JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd have to say that my favorite to shoot is the 357AMP. 158gr bullet running around 1800fps out of a semi-auto is absolutely a dream to shoot. If you want to get real "crazy" you can push it upwards of 2100fps, maybe a little more if you were really daring (and don't mind potentially damaging your pistol).

Yes, I think it is nicer to shoot than the 44 Auto Mag.

(357AMP is just a necked down 44AMP)

Reloading 357AMPc.jpg

ok caliber,,,,,,,,,,,,.257 25 35, 256 win. 25 06. would like to have a 250 savage someday, maybe even a 257 Roberts. i bought a 25 06 in 1971 and used it for many years to take chucks, deer, pronghorn and Elk. 25 06 can do it all.

So the "Kartridge/Kaliber" Karens are Komfortable rather than Konfused:,

1693052004000.png
Left to right: .25-20 WCF, .25-20 Single shot, .256 Winchester Magnum, .25x45, 25-35 WCF, .25 Bullberry, .25 PPC, .250-3000 Savage, .25 Souper, .257 Roberts, .257 Roberts Improved, .25-06 Remington, .25-06 Remington Improved, .257 Colton Magnum, .257 Weatherby Magnum.

So, .257 is my favorite caliber of projectile. My favorite cartridge (because most of us knew exactly what the OP asked) is #8 from the left, because the .250-3000 can accomplish everything the others are called upon to do 99.9% of the time in the field.

Note: the .25-20 WCF in this instance is loaded with a pointed bullet for a CLIP-fed bolt-action rifle. (heh, heh, heh!)

If steam is rolling out of the ears somewhere, my work is done. :cool:

I don't really have a favorite, there are so many calibers and many serve different purposes, but here you go.

Favorite overall if I could only pick one: 44 mag (10mm is for girls). You can drum 44spl for two legged critters, run heavy 44 mag for big 4 legged critter, you can deer hunt, you can even get rifles in 44 mag, good for HD or Hunting. It's very versatile. Probably not a good choice for a war zone though.

Pistol: toss between 45 acp and 9mm. I like 45 more but 9mm is better for CCW, IMO capacity is too important, so it's a toss up. I have never shot it but I think 5.7 could be a good choice here also.

Rifle: I've only shot 556, 7.62x39, and 308. If I had to pick one it would be 556. (Never shot it, but on paper I like 300Win Mag. Will own a 300WM at some point in my life.)

The two oddball calibers I really like that many don't are 25 acp and 480 Ruger.

25 acp: I have a Phoenix Arm PH25, it's such a fun pistol. Very reliable, more accurate than you would think. I've had some friends shoot it and they liked it a lot also. I disabled the frame mounted safetys because they are redundant. 22lr might be cheaper, but 25ACP is so much more reliable. I'd like to find a rifle in 25acp.

480 Ruger: I have a 7.5" Super Redhawk in 480. It's so much fun to shoot. It's a really big gun and definitely not for everyone. One nice thing is the recoil is not that bad for such a powerful cartridge. Planning to cut the barrel to 5.5" and put an enclosed red dot of some sort on it for wood carry, probably gonna go tactical and get a chest holster so I look cool 😎. 480 ammo is kinda hard to find and it's not cheap, but it's out there. I need to start reloading. It's a womping round. You should hear it on steel.

7.62x39
I started with AKs as my first (not first gun) intermediate cartridge "sporting rifle" and despite me going to the AR side, I've found myself getting back into AKs and SKS'.

Next would have to be .308

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads