JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Years ago I had a Bersa UC 40 pro. Barely acceptable accuracy from a rest and jammed constantly. It didn't jam in a repeatable way so it was impossible to troubleshoot.

I also don't care for the 500 S&W. Not at all pleasant to shoot.

Triggers were mentioned earlier...I have a Savage Axis (no accutrigger). Worst trigger ever. If you want to learn how to not anticipate the break this is the gun for you. It's all over the place even God doesn't know when it will break. Ignore the trigger and focus on the sight picture, breathe...

My least favorite firearms I have owned.

A Chiappa AR 22 that fisherman's sold. The bolt spring retainer came apart within the first 2 mag's. I put it back together and it kept happening. Sent the upper back for repair and it came back with the same flawed design. Sold it to someone I do not like.

A Magnum Research 10/22 knockoff. It had so much barrel droop I couldn't get on paper at 30', elevation maxed. Sent it back and they returned it with some foil wrapped around the barrel to take up the gap. Only a matter of time before it loosened up again. And they sold for $600 or so. I built one with a Volquartsen barrel with a very tight fit for less money and much better quality.

I would never own either of these brands because of my experience with their products and how they chose to repair them.

A Magnum Research 10/22 knockoff. It had so much barrel droop I couldn't get on paper at 30', elevation maxed. Sent it back and they returned it with some foil wrapped around the barrel to take up the gap. Only a matter of time before it loosened up again. And they sold for $600 or so. I built one with a Volquartsen barrel with a very tight fit for less money and much better quality.

Was that 10/22 clone made before or after Kahr bought Magnum Research?

Just wondering if the quality got worse after Kahr bought them. Kahr changed the Deagle, it's all covered in accessory rails now. Too many rails for one pistol:

GetDynamicImage.aspx?dir=itemImages&path=SVimg-DE50SRMB.jpg

Last Edited:
I was given a beat up vintage Colt 1903 Pocket Hammer .38 acp pistol that was the most unnerving firearm that I've ever shot.
There is a small rectangle piece of metal that is located up near the muzzle and it's purpose is to lock the slide onto the frame.
It takes a lot of abuse by the slides front lug as it rams back under recoil.
It travels with the slide and while shooting the pistol, that little bar of metal started to work it's way put of the slide.
Lucky for me I noticed it in time, because if that little piece shears off or falls out, the slide will come straight back into the shooters face.
Not the best design by Mr. Browning. During testing by the US Navy, it in fact did shear off and hit the navy tester square in the right eye, destroying the eye and most of his eye socket.
Below is a video by Forgotten Weapons showing the disassembly of the pistol.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi0zIvapLbVAhUF1WMKHe2gClAQFggmMAA&url=http://www.forgottenweapons.com/early-automatic-pistols/colt-1903-pocket-hammer/&usg=AFQjCNFCG4DMdajWjlfA17U73zGafW5oPQ

Last Edited:
Not to get to "out there" or Stephen King here , but...
When I worked at a pawn shop , we had a Sauer 38H pistol come in on loan fairly regularly.
Neat rig ... pistol , two magazines , issue holster.
Of course we have to log in everything that comes into the shop ... And that meant clearing any gun that came in.

I really disliked the feeling of pure evil that oozed out of that pistol...
Now I don't feel that I was "projecting" my feelings on this pistol.
I have handled and owned many guns and items from the Third Reich era , but none gave me the willies like this pistol.
Andy

Not to get to "out there" or Stephen King here , but...
When I worked at a pawn shop , we had a Sauer 38H pistol come in on loan fairly regularly.
Neat rig ... pistol , two magazines , issue holster.
Of course we have to log in everything that comes into the shop ... And that meant clearing any gun that came in.

I really disliked the feeling of pure evil that oozed out of that pistol...
Now I don't feel that I was "projecting" my feelings on this pistol.
I have handled and owned many guns and items from the Third Reich era , but none gave me the willies like this pistol.
Andy
I'm not one to be superstitious but that's kinda creepy...

