JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ruger super Blackhawk hunter. At 52 ounces this is a big piece of steel. Recoil is not at all bad even with the super loads put out by Buffalo bore Grizzly and others. The trigger is perfect (3lbs). Accuracy is excellent. I am shocked to see they are selling new for over 1k today, in 2015 these sold for around $700. Of all my 44 mags I like shooting this one best. Something about a single action. What's your favorite range cannon?

00BB1B7C-4344-48B6-819C-2AEE32FBEC09.jpeg

My .54 Hawken Rifle.
It has taken :
Grouse
Coyote
Antelope
Deer
Elk
Bear
And won many a rifle match.
Not the most fancy of rifles...but one that always just seems to work ... :D
And a picture of me shooting it.
Andy
Absolutely gorgeous rifle Andy! Reading your post over the years got me into black powder. I have built a small collection of my own and really enjoy shooting them.

Thank you...and am glad to hear you have gotten into black powder.
At least my posts are good for something... :D
Andy
Thank you...and am glad to hear you have gotten into black powder.
At least my posts are good for something... :D
Andy
You have always brought a ton of wisdom and knowledge to the site and it hasn't gone unnoticed. I officially retired from the military in 2017. On deployments to the Middle East I would get online after missions and spend hours reading old post from members here. Really helped me feel connected to home. Lots of great patriots with great stories and knowledge on this site. Always look forward to your post

Right behind the sauna house is my range. Got a dueling tree and some steel targets and a gong aways back in the woods. The picture was 2 weeks ago from last Saturday. Dang near froze to death in the middle of spring lol.

9BD159F6-3750-4908-9F59-F0B36B432555.jpeg

It kinda breaks down to what's in my hand compared to what's on the table. Last time my Browning 1911-380 won the day. Other times a Redhawk, Blackhawk, or maybe a 1911 was the one I kept comeing back to that day. I'm down to one shotgun so that would be my BPS. For center fire rifles I really like my CZ 527 in 223 but probably should start shooting my Browning 300 Win Mag. I'll bet I'll like it too.

I would say it's about a toss up for me. John Wayne had that low smooth "slide" draw, but Clint Eastwood could fan like a MoFo! 🤔

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top