JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Well could be worse...
Yikes!
I never did like the SAW ... any of the ones I used or were used in any of my squads ... Jammed , or the dumb plastic box "magazine" broke and fell off ... making a loud God Awful noise... Along with the trooper cussing it out...:eek::D
The smaller canvas "magazines" did work a bit better...
Andy

Yikes!
I never did like the SAW ... any of the ones I used or were used in any of my squads ... Jammed , or the dumb plastic box "magazine" broke and fell off ... making a loud God Awful noise... Along with the trooper cussing it out...:eek::D
The smaller canvas "magazines" did work a bit better...
Andy

Never had that problem with any of my issued M60's..... just sayin'. ;)

Machine guns the army needs to go back to: M60 and M240B.

Machine guns that need to be phased out: M249.

Even a brand new M249 is only good for so long. Parts wear out faster and is not as easy to clean as the M240.

Yep the Army should have never phased out the M60.
Easy to clean , able to put out lots of rounds quickly and accurately "fairly light" , for what it is.
( And yes I have carried the M60 and it , like everything else got heavy)
Andy

Yep the Army should have never phased out the M60.
Easy to clean , able to put out lots of rounds quickly and accurately "fairly light" , for what it is.
( And yes I have carried the M60 and it , like everything else got heavy)
Andy

It wasn't the weight of the M60 itself that made it a bear to carry.... it was also humpin' 2-4, 200-rnd cans of ammo in the rucksack in addition to the weapon! :confused:

I was once told by a Vet that during a fire fight he accidentally mashed an unopened can of spaghetti where the feed can goes on the M60 and after a while it exploded from heat transfer. All I could think was dinner and a show...

After a ambush ... I was moving out my 60 gunner and as he slung around , he swept me wiith the gun , the barrel of the hot gun cut my squad radio cord! :eek:
We later had a "talk" about just where a gun's muzzle is supposed to be pointing...:D
Andy

After a ambush ... I was moving out my 60 gunner and as he slung around , he swept me wiith the gun , the barrel of the hot gun cut my squad radio cord! :eek:
We later had a "talk" about just where a gun's muzzle is supposed to be pointing...:D
Andy

Did you use radio the cord as a "teaching aid"? ;)

Muzzle/trigger discipline and fratricide was/is ANATHEMA to us. I saw more than one "fat lip" get issued to younguns, but rarely more than once to the same individual (there was NEVER a third time)... so the training method IS effective. :D

I don't know what's worse... running out of ammo, beans, water, or commo.... I prefer "none of the above".

Many years ago, I wrote an essay for RUSI, and one of the editors offered me the chance to go to the MoD Pattern Room Collection range day and shoot a few odd items. Apart from the fact that I was already an established visitor there, thanks to my long-time friendhoodness with the curator, the late and greatly-missed Herby Woodend, I had not actually had the chance to shoot anything.

Apart from the being able to say I'd done it, and VERY few people have, the experience was both hand and mind-numbing. What was it that I shot?

This - the Gabbet Fairfax Mars semi-automatic pistol.

Mars01.jpg

Yes, it WAS as awful as it looks, and friends, I had three shots, just to make sure that I hadn't somehow been tricked the first time.

See Ian of Forgotten Weapons -

He says it all.

tac

Top 5 worst guns I've ever shot:
1. Old model Ruger LCP 380
2. Helwan Beretta clone (slide cracked in half while shooting)
3. H&R break action 45-70 (would not strike the primer hard enough to fire, recoiled like a son of b****)
4. Any of the Springfield XD series.
5. Bryco Jennings 380 of some kind (Blew up in my buddies hand)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews