JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Virtue signaling won't work here.

Keep painting with that broad brush. Let me know how far you get.
The definition of "virtue signaling" means the op intended to demonstrate by his posting some semblance of social conscience or moral correctness. What he did in my opinion was to sarcastically point out how ludicrous some of the BS justification being thrown around here is. His brush also wasn't broad at all. He gave you four specific examples, including a very poor choice made by a moderator to point out to us its not unlawful to be a rascist or a klan member. You may be pointing out in your own unique, dark and ominous way , your own disagreement with the notion this was a bad shoot. However, please allow others who actually do have a moral compass when it comes to using a gun have their say without reading them their inventory. Out.

Why do we here on NWFA not want to talk about this.

Because the media are doing this.
1681911966676.jpeg

Besides, I will be judged because of the color of my skin, no matter what I say. By saying this, my skin color will be assumed, and still judged.

ncluding a very poor choice made by a moderator to point out to us its not unlawful to be a rascist or a klan member
It is not a "very poor choice".
What is a very poor choice is assuming something about someone , someone you don't know...as well as assuming something about an event...a event where you weren't there.
Which is being done by some here in this thread.

We have no proof ( at the moment ) that the shooter was racist.
We do have comments by the victim's lawyer as well as law enforcement that they think the shooting was racial in nature.

My comment was followed by this :
Not saying that it is a good idea to be either or that I adhere to either of the two.
Nor am I saying that I agree with being one or the other.
And this :
I am saying that one may be either or anything else for that matter ....and that being one or the other , or anything else is no reason to convict someone of a crime , on that fact or basis alone.
So...
My point with that posting was not so much that being racist or a Klan member is not illegal...
It was more along the lines of :
Just because someone thinks a certain way or is a member of an organization is no reason to automatically think they are guilty of something.

We do have something called presumption of innocence ....this applies to us all.

And again...since it seems that this point went over some people's heads...
I do not agree with any sort of racist agenda or think that it is good to be a member of a group that does.
Andy

...very poor choice made by a moderator to point out to us its not unlawful to be a rascist or a klan member.
https://www.aclu.org/press-releases/aclu-em-defends-kkks-right-free-speech

From a (now) far left activist group...

I guess it is okay with some people to pick and choose who gets rights and all. I guess those people and the Klan have a lot in common...

This thread was a blatant race baiting attempt and a poorly disguised insult to the forum membership inferring they are all racists. Hence, the dumpster fire.

The definition of "virtue signaling" means the op intended to demonstrate by his posting some semblance of social conscience or moral correctness. What he did in my opinion was to sarcastically point out how ludicrous some of the BS justification being thrown around here is. His brush also wasn't broad at all. He gave you four specific examples, including a very poor choice made by a moderator to point out to us its not unlawful to be a rascist or a klan member. You may be pointing out in your own unique, dark and ominous way , your own disagreement with the notion this was a bad shoot. However, please allow others who actually do have a moral compass when it comes to using a gun have their say without reading them their inventory. Out.
I don't recall anybody I haven't already placed on my ignore list saying this was a good shoot. It seems that you've already read into our favorite moderator being a Klan member. What @Andy54Hawken stated was that he disagrees with the KKK, but they are allowed their freedoms within the confines of the law.

You however have shown yourself to read into things, or troll. The media is already claiming racism. It's possibly racism is a factor, but it is more likely a sad reality of statistics as @1775usmc has succinctly pointed out.

You got a lil' something on your face.

I don't recall anybody I haven't already placed on my ignore list saying this was a good shoot. It seems that you've already read into our favorite moderator being a Klan member. What @Andy54Hawken stated was that he disagrees with the KKK, but they are allowed their freedoms within the confines of the law.

You however have shown yourself to read into things, or troll. The media is already claiming racism. It's possibly racism is a factor, but it is more likely a sad reality of statistics as @1775usmc has succinctly pointed out.
Some people can't handle free speech.

"Hate speech" if different than speech you hate……

Some people can't handle free speech.

"Hate speech" if different than speech you hate……
I am opposed to infringement of speech topics. That is said even though there have been those on this forum who try to marginalize and belittle a more moderate perspective on gun ownership. That's okay because that's what free speech is about. This forum may be "private property", but so are the dollars in my wallet. I won't be sharing those with the "owners" again if they stifle free speech out of the gate. I understand that might mean locking down threads when people fail to be "most excellent" to each other, but that is a far cry better than stifling free speech from the get go. My two cents.
It appears that our esteemed member doesn't believe in free speech.

anybody I haven't already placed on my ignore list
Yeah folks, you pray @solv3nt just puts you on his ignore list. Otherwise, he drags you to the Members Quotes Taken Out Of Context thread. The original Hotel California of threads. "You can check out anytime you like - but you can never leave." :s0070:

Yeah folks, you pray @solv3nt just puts you on his ignore list. Otherwise, he drags you to the Members Quotes Taken Out Of Context thread. The original Hotel California of threads. "You can check out anytime you like - but you can never leave." :s0070:
There's a reason why you never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience :s0140:

Normally I'd rejoice over someone putting me on ignore.

But Solvent!? :s0058: That hurts a little.
I guess I'll have to put the phone down now.
Looks like I got the boot too. Kind of odd. It doesn't seem like we said anything too egregious. Nothing a healthy discussion couldn't iron out. Oh well.

There's a reason why you never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience :s0140:
I must be a glutton for punishment then. Either that or I'm equally a fool. Haha.

Both are true……

Why is no one on this forum talking about this?

Black teen sent to pick up his younger brothers from friend's house mistakes 115th St with 115th Terrace, rings doorbell at wrong house, and is shot in the head through the storm door by the white home-owner with seemingly no words exchanged, followed by a second shot once he is on the ground. Teen manages to get to neighboring houses looking for help, where he is denied help at at least one residence and only finally has emergency services called for him after being told to lie on the ground with his hands up.

What has me curious is how often you watch/listen to NPR? do you also glue yourself the television set or the radio to listen to CNN? What you do on your own time and where you watch is your business but you can't assume that people watch what you watch and look at things through the same lenses that you do. Some of us have been around long enough to see through the bologna that's in the obviously slanted leftist media..

Here's the other side to the Ralph Yarl / Andrew Lester case - the side you'll never hear otherwise.

Under the "defense of property" provisions of Missouri Statute 563.031, it looks like Andrew Lester had justifiable grounds for doing what he did. The only possible problem is if he fired the second shot after Yarl was no longer a threat - and that's a matter of fact for the jury to determine.

The video runs about 1:10:00, but is well worth listening to.

Here's the other side to the Ralph Yarl / Andrew Lester case - the side you'll never hear otherwise.

Under the "defense of property" provisions of Missouri Statute 563.031, it looks like Andrew Lester had justifiable grounds for doing what he did. The only possible problem is if he fired the second shot after Yarl was no longer a threat - and that's a matter of fact for the jury to determine.

The video runs about 1:10:00, but is well worth listening to.

So knocking on your door is considered a threat under Missouri law?.

(I will check out the video when i can)

Status

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads