JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
not really something you should advertise out there for all to see.
I agree, so either the guy is a complete idiot for doing so - OR there is something not legitimate about this.

I mean, unless I missed it I didnt hear anything (even minimal) about any details, such as roughly where bought from, IE, storage place, PP, etc.

- for one he didn't check any he handled for being loaded.
You afraid he's going to let one fly through the camera at you? :s0140:

Likely he checked them as they were handled prior to filming... and I for one appreciate that. NOTHING is more annoying on a firearm video than some anal retentive videoing himself clearing a firearm for the camera just in case some other anal retentive snowflake karen's the comment section.

You don't see the automobile channels videoing themselves showing that the battery is disconnected before doing an engine repair... do you?:D

You afraid he's going to let one fly through the camera at you? :s0140:

Likely he checked them as they were handled prior to filming... and I for one appreciate that. NOTHING is more annoying on a firearm video than some anal retentive videoing himself clearing a firearm for the camera just in case some other anal retentive snowflake karen's the comment section.

You don't see the automobile channels videoing themselves showing that the battery is disconnected before doing an engine repair... do you?:D
"Dont worry guys I siphoned the gas out before filming"

He obviously knows nothing about vintage S&W revolvers. He kept looking for a .44 magnum, kept finding .22 revolvers and getting angry about it: "Another 22?! That's it!! This one isn't even getting sold, it's getting thrown away!"

Serious S&W collectors everywhere are cringing. He'll be surprised to find out that that particular .22 is worth double what that .44 is.

Yeah he's way out of his depth there, not really even qualified to be pawing through a collection like that.

I used to be really impressed by collections like that, but now they just make me a little sad. It just a personal "meaning of life" kind of thing for me. To each their own.
I think I may know what you mean. In my travels, I've come across folks who don't so much own their collection, as their collection owns them. And that is indeed sad.

I think I may know what you mean. In my travels, I've come across folks who don't so much own their collection, as their collection owns them. And that is indeed sad.
Exactly. My perspective started changing on this maybe 12-15 years ago, when a friend of mine mentioned how I reminded him of another friend of his, except his other friend had a much bigger collection.

He said his other friend had multiple safes, guns and gun gear in every corner of his house. He had so much stuff, so much of his life and life's work invested in his precious guns, that he was scared to even leave his house, lest someone would come in and steal them. That sounds like a very sad existence to me.

We've experienced something a little similar in my family. My dad was a farmer. He was very intelligent, educated, traveled, but all he wanted to do in life was farm. After he passed a couple years ago and my mom was working on estate planning, we found out that, in order to preserve his farm legacy, the entire multi-million dollar farm must go to one sibling, who hadn't necessarily built or ran the farm but had been there all along. The rest of us were effectively out in the cold, because "this is how farmers do it."

Whatever. Nobody owes me anything, just feels a little weird is all. All I know is that my family is my legacy, not a farm or a gun collection, or anything else. I'd like to leave my guns to my kids someday, and at least a couple of them are interested, but it wouldn't bother me terribly if they weren't. I just want them to grow up to be honest, upstanding people.

I have a friend with a collection like that. It was started by his dad in the 50's and 60's, He was still buying in the 80s and 90's. He has cases of all kinds of surplus. and no idea what is in the far back corners of his shop. He has gotten kind of demented in his old age, But his wife knows there is a fortune in there!
I know she wont call a junk man to clean it out! DR

It reminds me of the Youtube videos where someone opens an abandoned ATM machine and it is packed full of money . I don't believe it. There is a youtuber named Jeebus or Jeebuz who seems to always find guns at storage auctions.

I believe it. The reasons I do are that the guns look like they've been neglected for quite some time and the new owner doesn't seem to know anything about them. If this was the collection of someone who knew what they were worth and they were just making videos to go viral the guns wouldn't be treated like this at all. I would surmise that an older man had collected for years and didn't really discuss with his family how much he spent due to their lack of interest or his embarrassment in divulging what he was spending. I have friends like that. He was a hoarder which is obvious and the joy ended with the purchase and the next high would come when he bought another. The guns were either in the shed because he didn't have room in the house or he died and they were moved in later by the family and left to rust for a while. Along comes a young guy with some cash looking to invest and there you have it. I think the youtube videos are posted for free advertisement. These guns will most likely all be auctioned off soon enough on line or at a location that will be announced. As for me, I would never want to buy or own that kind of collection without a plan for a quick sale to make more money in mind. I couldn't imagine trying to care for that many guns! I sure wouldn't mind digging through the boxes for treasures though, that would be exhilarating!

. . . . My dad was a farmer. He was very intelligent, educated, traveled, but all he wanted to do in life was farm. After he passed a couple years ago and my mom was working on estate planning, we found out that, in order to preserve his farm legacy, the entire multi-million dollar farm must go to one sibling . . . because "this is how farmers do it." . . . .
Yes, it generally happened that way back in the day, unless it didn't.

Grandpa died in 1966, with only one of his three sons still at home & working the farm with him, the son who'd always been told he would inherit. But, the will wasn't written that way; it all went to grandma who'd "had it up to here" with farm living (yeah, they still had path & outhouse). She auctioned the farm & all the equipment in order to buy a little house in town, leaving my uncle out in the cold. Bad feelings in the family for years.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top