JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Picked up some subsonic .22LR and .380 ACP ammo at the hardware store. While checking out, I reflected on how for a while being able to find any .22 ammo and certain kinds of centerfire ammo there was impossible. Let the good times roll.

Well I did get three Hawk 982's shotguns, yesterday, on backorder since December. All part of a Front Sight Member promotion last year, they say the FMK handgun will be another six months or so.

It was actually a couple days ago, but i figured I would share. S&W 642.

20170724_184131.jpg

And here's what arrived from @IronMonster today:

A nice metal shipping box inside the cardboard box (no doubt I'll find another use for that)

A target stencil

(2) 11.5" x 11.5" x 1/2" AR500 gongs with backing plates for mounting. There is even a target already painted on one! (They are bolted together and I haven't had time to separate them yet, so not sure if it's the same on the 2nd one)

These things are heavy duty for sure - can't wait to get out and ring some steel!
Thanks IM!

IMG_8980.JPG IMG_8981.JPG IMG_8982.JPG IMG_8984.JPG

And here's what arrived from @IronMonster today:

A nice metal shipping box inside the cardboard box (no doubt I'll find another use for that)

A target stencil

(2) 11.5" x 11.5" x 1/2" AR500 gongs with backing plates for mounting. There is even a target already painted on one! (They are bolted together and I haven't had time to separate them yet, so not sure if it's the same on the 2nd one)

These things are heavy duty for sure - can't wait to get out and ring some steel!
Thanks IM!

View attachment 379640 View attachment 379641 View attachment 379642 View attachment 379643

Wow! That's really nice! :)

Midwayusa recently had a free shipping sale where basically everything got free shipping, even stuff that was already on sale.

I ordered 123lbs of stuff, ammo, bullets, etc. Everything that was already on sale and stacked the free shipping on top of it. Their profit margin was definitely smaller after that shipping bill lol...

Bought a few last pieces and assembled my target stand for the new @IronMonster gongs. Did a simple stand with 1/2 2x4's, saw horse brackets, screw hooks, chain and some nuts, bolts and washers to create a simple, portable target stand.

As assembled, I spaced the chain just a bit off the top of plate so the bottoms are angled down and away (a requirement at the range). It all breaks down to fit in a duffle bag. Didn't take long to assemble. I do think the legs may be a bit close to the plates - if it's a problem, I'll cut a longer top board to move the legs out further.

Even got to try it in the front yard with one of my 1911's ;)

IMG_8987.JPG
IMG_8999.JPG

IMG_8998.JPG

IMG_8990.JPG

IMG_8994.JPG

IMG_8996.JPG

IMG_9003.JPG

And some shots with the 1911:

IMG_9002.JPG

Last Edited:
About 20lbs of .223/5.56 brass(now 300bo brass;)), a pacific super deluxe reloading press, a 20mm shell and projo for my collection, and a way cool Glock poster with Gunny on it. All super cheap from a local GS that's quitting business and selling everything at discount. IMG_2351.JPG IMG_2344.JPG IMG_2333.JPG
Notice missing pin... $2 at Wilco, a little dremel work, and some CLP, and now this "for parts" antique press that cost me $10 is way better than my newish "green" one. Solid and smooth!

IMG_2343.JPG

Bought a few last pieces and assembled my target stand for the new @IronMonster gongs. Did a simple stand with 1/2 2x4's, saw horse brackets, screw hooks, chain and some nuts, bolts and washers to create a simple, portable target stand.

As assembled, I spaced the chain just a bit off the top of plate so the bottoms are angled down and away (a requirement at the range). It all breaks down to fit in a duffle bag. Didn't take long to assemble. I do think the legs may be a bit close to the plates - if it's a problem, I'll cut a longer top board to move the legs out further.

Even got to try it in the front yard with one of my 1911's ;)

View attachment 380268
View attachment 380273

View attachment 380272

View attachment 380269

View attachment 380270

View attachment 380271

View attachment 380275

And some shots with the 1911:

View attachment 380274

Just a word of caution, make sure to be extremely careful or wear thick leather gloves when grabbing those leg boards holding up our targets. Over time the shrapnel from shooting your target will coat your leg boards and it will be like a bunch of knives sticking out of those things.

Just a word of caution, make sure to be extremely careful or wear thick leather gloves when grabbing those leg boards holding up our targets. Over time the shrapnel from shooting your target will coat your leg boards and it will be like a bunch of knives sticking out of those things.

Good point and something I already plan for. The portable target stands at the range are wood and they get good and shredded over time. I learned awhile ago to keep gloves in the range bag.

I ordered a Handall grip sleeve from Hogue for my LCP II, as you can see in the link it is FDE, which goes over the FDE Talon Grip tape already installed.
While at the Hogue site I came across yet another <broken link removed> for my Rock Island GI Officers Model.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top