JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Vz61 has to be my favorite. It's not the most practical, not the best caliber, in a SHTF event it would not be my first go to but it was a dream gun of mine since I was in middle school and I get giddy every time I shoot it. Only thing that would make it better is an original collet style suppressor

My favorite would have to be my Henry .22 lever action. It is fun to shoot, fairly cheap to feed, accurate, not the least bit finicky for ammo. Maybe not first choice is an emergency situation but would certainly do in a pinch.

I have quite a few specimens from AR's, AK's, Glocks, Rugers, S&W's, Mossbergs, Tikka's, Ithaca's to Colt's etc…. and I'm inclined to just say, "all of them"…..

But my .308 "Hebrew Hammer" still makes me stop and look every time I see it.
IMG_0451.jpeg

Favorite? If I had to pick one? Winchester 94 30-30 lever but I couldn't say "why" exactly. Nostalgia? It just feels good? Familiar like an old friend? Wood in my palms gives me the tingles?

(Let me stop you right there @solv3nt n' @Stomper !! You nasty!!) 🤣

lever01.jpg

Last Edited:
It's probably a tie between whichever one I'm using at the moment, or the one I am in the process of building - whatever that may be.

IMG_20230717_210909857.jpg Going to go with my Ruger "Deerstalker" 44 Carbine. This was one of my unicorns until a close family friend picked it up and passed it on to me one Christmas. Over the years I have slowly rehabbed the little rifle, fixing a feed and extraction issue due to worn parts and adding useful cosmetic accessories like the OEM sling and ammo pouch as well as the RLO cheek riser. Now I am looking for someone to make a custom leather scope cover (if anyone knows a leatherworker interested in such a project let me know. I want something a little more fancy than just standard leather lens covers).

Other contenders are my big bore ARs. I have one in .50 BEO and another in 350 LGND and am looking to get more. Big bore AR is a hoot to shoot and some of the best hunting platforms out there, provided you do not have to pack them in anywhere. Being able to swap uppers for the specific hunt is super nice too. I keep a few different lowers, but have more uppers. Being able to go from shorter range big bore to something with a little more reach like 6.5 Grendel without having to have dedicated lowers for each cartridge is a super useful feature to keep safe clutter to a minimum.

Being an Ambi means I never liked the older generations of bullpups much, but there are a few in the latest generation that have tickled my fancy. I just picked up a Kel-Tec RDB Defender and got the full kitout for it. It is rapidly becoming my hands-down favorite shooter for small bore, and has replaced my old AR as the home defense rifle. It has also convinced me that investing in a Desert Tech MDR for full size cartridges is going to be a wise choice. That is next on my list for a favorite rifle to purchase.
IMG_20230608_221550702.jpg

I have other stuff too. I have an Arsenal SLR-95 that is the only AK I have ever really liked, and I do really like it. The thumbhole stock is super comfy and I actually really like the look. I am not sure what it would actually be good for, other than a range toy, but it excels at being one of those. I also have a "M1" series collection; Garand, Carbine and A1. They look really good on the wall and occasionally see range time when I take people out for "history days".

As much as I bashed them in that other thread my Circuit Judge is another super fun gun to play with. I put a red dot on top of it so anything made from clay within about 15-20 yards cannot escape. It is currently banned from any of our hand-chucked competitions. I have a grouse hunt coming up, and I am sorely tempted to take it even though it will nearly guarantee a smaller take due to the limited range it has. I also need to figure out how to plug a couple chambers before it is legal to hunt with, so there is that to sort out as well. Shooting 45LC out of it is pretty neat, but accuracy is sorely lacking so other than making big holes in close things that feature has little practical use. But boy, it does it splash 1 gallon jugs in a spectacular fashion. 5 stars, would recommend.

Wait, was this thread about "favorite gun" as in the singular? Silly fool, don't you know that is not possible? They are all favorites. Now let me just check my inventory sheet for where I left off. . . Pistoles? Yeah, let me tell you about my Sig collection. . .

Hands down it is my .54 Hawken Rifle. . . .
Andy
I have no favorite firearm, but an original 50 Hawken Mountain Rifle is the central figure in one of my golden memories. Just loaned to me by a friend, that rifle was the first muzzle-stuffer I ever touched. It won a Turkey Shoot match for me that day, leaving me with the amazing (and mistaken) belief that I'd magically become a better marksman than I'd ever been.

I have no favorite firearm, but an original 50 Hawken Mountain Rifle is the central figure in one of my golden memories. Just loaned to me by a friend, that rifle was the first muzzle-stuffer I ever touched. It won a Turkey Shoot match for me that day, leaving me with the amazing (and mistaken) belief that I'd magically become a better marksman than I'd ever been.
Muzzle loaders are fun to shoot for sure...and are very capable of fine accuracy.
Enough for plinking , target work and hunting.
Thank you for sharing your story.

Here is a favorite of mine...one of the antique muzzle loaders that I own...
Still gets shot today , from time to time...accounting for both deer and target work.
St. Louis Sporting rifle made by F.E.Seiferth , circa 1840's - 1850's.
.50 caliber , percussion half stock.
Andy

I enjoy the CZ P-07/09 very much. I truly think it gives the HK USP a run for its money. This CZ is really underrated as a duty gun. Plus, you can find 22lr Kadet slides to plink/ hunt small game with. Adds a great value to the platform.

My favorite future gun does not exist for me yet. It would have four attributes though.

1 - Concealable, at least under a jacket
2 - Silent as possible, suppressed well with subsonic rounds
3 - 100% reliable, never, ever jams or fails
4 - Night optics, preferably 640 Thermal for when the lights go out

Wait, I don't own any guns, silly me so I guess my first one might become my favorite! :s0007:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top