JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1716792806949.png

You could always just stay home. Save yourself some time and money....

1716793148142.png

Picture it….

Cavey and his son standing in the river achieving fisherman-bliss and then faintly from a distance they hear something…… what is that?

It's getting louder…. is that…. "Flight of the Valkyries" playing?

Then they see it…. it's too late to escape, they have arrived… there's BILLIONS of them and they're making their attack run!!

IMG_2465.jpeg
:s0001::eek:

Picture it….

Cavey and his son standing in the river achieving fisherman-bliss and then faintly from a distance they hear something…… what is that?

It's getting louder…. is that…. "Flight of the Valkyries" playing?

Then they see it…. it's too late to escape, they have arrived… there's BILLIONS of them and they're making their attack run!!

View attachment 1888629
:s0001::eek:
They are a few weeks off, temps are still too chilly for them bassturds to come out. I'll be long gone by then… :s0121:

Well folks, here's a recap of the fishing trip this weekend (Friday & Saturday).
Last week we got a hot tip that the Reds down in Seward was on fire so we made plans. That first push of fish lasted 4-5 days then no runs, no drips no errors along with no fish.
Typically that's how it starts, now two weeks of wait time for the "run" to start going BTTW.

Sometimes it's not the fish that I seek while on the water but the company of the grown man I spawned.

Last Edited:
Well folks, here's a recap of the fishing trip this weekend (Friday & Saturday).
Last week we got a hot tip that the Reds down in Seward was on fire so we made plans. That first push of fish lasted 4-5 days then no runs, no drips no errors along with no fish.
Typically that's how it starts, now two weeks of wait time for the "run" to start going BTTW.

Sometimes it's not the fish that we seek while on the water but the company of the grown man I spawned.
That's why it's called "fishing", not "catching". Glad you got some great time with your son.

Indeed, many trips of no fish over the years with him has taught him to accept these trips for what they are and to learn from them.
I on the other hand have become a lazy fisher, experience has its privileges.

Next trip to Seward I'll train for a bi-athilon months ahead of time. Long walk out to the slime rocket grounds plus standing for hours, just what my podiatrist recommended NOT to do.
Gotta figure out how to get these insoles to work in the size 12 waders.

Indeed, many trips of no fish over the years with him has taught him to accept these trips for what they are and to learn from them.
I on the other hand have become a lazy fisher, experience has its privileges.

Next trip to Seward I'll train for a bi-athilon months ahead of time. Long walk out to the slime rocket grounds plus standing for hours, just what my podiatrist recommended NOT to do.
Gotta figure out how to get these insoles to work in the size 12 waders.
Maybe next time you should take one of these with you..........

images.jpg

Ray

Maybe next time you should take one of these with you..........

View attachment 1892395

Ray
I'm thinking yes, great idea and a HD wagon to haul out all the accessories for the physicality challenged caveman in the Alaskan wilderness. Chair, cooler, fishing gear and a cot if a nap sneaks up on me on a sand bar. :s0140:
Don't peg me as a nursing home recipient but Caveman likes easy nowadays.

This is a must for young mother for children/grandchildren on the urban fishing grounds … :s0143::s0143::s0143:
I'm thinking it's guided by GPS coordinates.

IMG_3838.jpeg

I'm thinking yes, great idea and a HD wagon to haul out all the accessories for the physicality challenged caveman in the Alaskan wilderness. Chair, cooler, fishing gear and a cot if a nap sneaks up on me on a sand bar. :s0140:
Don't peg me as a nursing home recipient but Caveman likes easy nowadays.

This is a must for young mother for children/grandchildren on the urban fishing grounds … :s0143::s0143::s0143:
I'm thinking it's guided by GPS coordinates.

View attachment 1892418
You know, maybe you should get a pedicab. Your son could haul you to the spot and it's about the right size would hold all of that stuff and you could do nap time off the ground.........

Ray

During Red season, it isn't the Mosquitos that are the worst, it is the White Socks gnats! They crawl as far under your clothes as they can, then painlessly bite you. The venom they use to keep the bite from hurting causes the bite to fester, bleed, ooze, and itch. This misery lasts for over a week.

During Red season, it isn't the Mosquitos that are the worst, it is the White Socks gnats! They crawl as far under your clothes as they can, then painlessly bite you. The venom they use to keep the bite from hurting causes the bite to fester, bleed, ooze, and itch. This misery lasts for over a week.
OMG!!! I haven't experienced that phenomenon nor do I ever want to…
No sketters this trip, a bit early but let the temps get a bit warmer and it's run for your lives.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top