JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger SP101 - only when loaded with full power .357 magnum loads. Love the gun otherwise, but full tilt .357's are a punishment. I usually limit it to one cylinder worth, that's enough.

I've had three Rock Island 1911's and they were all garbage. One was a GI model and two tactical models. Maybe it was because it was years ago and they hadn't sorted out QC yet, but I will never own another.

I'll bet a buncha Kimber and whatnot owners came real close to chucking the things in the crickmud.
Who's the guy that has that stainless off-brand 10mm 1911? epic

.44 mag S&W Scandium
THE most uncomfortable revolver I've ever shot.

My in-depth review :
Absolute garbage for target shooting, OK for bear medicine.

Boy howdy. I had one. What good is a handgun if you can't PRACTICE with it? A half box and my hand would buzz for hours. And I'm not afraid of recoil. Ruger Alaskan with 300 grainers is fine. No thanks on Scandium 44 mags.

I always see Kimber bashing. I have owned and still own many Kimbers. Clackamas, Yonkers, never had any problems with any of them after a proper break in with a couple boxes of ball.
Yep. You hear that.. and then all the nightmares. It's mainly a 1911 deal in my opinion.. not necessarily a given manufacturer.

My Colt never needed some fancy schmancy break in. It ran 100% out of box! :eek:

So have my Colts. But some Kimbers come from the factory a little "tighter". I don't see that as a bad thing. I'll take a tight pistol over a loose one. Tightness loosens up. Looseness doesn't tighten.

I'm no 1911 noob. I'm in my 60's. Name a brand and I've probably owned or shot one. So I ain't just blowin' smoke. The tightest 1911 I ever had was a Baer. It took hundreds of rounds before it felt loose enough to carry.

Points go over your head often? Each 1911 is different. YOUR Colt sounds great. Most of mine have been. I had a Lightweight Commander frame crack. I had a new Colt with crooked front sights. I had a Gov't Model that was super fussy with mags. A lot of them "rattle" if shaken from side to side. Doesn't mean much actually. They still shoot. Not particularly super accurate, but good enough. These things didn't stop me from buying more Colts.

I have a Colt 1911 circa 97 that ran flawlessly out of the box, still does. Bought a new Dan Wesson this year and the rear sight fell off first time out. :mad: So I tried out my friends Kimber 1911 and did this first time firing it...

kimber.jpg

This would not be something I would want. A friend had one.

Zip_22LR_s878x537.jpg

ZIP .22LR

The problem: resetting the striker with a live round in the chamber means putting your fingers or hand right at the muzzle. Clearing jams requires one to place their digits over the barrel of a loaded firearm.

I always see Kimber bashing. I have owned and still own many Kimbers. Clackamas, Yonkers, never had any problems with any of them after a proper break in with a couple boxes of ball.

Ive had problems with their rifles and pistols. My first Kimber was a TLE II. Had an external extractor. Would never feed the last 2 rounds of any magazine I tried. It went back to Kimber twice and they finally just replaced the whole gun with an internal extractor. Its been 12 years without a malfunction.

I had an 84M Classic in 308 that was a champ. The factory rear scope base sheared a screw. Never liked redfield style bases. Sold the rifle to a buddy looking for a gun for his daughter. Its been 10 years and she still hunts with it.

Replaced it with an 84M Montana in 7mm-08. Could never get it to shoot. It was almost too light. I ended up having to shave a bit off the magazine box because it was pinched. Also ended up re-bedding it. It shot better, but nothing to write home about. It went down the road.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top