JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I own a couple shotguns, Savage 110 30-06 from 1962, pistols, revolvers, Marlin Model 60 from the 80's but I just got a Ruger PC Carbine in 9mm and it could be my favorite... until I eventually get a Marlin 1894 in 44 Mag that is definitely next on my list.

What's you favorite? Let's see some pics

IMG_6086.jpeg

Hands down it is my .54 Hawken Rifle.
I have the upmost respect for its maker...and it has been my "go to " rifle for over 20 years.
I have won many a rifle match with this rifle and have taken with it :
Grouse
Coyote
Antelope
Deer
Elk
And Bear.

It looks good....handles nicely and I shoot very well with it.
Andy

Hands down it is my .54 Hawken Rifle.
I have the upmost respect for its maker...and it has been my "go to " rifle for over 20 years.
I have won many a rifle match with this rifle and have taken with it :
Grouse
Coyote
Antelope
Deer
Elk
And Bear.

It looks good....handles nicely and I shoot very well with it.
Andy
Is it smooth bore or rifled? And do you load bird shot for grouse?

Is it smooth bore or rifled? And do you load bird shot for grouse?
It is rifled....1-72 deep , slow twist.
80 grains of 2F black powder....a .15 patch and a .530 round ball is my usual loading for just about all of my shooting and hunting.
For grouse...I aim for the head...and haven't had one explode yet from a body shot.

'Course at our rendezvous...one of the shots you need to make is to split a playing card edgewise...
I have lots of practice at this kinda of fine shooting. :D
Andy

I think my old Remington 740 (30.06) is my favorite. Passed down from my father in law. I have shot little bitty Sitka Black tail, and big ol Elk and Moose with it. It's short enough to pack around in the dense brush and shoots everything I've ever loaded into it.

Browning Buckmark .22. Owned if for 35+ years and shot I don't know how many thousands of rounds. Best trigger on any gun I've ever shot, including some high end custom 1911s. It's starting to show its age with light firing pin strikes and failures-to-fire. Unfortunately I can't get the parts to fix it since the current versions aren't compatible. It's going to be a seriously sad day when something unfixable finally breaks.

My favorite... that's a hard question to answer. There have been a lot of guns in my past and many in the present that I like. Some more than others. Sometimes my fling with them is short lived, sometimes it's on again/off again and the fondness is rekindled time and time again between periods of forgetting it even exists. Some I like because they're pretty/handsome. Some I like for the history and the stories they could tell. Others I like because of the hard work it took to bring them home to my safe.

There really is no "favorite" gun of mine. There are, however, favorite moments of my life during which certain guns were present.

My favorite... that's a hard question to answer. There have been a lot of guns in my past and many in the present that I like. Some more than others. Sometimes my fling with them is short lived, sometimes it's on again/off again and the fondness is rekindled time and time again between periods of forgetting it even exists. Some I like because they're pretty/handsome. Some I like for the history and the stories they could tell. Others I like because of the hard work it took to bring them home to my safe.

There really is no "favorite" gun of mine. There are, however, favorite moments of my life during which certain guns were present.
Damn well put and sums up exactly my initial reaction to these kind of threads.

Guns are ultimately just 'things' and don't have a particularly high priority in the big picture of my life, but as tools, they have served specific purposes at different times and have helped forged memories, especially when they have put food on the table or prevented me from being killed by nefarious beings.

Depends what I'm doing…
hunting… 20ga SxS Fabarm
carrying… Sig 365
PRS… MPA chassis
plinking… Win 9422
and then there's my weakness for S&W revolvers and quality 1911s

Currently this: original IMI Uzi Model B, with detachable wood stock and original genuine Israeli Defense Force (IDF) issued Search Light, which is still in full working order. I am guessing by the beam pattern it puts out a whopping 50 lumens? ;-)
IMG_5388.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads