JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just a heads up. in case anyone wants to hang around and offer more. lol

That or at these rates, a bunch of Rohm 10 .22 shorts might be a good investment

'In Everett, the gift card amount is $25 for inoperable firearms and ghostguns; $100 for rifles and shotguns; $200 for handguns; and $300 for assault-style rifles.'

Just a public service announcement...

I have heard horror stories of things like German Lugers, high end English shotguns, and worse getting turned in to cut up. Such a waste. Plus, you know some deputy ends up with them in his safe.

Just a heads up. in case anyone wants to hang around and offer more. lol

That or at these rates, a bunch of Rohm 10 .22 shorts might be a good investment

'In Everett, the gift card amount is $25 for inoperable firearms and ghostguns; $100 for rifles and shotguns; $200 for handguns; and $300 for assault-style rifles.'

Just a public service announcement...
They are overpaying.

It's been done before.
Yep. At a lot of the big ones in states where p2p is legal, people hang out and offer cash for things going in. Sometimes the PD tries to run them off, but there is nothing illegal about that. Probably the reason for the whole "lock it in the trunk and we will come take it inside".

Yeah, this would be a great opportunity if you ran a pawn shop or gun store.

I think the notion that a lot of stolen guns get turned in is fake news, so you would probably cone out good.

Yeah, this would be a great opportunity if you ran a pawn shop or gun store.

I think the notion that a lot of stolen guns get turned in is fake news, so you would probably cone out good.
Nobody who's actively engaged in criminal activities is going anywhere near this type of crap. Best the cops hope for is a pi$$ed of girlfriend/ mom/ grandma turning in some scumbags gun from under his pillow.
Mostly these events are a couple barrels of .22 rifles and old shotguns from the attic.

Only gun I ever seriously told anyone to turn into one of these was a .410 shotgun cut down to a TOTAL of 12 inches long. Friend of a friend found it cleaning out his late father's house. He was not a gun guy and not very good at keeping his mouth shut. Plus I like his dog

So the question is how cheap can you make a "ghost gun"? Can you get a length of black iron pipe and a 2x4 for cheap enough to make it worth it as $25 a pop? I wonder what filament costs for the 3d printed liberator are?

I remember back when we were still a private party state someone (I think on this forum) took a truckbed full of pipe shottys to a Portland buyback and cleaned them out of their $200ish a pop buybacks (run by the lovely people at Ceasefire Oregon I think) then took that windfall and cleaned out the line into the buyback of all the decent guns before they got turned in. Those were the days, and I am sad that I missed it.

Something to consider here ....

Any firearm turned and accepted...will end up as data , which can / will be used against gun owners.
So....
A anti-gun person or group could say :
"At the Everett and Mulkiteo gun buy back 25* firearms were turned in."

Any firearm turned in. working or not...homemade "firearm like object " etc...
Only makes it seem as if these so called buy backs actually work for keeping firearms out of the hands of criminals.
Andy
* 25 made up...insert the actual number here.

""This is just another way to be able to take guns out of people's hands..." That's an interesting choice of words to lead a sentence.

Imma go print some "ghost guns" from some bubblegum internet files and turn them in. 3D printer go brrrrrr....

1000002514.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads