JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure if this video will load but a delivery guy shoots a YouTube prankster in stomach and was acquitted by a jury.

I think he was a little hasty to just whip it out and shoot but FAFO i reckon šŸ¤£. Maybe the young man learned his lesson.

Not sure if this video will load but a delivery guy shoots a YouTube prankster in stomach and was acquitted by a jury.

I think he was a little hasty to just whip it out and shoot but FAFO i reckon šŸ¤£. Maybe the young man learned his lesson.

A few critical things I see:

(1) it was on video, so there was no "he said she said", there was proof of what happened. Without video I can almost guarantee the prankster woudl have said he just shot me for no reason etc.

(2) he took passive actions (f.e. backing away) and said, "stop leave me alone". This is critical imo for his defense.

(3) this would be a perfect situation for pepper spray. Stops the harassment and no threat of arrest for the good guy.

Having just recently been attacked in a much worse manner than that I can guarantee you without video this guy woudl be prosecuted for assault. I guarantee the perp would lie like crazy and it will be "he said, she said" unless you have video to prove who was the aggressor. In this setting on the video there were other witnesses around but it may not be that way where you are attacked. As I said in another thread having just went through an attack I would say #1 get it on video and #2 carry pepper spray in addition to EDC gun.

Last Edited:
A few critical things I see:

(1) it was on video, so there was no "he said she said", there was proof of what happened. Without video I can almost guarantee the prankster woudl have said he just shot me for no reason etc.

(2) he took passive actions (backing away) away and said, "stop leave me alone". This is critical imo for his defense.

(3) this would be a perfect situation for pepper spray. Stops the harassment and no threat of arrest for the good guy.

Having just recently been attacked in a much worse manner than that I can guarantee you without video this guy woudl be prosecuted for assault. I guarantee the perp would lie like crazy and it will be "he said, she said" unless you have video to prove who was the aggressor. In this setting on the video there were other witnesses around but it may not be that way where you are attacked. As I said in another thread having just went through an attack I would say #1 get it on video and #2 carry pepper spray.
Agreed

I believe this happened in Washington state so surprising the jury acquitted the victim.

But then again I think many citizens are fed up with the craziness and are starting to come around.

"Prankster?"

Did he ever stop to think?

1696117235215.png

Rrrrrright......

1696117168994.png

1696117309400.png

Aloha, Mark

Happened in Dulles, VA. The NBC Washington logo is for the DC station (Dulles is a suburb of DC).

However, accused was found guilty of "malicious discharge into an occupied dwelling" with up to 2-10 yrs jail time and up to $100k fine (class 4 felony in VA), so perhaps a pyrrhic victory... and he's been in jail since April. Defense lawyer will try to get judge to set aside the conviction later in October.

Agree this is a great example of the need for non-lethal deterrents like pepper spray. I consider this a bad shoot but a very fortunate outcome for the accused, considering it could be much much worse. And yes the youtuber was a huge ***hole and he did FA & FO.

That was a bad shooting. There was no threat of death or great bodily damage. Pepper spray would work, but so would a punch in many cases. For those that are not comfortable with doing either of those, a poke in the eyes, a kick in the balls, then GTFO of there works nearly all of the time which is why it is commonly given advice in women's self defense classes.

That was a bad shooting. There was no threat of death or great bodily damage. Pepper spray would work, but so would a punch in many cases. For those that are not comfortable with doing either of those, a poke in the eyes, a kick in the balls, then GTFO of there works nearly all of the time which is why it is commonly given advice in women's self defense classes.
Pretty big size differential for a punch. But you never know what any individual is capable of I guess.

Edit: also there were two of them (at least) in the provoking group.

Also if he threw a punch that woudl likely be seen as he was the one who initiated physical combat which would destroy his ability to claim self defense.

Last Edited:
Exactly why I am familiar with, and can articulate the concept of "disparity of force"

In any sense.... that was a bad shoot. However.... it is encouraging to see a jury ("the people") draw a line in the sand of, "this trend BS has to stop"... and let him off the greater charge.

IMO, he deserves the "slap" in terms of the minor felony charge, though. Keeping in mind that Virginia has very strong expungement process laws. That lower felony is going to make it much easier for him to have it expunged and get on with his life freely... having learned a good lesson hopefully.

As a side note: We also don't know what the shooters past history and frame of reference was. If he had been harassed similarly before that turned bad... his perception of the situation may have genuinely been in fear of his life.(?)

At any rate.... DumbA vs. DumbA... and they both get to walk away from it. I don't see the harm here.šŸ‘

I agree that it was not a "good shoot".*
However....

If "Prankster" did not do what he did....or stopped when told to....he would not have been shot....
At least by that fella... :D

* With that said...
As a side note: We also don't know what the shooters past history and frame of reference was. If he had been harassed similarly before that turned bad... his perception of the situation may have genuinely been in fear of his life.(?)
This quote , is something very important to consider.
Past experience , frame of reference , perception...all help to form your notion of what is going on...
That coupled along with :
What you are expecting / anticipating versus what is actually happening...
Can make it difficult to make the best of decisions in a stressful event.

In any event...
'Pranks" like those shown , ain't entertaining...ain't funny ...and need to stop most rickety tick.
Andy

I know it's profiling but there are a couple of little red flags for me when I'm out and about:

1. Turned around baseball caps

2. Hoodies. Major red flag, hoody worn up on head in warm weather.

Yes, of course I'm generalizing, but these two things are on my personal mental awareness list.

Ditto ... right spot at the right time? Folks (Jury) tired of this nonsense? Dunno... Gotta agree with some, not a good shoot.
Not a situation in which deadly force should have been applied. That's for sure.

But I think people/jury/older individuals are getting tired of all this SHlT so they are going to start letting things slide. Such as rash/unjustified shootings in the name of "self defense."

I too am shocked he did not get convicted of more. Poor shoot? Yes. If I had been on the jury? They would have got nothing above misdemeanor. He had no way to know what those two morons were going to do and they did not want to leave him alone. This kind of stupidity needs to be painful more often. People keep poking that bear and then cry when they get bit.
While back Wife and I were eating in a higher end place at a large mall. 4 young men come over and acting all gangsta start asking Wife and I what we had. I told them to get the FU&K away from us. One looked shocked and some manager was on them instantly shooing them off. Then came back and comped any desert we wanted. Wife did not see it at the time but I had drawn and had it under the table. I was not going to fire on them UNLESS one of them reached for us. Given whats going on now you have no way of knowing when some scum will just attack for the "fun" of it. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top