I don't see too many bad reviews on Kahr's pistols. I would own one. The trigger is perfect for my lady. It would be a nice upgrade to her lcp.
Bad Kahr review and the worst gun I've owned/shot: ;)
Had a CW9 with 7 round "flush" magazines that aren't flush and extra 8 round magazines. The gun felt like a "tune-it-yourself" kind of toy. For $300 I thought that was acceptable at first. After a while you realize that the car that always needs tinkering is only good on the weekends and the gun that needs tinkering is only good on the range. Neither are to be relied upon when things need to get done.
  • The sights are fairly unique in the defensive pistol world and are of a "dot-the-i" type. Found I spent too much time lining things up. Could easily be trained or swapped out but I found it made switching back and forth between 3 dots a pain and just not my preference.
  • The slide lock wouldn't lock the slide back on last shot when purchased. It uses a coiled torsion spring that can be adjusted. Would occasionally need to be readjusted.
  • Trigger is smooth but the break never felt predictable to me. If you think the shot should surprise you, you need to practice more. I should know exactly when my gun will fire. Admittedly, every gun fits everyone different. Additionally the reset is ALL the way forward. This just wasn't for me and I shot like crap with it. My wife liked how it shot but would sometimes struggle to get the trigger all the way back due to the length of travel and would occasionally short stroke it and not let it return all the way to reset. Good weight but too much travel for small hands. Once again, could be trained but we all like what we like.
  • The magwell was tight. I had to pull out every magazine. None dropped free. I tuned it with a file and sand paper.
  • 8 round magazines would not seat properly. I had to trim the bottom of the grip so they would seat.
  • Kahr magazines shed rounds in your pocket or in your bag. The metal used will flex enough to let rounds escape the feed lips pretty easily. Never had 1911 or Mec-Gar mags do that. That was the last straw for me. I just got sick of it's little crap and felt it wasn't reliable for what I wanted.
Maybe expensive Kahrs are better but the magazine issue told me that since all their magazines do that and it's acceptable to them, I don't trust their quality. Magazines are already the weak link of semi-autos and should be built to some high standards to mitigate issues. I think Kahr has their priorities wrong when the try to cut costs. The only thing it was good for was that I sold it and accessories for $25 more than I had into it because they were hard to find for a minute.

Thanks! Been holding on to that one for a while...
-Ded

Worst shooter would have to be my Kel-Tec P3AT (.380 micro gun). The thing is hard to hold onto, kicks like a horse, often stovepipes, and rarely hits what I'm aiming at.

It is (was) my first concealed carry piece. Fits in a pocket easily and cleans easily, but is a bear to shoot with. I still carry it mostly in the summer when I wear a lot of light clothing and concealment is difficult, but I also have one of my 9mms handy. If I ever have to use the Kel-Tec in an emergency, I'd be better off throwing it at them than shooting it. Still looking for a decent OWB for my Ruger LC9s. If I ever find one, the Kel-Tec becomes a paperweight.

What is the very worst gun you've shot?
My cousin an I were prowling thru his dads blacksmith shop out at their ranch one morning and we found an old rusty 12 ga., double barrel, the butt stock was broken off, so we took an axe and chopped the top off a fence post and "roughly" shaped it to fit the gun. We oiled up all the moving parts, got them working, stuck two rounds in and he jumped in the back of the 48' cheve 1/2 ton and I drove. I could barely reach the gas peddle. out thru the sage brush we went . He pounded on the roof for me to stop right by a Jack Rabbit. BOOM, smoke and dust everywhere. When it cleared, the rabbit was gone. I looked in the back of the PU, my cousin was gone! Both barrels had gone off, kicked Ben out of the bed of the PU and totally missed the rabbit. Funniest thing I ever saw.

Browning M1919 A4 when issued with ***cotton*** fabric belts from the 1930's (I assume) that had pre-disintegrated. Having to just stop bubbleguming with it and picking up my M-16 (3-prong pre-A1, no slouch when it comes to un-reliability) just proves how bubblegumty those ammo cans were.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top