...
If The Shoe Fits GIF by GIPHY News

>Go to friend's house to pick him up
>Notice that the cars in the driveway are completely different than my friend's cars
>Huh that's strange
>Notice that the garage that is normally at the front of the house is now at the side of the house
>Huh that wasn't like that yesterday
>Notice that there are no trespassing signs everywhere
>Huh those weren't here before
>Notice all the lights in the house are off
>Huh well guess i better just walk in
>*BANG*
View attachment 1407549
The kid was finding the place by address. Seems a good indication he may not have been there before.

The defense of dwelling shooting was awful, but lawful.
Legally speaking, I think the second shot is the only one that will be problematic. It's not a clean shoot by any stretch of the imagination, but to claim, "there's no reason to blah, blah" is putting your head up your hiney and drinking the Kool aid.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top