JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
.44 mag S&W Scandium
THE most uncomfortable revolver I've ever shot.

My in-depth review :
Absolute garbage for target shooting, OK for bear medicine.

Amen on that! When I was still guiding in Alaska another guide friend bought one of the first ones available. (Model 329?)

He showed it to me and I immediately thought "Gotta have one!" Then I shot it and decided different.

E

I don't like Kimber because they took jobs away from Oregonians. They abandoned us, so we should abandon them. :cool:
Otherwise I can't say what's what about them.
What I can say, is that the SAW is a great way to get the fat kid to carry the squads' amo for them.

Worst gun I ever shot was a marlin semi auto .22lr... and it was still a bunch of fun! I guess I only have experience with good firearms. lol

I like shooting and I'll shoot any gun that I get a chance to.
That said I really don't care for the various models of modern "in-line" muzzle loaders.
Andy

I agree 100%.
No offense to those that use 'em, but for me if I'm shooting a smoke pole, it should be a smoke pole. The inline stuff feels like cheating to me. If I want all the advantages of a modern firearm then that's what I'll shoot.

I have only owned one Kimber and it has been a very good experience. But, my 1911 was purchased from a leo in Oregon City that used it for his off duty carry. Their department armorer specialized in 1911s and he went through it and replaced any mim parts and worked the trigger. He had put around 3000 rounds through it and I have put around 3000 or so rounds through it. The pistol feels better than new to me, and shows almost zero signs of wear. He purchased a Colt Defender and his wife made him sell some guns.

I did have a small issue with the slide not locking back when I first purchased it. I contacted the seller and he said he switched the slide stop before I picked it up and he was sorry about that. He sent me the Colt stop that was in it and an extra. Great guy to deal with. No issues since.

Even though I'm happy with my 1911, and it's my pistol I shoot with the best accuracy, I still only have one Kimber . Looked at the micro 9, read reviews, warranty, customer service and all. Then decided to go with the Sig p938.

I hope they do well , but these days firearms cannot be hit and miss. And if it's a miss they dam sure better get it fixed ASAP.

M16A1 Carried in Vietnam. Had to bore a hole in the front stock to slide a cleaning rod into. Kept it flush to butt stock with a blousing rubber. Nothing worst then having to clear a stuck case out of the chamber while the other side is joyously blasting away at you with their AK's and SKS's. Left a bad taste for AR's ever since.

I have only owned one Kimber and it has been a very good experience. But, my 1911 was purchased from a leo in Oregon City that used it for his off duty carry. Their department armorer specialized in 1911s and he went through it and replaced any mim parts and worked the trigger. He had put around 3000 rounds through it and I have put around 3000 or so rounds through it. The pistol feels better than new to me, and shows almost zero signs of wear. He purchased a Colt Defender and his wife made him sell some guns.

I did have a small issue with the slide not locking back when I first purchased it. I contacted the seller and he said he switched the slide stop before I picked it up and he was sorry about that. He sent me the Colt stop that was in it and an extra. Great guy to deal with. No issues since.

Even though I'm happy with my 1911, and it's my pistol I shoot with the best accuracy, I still only have one Kimber . Looked at the micro 9, read reviews, warranty, customer service and all. Then decided to go with the Sig p938.

I hope they do well , but these days firearms cannot be hit and miss. And if it's a miss they dam sure better get it fixed ASAP.
i know where youre coming from when a pistol feels better than new after 1000s of rounds. seems like any and all rough edges are now worked out and the gun just feels "seasoned." to me, this holds true to my rifles too. :D

Worse gun I ever owned/shot was a mid 80's Oly Arms CAR with a 16" barrel and the H Bar sights. I ordered it after taking a tour of their shop. Thing never did cycle correctly even after being returned twice and then sent to my local gunsmith a couple of more times. Put the upper on a colt and bushmaster lower and it ran great.
One day I got so pissed at it that when I got home from the range I completely stripped the lower then took my torch with the rosebud and melted the lower into a kinda round blob. I've used it for a paper weight ever since. You won't get me within 5 miles of anything from Oly ever again.

M60 was a GREAT weapon. Weakest point on them was the bolt retaining pin. In an emergency the metal ring on the web gear suspenders was the perfect diameter to fit the hole. Trimmed to the right length it was as good as the original. Seen it done.
sus.jpg

I don't like Kimber because they took jobs away from Oregonians. They abandoned us, so we should abandon them.
Kinda hard to rationalize this when we ALL own guns that have most likely never been made in Oregon and possibly other countries. Personally I have never owned a Kimber but with all the less expensive stuff (and as good or maybe better) I don't see Kimber as a preeminent 'player' anymore.

Kinda hard to rationalize this when we ALL own guns that have most likely never been made in Oregon and possibly other countries. Personally I have never owned a Kimber but with all the less expensive stuff (and as good or maybe better) I don't see Kimber as a preeminent 'player' anymore.

Yeah, All Kimbers are made on America so I dont see a big deal about exactly where they are made.

After trying one out I was impressed it was one of the best shooting 1911s in my limited experience. Having never shot it befor I dumped 3 mags from it and it held a better group than a Springfield and every bit as tight a group and smooth trigger as a new Dan Wesson but a couple hundred less dollars. I was impressed.

The MG42/3/58, from which it was [poorly] copied, was, and is, a far better weapon in every respect. Many more of them in use in NATO and other non-NATO Western armed forces than the M60.

tac
Not debating which was best. This was what we had and it pulled our rears out of the wringer several times. The RPD was a better gun, but we didn't have it, they did.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews