JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Funny as that is I did do that for a LONG time. Always had a couple guns that were open to re-homing when I wanted some new toy. Now the laws made it so its no longer worth it and we ended up with many guns both of us would just as soon sell. Just not willing to take the hit on the money or go to the HUGE hassle to try to actually get what they are worth. So when we shuffle off the kids can figure it all out. :D

I like to play He-Man. My wife tolerates it until I forget to clean up my dishes.
You bring up something interesting. I call it Display Dominance. My female dog, a chow cross, used to greet my male dog, a Siberian husky, after an absence, with classic female canine submissive displays, putting her ears back, grinning, and licking his muzzle and he stood erect and accepted this like he was king if the neighborhood. Actually the female was king of the neighborhood. She had whipped every dog in the neighborhood when they tried to chase our cat. Even a couple of dobermans. she caught them, pinned them to the ground by the neck, and then stood over them glaring and they stayed down whimpering until she walked off. But when it came to a conflict over something that mattered to the Chow -- when husky thought to come into the room with her pups, for example, she glared at him and he looked away and moved off. Likewise when he tried to attack the goslings I had introduced first to her. She attacked him and hit him with closed teeth like a mother dog disciplines a pup. And she drove him out of the room.

Saw this here on NWFA several years ago, definitely relevant to this topic. The subject of the thread was What Will Your Next Gun Purchase Be?

"I need a... oh, wait a second, I'm not married anymore. I WANT..."

Don't act like you know me.

We've no kids. I sure as hell wasnt the one who had an affair, who may be having another one....

I work from home and yet still find the time to do 95% of all the cleaning, laundry, shopping, yard work, cooking and take care of the animals.

I do recall she actually vacuumed once in early December and picked up a bottle of champagne for new years.

But yeah, I'm probably a real bastard 'cause I'll spend a few hundred every few months on another antique firearm.
I apologize, @Desoto . please forgive me. I was playing around and clumsily walked into a pool of pain. yeah I've seen situations like that and know they do happen.

Have been with the same woman since 96. At this point we fit together so well neither of us can really even fathom not being together. It just works too well. Selfish of me I know but, I always hope I leave the place first. Do NOT like to think what it would be like to have her leave before me. Guess the perfect world would be we both just pass in our sleep at the same time. Then the kids can come and argue over who takes the stuff. :s0140:
You ever see Secondhand Lions? I am sure you can figure out a way to make the leaving bit equitable and fair :s0140:

When I was first married some 34 years ago, I brought my first gun home. My new bride said, "Why do we have a gun here, you can't keep it here."

I looked at her and replied, "How I choose to protect you is my concern."

She looked at me and said..."OK"

Convo over.

You bring up something interesting. I call it Display Dominance. My female dog, a chow cross, used to greet my male dog, a Siberian husky, after an absence, with classic female canine submissive displays, putting her ears back, grinning, and licking his muzzle and he stood erect and accepted this like he was king if the neighborhood. Actually the female was king of the neighborhood. She had whipped every dog in the neighborhood when they tried to chase our cat. Even a couple of dobermans. she caught them, pinned them to the ground by the neck, and then stood over them glaring and they stayed down whimpering until she walked off. But when it came to a conflict over something that mattered to the Chow -- when husky thought to come into the room with her pups, for example, she glared at him and he looked away and moved off. Likewise when he tried to attack the goslings I had introduced first to her. She attacked him and hit him with closed teeth like a mother dog disciplines a pup. And she drove him out of the room.
Oh I know how that goes, but I am the one who gets to play the submissive one. I am 100% the dominant personality in our relationship, to the point where it did not even occur to me that that was how it worked for the first nearly decade of our relationship. When we needed to make decisions we would talk about it, come to a conclusion and then do that.

The pattern was that if I had any kind of opinion on the resolution, well that is what we decided to do. To the extent I even noticed that pattern (I really didn't) I though I was just good at figuring out solutions to stuff. Turns out she just gave in really easily to any contrary idea. Then I was always stuck wondering why she was unhappy with things. Didn't we talk about this and both decide this was the best way to do it?

It has taken a lot of work to convince her that I really do care about her input even if I disagree with it, and that just because I disagree with something she thinks does not mean we won't do it her way. But even more than that I want to understand why she sees an issue a certain way, so that I can understand if I am missing something important to her, and maybe come up with an even better solution once I understand where she is coming from, or at the very least come up with a compromise solution we both like. But I can only do that if she is willing to actually challenge my ideas and present alternative solutions with their underlying reasons. I am an engineer at heart, the better I understand the complete problem the better I am coming up with optimal solutions.

This has never been more true than with our current home remodel. I really do want to make a house that works really well for her style of home organization, but so far I have only gotten her comfortable with vetoing ideas, not proposing fully actionable alternatives. It is a process, and part of that process probably involves me learning that I am never going to get her to be a co-dominant personality and I need to figure out how to provide for a submissive personality that I cannot always drag detailed and actionable information out of.

But I have gotten her really comfortable and confident in playing the dominant party in some situations. She does enjoy bossing me around in public, and loves leaning into all our social in-joke with friends, like my propositioning mistresses of all our female friends. It helps that most of our friends are also super into funny shenanigans like that too, so we just come up with some bit of fiction that we then drag others into for the laughs. I am still the main instigator, but I have been pretty decently ensnared in some mess she set up for me to fall into. At the end of the day I am just happy when she is happy. Sometimes that take a lot more mental effort on my part to sort out, but I can (eventually) learn.

Something ain't right here. Y'see, I never mention the shoes unless I'm tripping over them, nor the Amazon boxes piled on the front porch. And she doesn't ask what's in the paper bag when I leave the gun store.

Of course, she has her own brace of Bearcats and a .22 rifle. And I have my own shoes. It all works out.

Ah, I had forgotten about this thread. Seeing the title pop up still made me throw up in my mouth a little.

My wife is ok with guns but when we first bought this house she asked that I not fill the backyard with broken down motorcycle pieces and parts. She didn't mind the running bikes and even rode them but the side hustle had to go. I could still do a project bike but just one at a time. Seemed like a good compromise to me.

The wives have hacked this site and are attempting to bring it down. At first I thought it was @sobo or the Russians, then I thought maybe it was the Chinese, but now it makes sense. IT'S THE WIVES!!

As for planning to have a family unmarried, that's a cra@ppy thing to do to a woman. Basically the guy has no commitment to you or the children. This will show every day in myriad ways large and small . And families, relatives, friends don't treat the couple the way they do when the couple marries formally and plans to have children.
I was referring to if unwed families were a common social norm. How does an unwed father have any less commitment to his children than a married father?

Don't act like you know me.

We've no kids. I sure as hell wasnt the one who had an affair, who may be having another one....
I'd kick that biitch to the curb, toot-sweet!. I did that to mine for doing the same thing, and I've never been happier, 14 years on.

Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, I'm free at last!

Last Edited:
I'd kick that biitch to the curb, toot-sweet!. I did that to mine for doing the same thing, and I've never been happier, 14 years on.

Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, I'm free at last!
Yea, but you were smart, once free you've retained your freedom…

Some of us weren't so bright, and went back in for wife 2.0. Not complaining, did a metric upgrade and couldn't be happier…

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top