JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is my opinion: There is no such thing as a good shoot. They are all tragedies one way or another.
This is so very true....and wise.
Thank you for posting this.

Shooting someone , killing someone is not as cut and dry as many people think or would like.
I do not regret any of my actions of this kind...I wanted to survive and get back home.
However , over time my thoughts about shooting and killing have changed many times.
Not as in a huge shift...but in degrees.
Andy

This is so very true....and wise.
Thank you for posting this.

Shooting someone , killing someone is not as cut and dry as many people think or would like.
I do not regret any of my actions of this kind...I wanted to survive and get back home.
However , over time my thoughts about shooting and killing have changed many times.
Not as in a huge shift...but in degrees.
Andy
Few who have been put in a situation to take another life think it was "fun", or cool, or something they want to go do again. Anyone who does has some screws loose. That said I would love to go the rest of my days and never do it again but, if me or mine's life is on the line? Would do it again and lose no sleep over it as it was not a choice I made. The person threatening me or mine made that choice. My only choice was to not allow them to do so.

The first four shots were completely justified, fake gun or not. The gun being real or not is not a factor as the perceived threat was reasonable.

Shots five, six, seven, and eight were in the back of a prone suspect and his gun had fallen away from him. What exactly is the threat here that justifies four shots in the back of a prone, unmoving person?

...Three second pause while the "good guy" approaches the downed, unmoving bad guy...

The "good guy" then picks up the bad guy's gun and shoots him in what appears to be the back of the head.

If anyone thinks any of the shots beyond the first four were remotely justified, and I wish to be kind here, it might behoove one to learn more about the justification for using deadly force. What would that cross-examination look like while the jury is shown this video 50 times, in slow motion, stopping to ask what the armed defender was thinking at this moment (before he puts a round in the back of his head)?

The final shot was a coup de gras on an unarmed (since he just picked up his gun) person in the back, likely in the head.

Am I okay with the guy not being charged? Yup. He didn't bring the fight. But my point is if any of us think we would not be charged in the same situation we are kidding ourselves. I also don't think it is ethical to shoot people in the back of the head after putting eight shots into them and they are lying prone.

ASP has the video with the audio and video synced...most other sources do not.
"the good guy then picks up the bad guys gun and shoots him in what appears to be the back of the head" with a FAKE GUN???????? hmmmm

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews