JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Taurus model 66 Silhouette 12" bbl. A big chunk of junk. The steel was so soft the ejector rod bent.

66B12.jpg
Batman-Joker-longgun_10.jpg
70816d1387764199-two-rare-ones-batman-jokerrevolver3.jpg

Last Edited:
Taurus model 66 Silhouette 12" bbl. A big chunk of junk. The steel was so soft the ejector rod bent.

View attachment 380213
View attachment 380214
View attachment 380215

Don't laff, here in yUK there was, for a short while, a Ruger Super Redhawk that actually DID have a barrel that long, until an element of common sense prevailed, and they got shortened to a 'mere' 12", like mine here..........

upload_2017-7-30_14-13-55.png

You might laff, but hereabouts you are looking at a revolver valued in excess of $2800................

tac

I came to possess Grandpa's old Springfield 16ga Bolt Action Shotgun that would bruise my shoulder, every dang time I shot it. Even into my mid 20's. So when a colleague lets me shoot his Weatherby 340 Magnum, saying, "it kicks real hard" -- I think of Grandpa's shotgun. The Weatherby was a nudge comparatively.

I don't know if this really counts, but one particular Army issued M16A1... the rear take-down pin was so loose that it'd randomly slide out on its own (I didn't know sheite about the "finer points" of AR construction @ that time), and one time I went to fire it one handed from a Jeep (M151A2) while riding in the passenger seat and the bubblegumming thing made like a "break-action shotgun" on me....point annnnnd flop. NOT cool! o_O

We laughed our arses off when we got back, but DAM talk about the pucker-factor going to 11!! :s0001:

Last Edited:
The Mosin Nagant 91/30. Its a good rifle, but IMHO it is outclassed even by other rifles of its time. Outside of simplicity it didn't offer much.

I like shooting and I'll shoot any gun that I get a chance to.
That said I really don't care for the various models of modern "in-line" muzzle loaders.
Andy
Woah woah woah! A muzzle loader that the Guru doesn't like? :eek: Figured it'd the more modern inline ones. :D

Figured it'd the inline ones.
Not all in lines .... Just the modern ones that skirt the rules regarding muzzle loading hunting and rifles...Using pellets , BP substitutes , modern primers and modern bullets etc ... The guns that are "Muzzle loading" in name only.

In lines have been around for a long time.
I have a box Lock flintlock pistol that is inline ... circa 1760 or so.
Andy
DSC03431.jpg

Not all in lines .... Just the modern ones that skirt the rules regarding muzzle loading hunting and rifles...Using pellets , BP substitutes , modern primers and modern bullets etc ...

In lines have been around for a long time.
I have a box Lock flintlock pistol that is inline ... circa 1760 or so.
Andy
View attachment 380227

Judging by that funky looking rear sight, it looks like that one shoots WAY high!

:D

Handgun: Glock 19. Such a comprehensively hideous grip in my large mitts. Runner up: A Charter Bulldog with a trigger worse than any cap gun's.

Shotgun: A Stoeger Coach gun where only one of the two barrels fired regularly. Runner up: any 10 gauge.

Rifle: Mosin Nagant, every one I have tried makes me think the USSR won in WW2 in spite of it. By far the worst major euro military bolt rifle, even when reworked by the Finns. Runner up: AR-7. What a kludge. Neat idea ruined by a horrible trigger and spotty reliability.

I don't know if this really counts, but an Army issued M16A1... the rear take-down pin was so loose that it'd randomly slide out in its own (I didn't know sheite about the "finer points" of AR construction @ that time), and one time I went to fire it one handed from a Jeep (M151A2) while riding in the passenger seat and the bubblegumming thing made like a "break-action shotgun" on me....point annnnnd flop. NOT cool! o_O

We laughed out arses off when we got back, but DAM talk about the pucker-factor going to 11!! :s0001:
Try having a Mac 11 disassemble itself while shooting it... Cocking handle sheared off and the forward pin walked out. Unloading a broken weapon is not something I want to relive. :eek:

Do you want a list of "5 worst"? OK, "6"

1) modern Italian clone of black powder 1853 target 45-70 couldn't get a group at 50 yards on 4x8' standard plywood...from bench rest!!!
2) original wide body ParaOrdinance 45 decades ago.
3) Taurus PT1911;
4) Charles Daly High Power clone 9mm;
5) Chinese clone 1932 Walther Olympic 22/Chinese 'sniper SKS' with scope, unreliable on any day of the week and ties for most inaccurate rifle I've ever owned.

There were others. These stand out even today, years after the fact.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top