JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mine? Its 338 Spectre. Ive only got one gun in it. 10.5" SBR AR . Spews out 300 grain sub-MOA with 44 mag power and subsonic. I run it through a custom 338 suppressor. Makes me giggle every time I shoot it. One of these days Im going to build an HK or AK in that caliber.

Qv9uCX copy.jpg

For a muzzle loading rifle :.54
It works well for all my hunting and shooting needs.

For a modern rifle caliber : .30-30
Easy shooting caliber , usually found in a light , handy carbine....
However a full length rifle is also very nice.

For a handgun : .45ACP
First pistol I shot was my dad's Series 70 Government Model...still have it...still wish I had my dad.

For all around fun and just shooting : .22LR
Versatile in use....and found in many , many different types of firearms.

All that said...
Far too many calibers are actual favorites...'cause they all have their uses...and shooting is fun....:D
Andy

.38 S&W, I've loved it ever since I picked up a first model Iver Johnson as a kid. Its certainly not a stopping round. These early ones are bp and don't really go BANG, just a pow. Totally endearing.

Ballistically and for my needs, i have fallen for the 7mm08, even though i have never shot one. But from experience, I'll have to say the 6.5x55 is my fave.

Whatever I'm shooting. It's good to have choices.
edit:
Last semi auto was a M&P Shield in 357 Sig
Last double action revolver was a GP-100 in 357 Mag
Last single action revolver was a Ruger SSM Bisley in 32 H&R Mag
Last rifle was a Savage Axis II in 25-06
Last Shotgun was a Stoger Coach gun in 20 Ga.

Last Edited:
Numerical, not favorite order.
in various flavors of cartridges.

Whichever one I'm shooting is my favorite. That's why I'm shooting it right now.

Bruce

Pistol - Without a doubt, the best millimeter, 10 mm!
Rifle - For me, the most versatile is 308. I have a 12.5" AR15 (POF REVOLUTION), a revolution carbine and a Howa Game KIng.

I want to say 300BLK for so many reasons, but in my heart of hearts, it's low recoil 12 gauge slugs because they make a huge boom without bruising your shoulder, and you can see the holes without a scope. <Archer voice>Tactical shotgun! Woohoo!

Honorable mention to 9mm on steel plates, 22LR on anything inside 100 yards, and 5.56 through my bench gun. And 308 and...

For caliber, .22. It is cheapest to shoot rimfire and center fire and bullet selection options. Second is .30. For the same reason.

If you mean cartridge, depends on the application. Not one cartridge covers all shooting needs. That is like asking, what is your favorite hand tool? You can not say a screw driver is over a ratchet, they do two different things.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top