JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Almost there with you, but in all honesty, I think the latter Jimenez Arms JA series of zink (pot metal) pistols would have to be rated the worse... No redeeming qualities except for price...

i second that. i wouldnt buy one anyway at that price. waste of money IMO

Don't laff, here in yUK there was, for a short while, a Ruger Super Redhawk that actually DID have a barrel that long, until an element of common sense prevailed, and they got shortened to a 'mere' 12", like mine here..........

View attachment 380224

You might laff, but hereabouts you are looking at a revolver valued in excess of $2800................

tac
Bet the crowd goes wild when you pull that one out of your pants. The Ruger I mean

The worst that comes to mind was an AMT .380 Backup from the early 80's. Ended up with it from some kind of sale trade. Neat looking little pistol . It had a trigger that often made people think the safety was on. I thought something was wrong with it but after seeing a couple more of them at a shop they were all like that. I tried to like the pistol as it did work well. That damn trigger pull was just impossible to get used too.

Those inline came out after I stopped playing with the BP guns. Have never been able to try one so curious why you don't like them? Just idle curiosity since I know you are big on smoke poles.
I find them to be just a way to skirt the law and rules regarding Muzzle loaders and Muzzle loading hunting.
Many use a 209 primer* , enclosed ignition* , BP substitute powders or pellets , modern copper jacketed bullets* etc .. they are "muzzle loaders" in name only.

I also feel that they give one a false sense of improvement over the traditional muzzle loader.
None of the supposed advantages of new powders , ignition , projectiles etc ... do anything "better" than real black powder and round ball.

Not that I think if you want to hunt or shoot a muzzle loader that you gotta be all "Daniel Boone" and use a custom flintlock and dress in buckskins...
Many folks hunt and shoot with T/C Hawken a Lyman Great Plains etc ... all while wearing "normal" clothes.
No issue there ... the guns ( T/C's and the like ) are in the spirit of the muzzle loaders for which the muzzle loading / primitive season were originally intended for.

Note to all :
I do not say the above to be insulting to those who like and use a modern in line rifle.
The above is just my thoughts based on my experience ...
* Yes I do know that not all inline rifles are this way.
Andy

300 Weatherby original that I bought from a horse trader and he included some of his handloads. The first one I fired got stuck in the chamber and blew out the primer a bit. Looked at the bolt face and it had a big hole in it... and that is how I learned never to shoot other peoples reloads, and never to buy a gun from a bigmouth.

I find them to be just a way to skirt the law and rules regarding Muzzle loaders and Muzzle loading hunting.
Many use a 209 primer* , enclosed ignition* , BP substitute powders or pellets , modern copper jacketed bullets* etc .. they are "muzzle loaders" in name only.

I also feel that they give one a false sense of improvement over the traditional muzzle loader.
None of the supposed advantages of new powders , ignition , projectiles etc ... do anything "better" than real black powder and round ball.

Not that I think if you want to hunt or shoot a muzzle loader that you gotta be all "Daniel Boone" and use a custom flintlock and dress in buckskins...
Many folks hunt and shoot with T/C Hawken a Lyman Great Plains etc ... all while wearing "normal" clothes.
No issue there ... the guns ( T/C's and the like ) are in the spirit of the muzzle loaders for which the muzzle loading / primitive season were originally intended for.

Note to all :
I do not say the above to be insulting to those who like and use a modern in line rifle.
The above is just my thoughts based on my experience ...
* Yes I do know that not all inline rifles are this way.
Andy

Ok I was guessing that's what you would say. Since you seem to really like the old guns and the modern copies of the old guns. From what I have seen in the magazines some of the "modern" front loaders did seem like they were just trying to take advantage of the laws allowing seasons just for them.

One time I bought a 6" TC contender hot shot barrel, which was a light weight octagonal barrel used for shotshell loads. I shot 10 rounds of full power .44 mag rounds and my wrist was shaking so much I had to stop for the day. That was about 28 years ago and I still have the other 40 rounds of .44 sitting unused in my reloading room.

I had a couple of H&R .22 revolvers that spit lead like Rosie Odonnel spits hate.
You'd think you were safe in the sidelines and then pow! right in the kisser.. every time.
very dangerous

My brother-in-law inherited a Smith & Wesson Chief's Special semi-auto in 9mm from his dad. We took it out to the range one day. It had the longest trigger pull I've ever experienced. I pulled the trigger a couple of times and it didn't fire. I figured out you had to pull that trigger until it hit the back of the trigger guard before it would go off.

ODI Viking 1911 (nickel finish with Seecamp DA conversion). At the time I owned it, if Sonny Crocket was always cussing and clearing stovepipes, I'd have looked just like him.

Any firearm that someone tells me I must have, so I can be like them.

Any light triggered pistol with no safety that thinks they reinvented the wheel.

I can carry my 1911s hot and the safety off. I just entered the future. :rolleyes::D

I don't know if this really counts, but an Army issued M16A1... the rear take-down pin was so loose that it'd randomly slide out in its own (I didn't know sheite about the "finer points" of AR construction @ that time), and one time I went to fire it one handed from a Jeep (M151A2) while riding in the passenger seat and the bubblegumming thing made like a "break-action shotgun" on me....point annnnnd flop. NOT cool! o_O

We laughed out arses off when we got back, but DAM talk about the pucker-factor going to 11!! :s0001:
That would be the top of my list....

I guess ... if your idea of dating also involves chloroform , duct tape , zip ties and rope...:eek::D
Andy
2nd date. For the third, you might add cat o' nine tails ....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top