JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

I do like Gerber's one handed opening pliers and the replaceable carbide cutting jaws are pretty awesome too. Leatherman offers both of those features in different tools (though I don't think they do carbide jaws) but I went with the Charge in titanium because it's a full size tool that won't make my pants hang sideways when it's in my pocket :rolleyes: (and I don't think I get a Gerber discount :().

Does your multi-tool include a sheath? Reason I ask is I wear mine on my belt. I also have an arms-length lanyard attached to mine, that attaches to the sheath. I don't want to lose it/them for what they cost

I have a supply of Leatherman products, I don't need a stinking lanyard ! ..... Just kidding the lanyard is good for a lot of us, Kristina's company might have a safety objection.

I also have on hand a supply of Underwood 155 grain XTP 10 MM ammunition, but as I added that new G-20, I need more ammo. I just ordered 200 rounds of Underwood 200 grain XTP 10 MM, and 40 rounds of their 100 Grain Extreme Defender.

Well, I just plunked down my shekels on a Ruger Alaskan:

Ruger-Super-Redhawk-Alaskan-44-mag-5303-KSRH-2-004.gif

Picked up some new glass and mount for my SPR from a great NWFA member today... Thanks @StringerBell!
Vortex CrossfireII 6-18x44 with V-brite illuminated reticle, and a sweet American Defense QD mount together only $150! Can't wait to get this out to the range. The Bushnell AR Optics 3-12x40 it's replacing was great, but the extra 6x and shiny red dot is going to be nice for my failing eyes.

IMG_2929.JPG IMG_2944.PNG IMG_2896.JPG IMG_2900.JPG

(300) 6.5mm 140 gr ELD-M from BiMart in a neighboring town. I sure hope this is a sign that all BiMarts will be carrying ELD-M and X soon. They had a lower out of the way shelf with probably 10 different ELDs on it that didn't have prices on them yet.

Possible go-bag for the Gremlin, and supplies to grind down the rear flange on the evil little beast's BFD mount.

Apparently, I can't swing a hammer hard enough to whack the FSB pins out... and yes, I'm hitting the skinny end with a punch. Thinking is, 1. do I really need a handguard cap on a free-float handguard? and 2. it'll be easier to chop the bayo lug and sling mounts when it's off the barrel.

Today I bought an Eotech XPS2 from a member on here, a couple of small parts that were left out of an Anderson LPK, and a Yankee Hill Keymod set up that was also missing parts but will be returned tomorrow. Anyone know if the retail store at Safefire is open tomorrow?

Planning to start some casting down the road, so ordered a few molds to get started - a .490 round ball mold for the BP gun and a 9mm 124g mold for the pistols & carbines. Added a bullet sizer too as I've read it's a good idea when casting bullets to get consistent results. Got a Lee lead pot on the way too. Looking forward to learning yet another skill I can apply to my guns.

Last Edited:
Planning to start some casting down the road, so ordered a few molds to get started - a .490 round ball mold for the BP gun and a 9mm 124g mold for the pistols & carbines. Added a bullet sizer too as I've read it's a good idea when casting bullets to get consistent results. Got a Lee lead pot on the way too. Looking forward to learning yet another skill I can apply to my guns.
I thought just reloading was addictive...wait until you send your first homemade projectiles downrange. Very gratifying.

Picked up this Detective special last week...the double action needs a tune up to be reliable but it's in solid condition otherwise.

Message_1503540870034.jpg

It's a shooter...targets on the left were finding the hold and then got busy on the right:). 15 yards with my handloads.

20170827_183803.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top