JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I talk too much but then I can so here goes :D

Watching one of my favorite westerns, Silverado, and one of the characters was found in his long John's in the desert because his fellow travelers admired his rig. Stole everything those dastardly men.

So I get to thinking guns and rigs of the past and today and think "what just goes together like bread and butter?"

Heck no I ain't talking about your three gun battery, I am talking about your rig.

I have some cowboy guns and some modern firearms and kinda collect what's cool to go with each. A rig.

What goes with the gun you have?

I have a Colt New Frontier in 44 special and Ithink the best knife to put on the belt is a

If you knew the history of the New Frontier then it would make sense.

I really liked big rigs as a little boy. Convincing a trucker to honk their horn as we passed each other was just the best.

I have a Colt New Frontier in 44 special and Ithink the best knife to put on the belt is a

If you knew the history of the New Frontier then it would make sense.
Enlighten us on the history.
Im curious how you pair a western era blued steel six shooter with a modern techno-blue kraton kbar?

Over the years I have seen some great collecting of gear and guns. Some of the guys were big WWII fans and collected M1s and bayonets with their 1911s. The right pouches for the year and great accessories

Enlighten us on the history.
Im curious how you pair a western era blued steel six shooter with a modern techno-blue kraton kbar?

A New Frontier

"It would be nearly 70 years before Colt tried to improve the Single Action again, and this time they did it perfectly. In fact, the Perfect Single Action Army became even more perfect, if such a thing is possible. In 1960, John Kennedy was elected president and it looked like a new era had arrived, and in fact, people called that time the "New Frontier." To celebrate this new era of good feeling and looking toward the future, Colt decided to upgrade the Single Action Army and call it the New Frontier. The mainframe was given a heavy flattop and fitted with an adjustable rear sight, matched up with a ramp front sight. The frame, including the new flattop, was beautifully case colored as only Colt could do, and the balance was finished in what Colt called Royal Blue at the time. I thought it was just about the most beautiful sixgun I had ever seen. However, I was in college and working to support the young lady who would eventually be known as Diamond Dot and our three young babies. There would be no New Frontier for me."

From my point of view the New Frontier was the beginning of space travel so the new space force knife fits.

Kennedy proclaimed in his speech:
We stand today on the edge of a New Frontier—the frontier of the 1960s, the frontier of unknown opportunities and perils, the frontier of unfilled hopes and unfilled threats. ... The pioneers gave up their safety, their comfort, and sometimes their lives to build our new west. They were determined to make the new world strong and free - an example to the world. ... Some would say that those struggles are all over, that all the horizons have been explored, that all the battles have been won. That there is no longer an American frontier. ... And we stand today on the edge of a new frontier, the frontier of unknown opportunities and perils. ... Beyond that frontier are uncharted areas of science and space, unsolved problems of peace and war, unconquered problems of ignorance and prejudice, unanswered questions of poverty and surplus. ... I'm asking each of you to be pioneers towards that New Frontier. My call is to the young in heart, regardless of age. ... Can we carry through in an age where we will witness not only new breakthroughs in weapons of destruction, but also a race for mastery of the sky and the rain, the ocean and the tides, the far side of space, and the inside of men's minds? ... All mankind waits upon our decision. A whole world waits to see what we shall do. And we cannot fail that trust, and we cannot fail to try.[2]

Last Edited:
My Hawken Rifle and a Christoper & Johnson "Butcher" knife....

That knife is old...around 100 years or so...it still gets used as my hunting and camp knife.

That said...my Russell Green River Butcher would be a good fit too....

It's the bottom one pictured..again about 100 years old and still being used....

Back to the Christopher & Johnson...
It now wears a horn handle..its the one in the middle in the above picture...
And it has a different scabbard...brain tan and quill worked....

The top one in this picture.

Yep...I like old knives...and using then too....:D
Andy

Last Edited:
20230326_093540.jpg
Modified hybrid MOLLE II/E-LBV vest for my 5.56 rifle

20230327_121127.jpg
10rd 4 cell belt pouch for my 6.5 Grendel

20220904_093207.jpg
Tactical Tailor MAV, I have 2! One of my favorite chest rig designs :D

20211212_201236.jpg
HSGI Wasatch in Khaki, both an 8 mag chest rig and a plate carrier.
20220624_122706.jpg
My 3 self-made body armor and plate carrier rigs. Woodland vest was the first, Ranger green retro ALICE plate carrier 2nd. And basic black sort of retro is my most recent, holds rectangle soft armor and 10x12 multi curve in conjunction plates, with a customized 6 mag Blackhawk velcro placard by only adding Swift Clip buckles to it.

Edit, I have a lot more rigs than shown, but these are my preferred rigs :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top