JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gotta say my 7.5" 300 black out is fun as hell to shoot. Will eventually sbr it and get a suppressor for it. But for a SHTF ordeal in an urban area a sbr is a decent weapon.

Wouldn't mind taking it on a hog hunt as well once it's suppressed etc.
Same. I have an SBR with suppressor and a pistol, both in 300 BLK. Such a short, maneuverable gun in such a quiet caliber, it is fantastic for home defense. The pistol goes in the car if I'm going to a bad neighborhood, which is admittedly rare these days. They're very similar guns and I'm not noticeably faster with either of them. Double-taps, yes, I'm fastest with a stock and a VFG, but I don't like a VFG that much and I'm not willing to put in the training necessary to get over it. I have a couple of them laying around not on guns.

If I were to go hog hunting I'd take an AR-10 in .308 and an AR-15 pistol in 300 BLK just to see which I liked better. Probably a revolver in .357 for backup.

I wouldn't have bought a braced pistol, but having won an EP9 from NWFA, it now goes to every shoot. It is a blast to shoot and very accurate.

Would I prefer a real stock - yes. Do I want to pay $200 tax or have it registered as a SBR - no.

Depends on how far west you are.
874b751d06b1c18d307667c42f1b915c-1.jpg

Gotta say my 7.5" 300 black out is fun as hell to shoot. Will eventually sbr it and get a suppressor for it. But for a SHTF ordeal in an urban area a sbr is a decent weapon.

Wouldn't mind taking it on a hog hunt as well once it's suppressed etc.
I got one also just cuz bear creek armory had complete upper for like $169-$189 on sale. Also found a sylvan systems folding adapter for pretty cheap on sale. Haven't put it on yet. 8.5" barrel plus folding stock should make pretty small package for transport/storage. And still pretty handy size when folded out to shoot. Don't have a suppressor for it yet.

Same. I have an SBR with suppressor and a pistol, both in 300 BLK. Such a short, maneuverable gun in such a quiet caliber, it is fantastic for home defense. The pistol goes in the car if I'm going to a bad neighborhood, which is admittedly rare these days. They're very similar guns and I'm not noticeably faster with either of them. Double-taps, yes, I'm fastest with a stock and a VFG, but I don't like a VFG that much and I'm not willing to put in the training necessary to get over it. I have a couple of them laying around not on guns.

If I were to go hog hunting I'd take an AR-10 in .308 and an AR-15 pistol in 300 BLK just to see which I liked better. Probably a revolver in .357 for backup.
Ar-10 pistol would be cool to try for that. I have one with 12" barrel. Also ptr just re-issued their ptr 12" which I tried to buy for like 2-3 years. I emailed ptr and they said they weren't going to make anymore but now Atlantic has them again. Cool gun but I'm not sure it's worth the recoil compared to an ar-10 pistol. Plus ar-10 quite a bit cheaper. If the ptr were under $1000 I would probably buy one. I've always loved the ptr handguards.

B0A6900C-D310-413F-B16D-3856ED0C1DA5.jpeg

Ar-10 pistol would be cool to try for that. I have one with 12" barrel. Also ptr just re-issued their ptr 12" which I tried to buy for like 2-3 years. I emailed ptr and they said they weren't going to make anymore but now Atlantic has them again. Cool gun but I'm not sure it's worth the recoil compared to an ar-10 pistol. Plus ar-10 quite a bit cheaper. If the ptr were under $1000 I would probably buy one. I've always loved the ptr handguards.

View attachment 1767638
That's about what you'd pay for a Zenith/MKE MP5, so it's not really a bad price.

That's about what you'd pay for a Zenith/MKE MP5, so it's not really a bad price.
Yea a couple years ago I wouldn't have hesitated to pay that. But now that I have the ar-10 pistol (SBR) it's a duplicate "mini-thumper". Also having seen so many reviews of the ptr-91 I assume it has quite a bit more recoil than an AR-10. So it's not worth it to me now although I think they are very cool.

FYI the mke mp5 (ap5) and mp5k (ap5p) are $900-$1100 now (which is a steal Imo). These are imported by century now instead of zenith. After divorcing from MKE, zenith now makes their own mp5 clone, which I have heard is made by PTR.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top