JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah....no.
As in I ain't going to take advice on what to do after a self-defense shooting from some You Tube Dude.
Don't care who he is..or says he is.
Channeling my inner Certaindeaf...and not clicking.
Andy

Yeah....no.
As in I ain't going to take advice on what to do after a self-defense shooting from some You Tube Dude.
Don't care who he is..or says he is.
Channeling my inner Certaindeaf...and not clicking.
Andy
I didn't watch the whole vid, but his assertions about adrenaline and high BP did resonate with me. I have a heart condition and I take meds to control my BP, so yes, it might be a good idea to be monitored for a few hours after a shooting.

The main reason he says to ask to go to the hospital is because you wont be at the police station but in a more stable "calmer" environment than the police station.

I didn't watch the whole vid, but his assertions about adrenaline and high BP did resonate with me. I have a heart condition and I take meds to control my BP, so yes, it might be a good idea to be monitored for a few hours after a shooting.
Except that he seemed to imply that everyone should ask to go to the hospital regardless of any condition.

Lol.

I'm sorry but this guy is an idiot.

And don't get me wrong I'm not judging him by his out of shape figure, his paid promo to a low tier ccw insurance company, or his improperly fitted plate carrier... I'm strictly judging him based on everything he said in the video... LOL

Didn't watch and don't plan on watching as I concur with @Andy54Hawken.

However, in response to the comments...

Isn't a trip to the hospital, regardless of sustaining injuries, standard protocol for LEO after a shooting?

If it's not, it should be and likewise for civilians. No one can anticipate the physical effects after a shooting and no two people will be effected the same. Not to mention if there are pre-existing medical conditions like what @The Heretic mentioned.

All this assuming the defender (cop or civilian) wasn't shot. Clearly being shot will warrant a trip to the hospital.

Except that he seemed to imply that everyone should ask to go to the hospital regardless of any condition.
He did mention that he and his partner were in good health, but they had issues anyway.

Middle age or senior, someone can still have a heart attack.

It is worth mentioning and consideration.

Plus, being allowed to calm down for a while lets a person get a grip on themselves

He did mention that he and his partner were in good health, but they had issues anyway.

Plus, being allowed to calm down for a while lets a person get a grip on themselves
Maybe it's just me but I hate the doctor. I only go because I put my health first fit my family. I'm not comfortable or calm there.

I'd be way more comfortable and calm in a 5x5 interrogation room with my mouth shut asking for a lawyer than I would be in a hospital bed with an IV in my arm asking for a lawyer.

To me the point of his position is to get out of being questioned at the police station. That seems spurious to me that might not help your self defense case.

Maybe it's just me but I hate the doctor. I only go because I put my health first fit my family. I'm not comfortable or calm there.

I'd be way more comfortable and calm in a 5x5 interrogation room with my mouth shut asking for a lawyer than I would be in a hospital bed with an IV in my arm asking for a lawyer.
Not just you... +1 for hating doctors. The vast majority of western medicine doctors are narcissistic a$$hats that don't know the first thing about properly treating the human body.

Whoa... what happened... I think I blacked out for a second... carry on.

Not just you... +1 for hating doctors. The vast majority of western medicine doctors are narcissistic a$$hats that don't know the first thing about properly treating the human body.

Whoa... what happened... I think I blacked out for a second... carry on.

Lol!

I actually really do like my doctor. Probably cause I'm young fit and healthy and when I go in she gives me good news and doesn't have any reason to get on my case.

However, I fcking HATE the doctors office and getting my blood drawn or BP checked (even though every time it's healthy levels).

I just can't imagine the hospital or doctors office being considered a safe place. I freaking hate it there. I'd rather be in a police precinct.

Here's a given example. My smart watch says on average my resting heart rate is between 52 and 65. At work its around 75-100. When intense exercising I'm up in the 170s.

When I'm SITTING in the waiting room at the doctor's office I'm tachycardic. 120+ while sitting. I f*cking HATE being at the doctors

His video isn't about having a medical reason, he clearly states several times "even if your not injured". The premise of his video is that if the police take you to the hospital the county has to foot the bill so if you request to go to the hospital then [allegedly] there is a chance you may not even see a policeman for questioning.

So then the police report shows you requested a doctor, the medical report shows nothing wrong. I cant think of any way thats going to help your case.

To me the point of his position is to get out of being questioned at the police station. That seems spurious to me that might not help your self defense case.
To each their own. I believe it is something to consider, not to evade LEOs, but for those who might have health issues.

OTOH - I do not buy into the idea that the gov might have to pay for the hospital trip, or that a LEO wouldn't follow you there. I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance (which I did not ask for) and then a Salem city LEO came and questioned me in the hospital while I was waiting to be checked out. A Salem city bus pulled out in front of me from a side street and we collided. The LEO was angling to collect evidence that I was at fault. I had to hire a lawyer to force the city to pay for the ambulance/hospital and totalling my car - it took a year to get their insurance co. to pay.

But that was 50 years ago so maybe things have changed. I don't know.

I just don't know where to begin. Okay, here, someone is talking about an administrative process while wearing a plate carrier with rifle mags. Oh, and a police patch when he is off duty and not speaking in an official capacity. It goes downhill from there.

"Today, you are going to learn, why you should always request, to the police, to automatically go to the hospital, after you have been forced to shoot somebody in self defense, even if you are not injured, and for some reason this is controversial subject." (Then he doubles down and states that if you don't agree, "I just don't know what to tell you.)

I know what to tell you; good for you for not wanting to be liar and destroying any chance you have with credibility of the prosecutor (who decides if you get charged), the jury, judge, your own attorney. Let's get this out of the way, if you sincerely feel you need to have medical treatment, do so. Whether it be for an injury sustained or a medical condition, have medics respond. If they send you to the hospital, it is based on their medical evaluation.

"Then state, I was in fear for my life." Ugh, canned responses are not believable. If you are new to or interested in learning about a much better way to do what he rambles on in the video, check out Mas Ayoob's video on what to do after a shooting. It's only been researched and perfected over the past 50 years. And not by this guy who does not understand the difference (as an officer between homicide, murder, and self-defense). (Homicide - the killing of a person by another...it may or may not be justified...20 year officer...seriously???)

Claim: Go to the hospital because of the stress, you could easily have a heart attack. Possible? Sure. You could also have one going in to get a BigMac as well. Sources on this??? Nope. Common? Nope.

He talks about calming down and how he and his partners had trouble with this, and you will want to be in a calm place. Practice combat breathing.

Bonus tip (seriously, he calls it that): If you go to the hospital the police will have to pay the bill. They may not even respond because they don't want to get stuck paying for your medical services (again, seriously, after a shooting, they are not going to follow up in an attempt to avoid paying your hospital bill???)

Again, if you in any way feel you need medical treatment, get it after a DGU. I think having blanket advice to LIE about medical needs is a recipe for disaster. He wonders why it is a controversial subject. No wonder to me.

Sorry if I'm coming off as a pr!ck but 1.4 millions views, 150k followers, 48k likes (including by a bunch of cops), sigh, I have to address these issues in classes. :s0137:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top