JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The lack of information will itself, kill millions of people. Not being able to see the "smoke and mirrors" on TV will render people into a hopeless peril.

Information is a huge weapon; after the blackout...

The stronger people would likely wait until first blood has been spilled before deciding to take the next action.

"Looking out for #1" will display the worst trait that human kind has to offer; bucking for survival in whichever form of government takes over. Selling out neighbors for a place at the new master's table (already happening)....

Next group is gangs and militias who will project a 1980s level of combat power within their spheres of influence; road blocks, raids, consolidating resources, and visceral-judiciary roles...

Unfortunately, that only leaves (at best) 10% of the population who will follow the spirit of our Constitution; out of that will be the 3% who would fight to enforce it...

Sound or look familiar? It's all happened before...

Hint: Who will be the next Crispus Attucks?

This is day one of the event. Woke up and the Internet is off and tv has only three station on saying martial law has been declared and stay in your homes. Radio is the same, a constant broadcast that martial law has been declared and stay in your homes. Police scanner is silent.

Power is still on, water still working, gas is still heating hot water and burners on stove. I rotate my food so I wait for sales as I do which means I have to take a true inventory of what I have before I make a decision on what to do. While I have a Bob this event doesn't require me to run out the door so I have to determin when I must leave or starve.

I venture outside and talk to neighbors and no info from any of them so I start packing to load my truck if I need to run. Always full of fuel and extra tank. Catch up on laundry while cooking food and filling water bottles. Gas up the gen because I don't leave fuel in it. Just little things getting ready if something bigger comes along in the event.

How are we doing so far?:D

This is day one of the event. Woke up and the Internet is off and tv has only three station on saying martial law has been declared and stay in your homes. Radio is the same, a constant broadcast that martial law has been declared and stay in your homes. Police scanner is silent.

Power is still on, water still working, gas is still heating hot water and burners on stove. I rotate my food so I wait for sales as I do which means I have to take a true inventory of what I have before I make a decision on what to do. While I have a Bob this event doesn't require me to run out the door so I have to determin when I must leave or starve.

I venture outside and talk to neighbors and no info from any of them so I start packing to load my truck if I need to run. Always full of fuel and extra tank. Catch up on laundry while cooking food and filling water bottles. Gas up the gen because I don't leave fuel in it. Just little things getting ready if something bigger comes along in the event.

How are we doing so far?:D

Sounds ok.

Disable your truck. No need to load it up if it's not garaged. But have the load ready.

Might consider hardening up/securing doors windows. If you do not allready have security bars or other visible external hardening, then don't go visible now. Unless you weld and could quickly do up some "nice" ones. Ones that look like they belong, not mad max.

Can go mad max or whatever on the inside, but try to keep them from seeming too "cooky". Just enough to keep your standard meth head Bob & Sally from smashing a window and climbing in while you sleep for your soup and your water. They'll go for easier pickings first, or you'll hear them trying and can act accordingly.

Can also board up on the inside, behind curtains. It will look from the outside that you just have curtains drawn.

You allready have enough lumber and hardware to do such for every door and window and then some anyways.

But that's no problem, because you all allready know what the various plans are & whom will meet where, and the various contingencies of such.

Edit: your handy talkies are working? Or not?

All airwaves are jammed and your ham radios don't work, just static.

Edit, you don't know if roads are blocked so any plan has to be looked at with this in mind

All airwaves are jammed and your ham radios don't work, just static

But they work (checked between each other at the house)? Or are bricks?

Either way, way way too soon to crack open the caged equipment.

Also doesn't matter, as mentioned family and friends know the plans. And more importantly know how to work problems, as most plans do not go as planned...

The way I am going to do this thread is day by day and everyone is invited to participate in it with their ideas and comments.. I hope it becomes good for the thinkers and doers.:)

Well to me it doesn't change much except for the fact that the saftey will come off of the long guns a lot sooner. My guess is that you wouldn't trust to many people in this sort of situation.

Main question is does this happen country wide or just in Washington and Oregon?

But they work (checked between each other at the house)? Or are bricks?

Either way, way way too soon to crack open the caged equipment.

Also doesn't matter, as mentioned family and friends know the plans. And more importantly know how to work problems, as most plans do not go as planned...

Hopefully this give people thought on what's next, yes you have plans but no way to find out info. No way to know for sure the threats or even if the roads are blocked. You start out and everyone in the same boat of no info and what do you do now. This is a very possible event and as we move along I am going to add things that could happen along the way.

Well to me it doesn't change much except for the fact that the saftey will come off of the long guns a lot sooner. My guess is that you wouldn't trust to many people in this sort of situation.

Main question is does this happen country wide or just in Washington and Oregon?

You don't know, there is no way to find out what is going on but you do know something has shut down all communication that you normally use and that martial law is being broadcast on what is working.

You don't know, there is no way to find out what is going on but you do know something has shut down all communication that you normally use and that martial law is being broadcast on what is working.

My property is my castle!! You don't head the warning of stop or I will shoot then your bear meat! Get together with like minded people that live close to you and create a sanctuary state of your own.

Humans lived quite handily for melania without instant or even current information. I really don't see that as an issue. Most people would go about there day as nessisary to insure essentials of life for there families and friends. As large as our country is, most interactions are on a local/neighborhood level. You don't get food and water over the radio or internet. Most people would (and should) hunker down in familiar places with familiar people until something changes or some life threatening event transpires. In healthy communities issues like looters or outlaw behavior would be handled like it was in Texas after hurricane Harvy. People found in the wrong place doing bad things would be shot. Clean and simple......one of the major reasons the founders wrote and ratified the second amendment. Your planned communities, condo dwellers and publicly sponsored trains won't work well.....but they seldom do. Homeless drug addicts will still be homeless and addicted, it wouldn't take long for private industry to mobilize services to support life, cash or barter will work fine, people will have to clear there own streets and personally assist in getting things moving again......the first rule of survival is to take care of yourself so you can help other people and most people can be very altruistic as illustrated by the recient Texas disasters. If you live in a cardboard box like people in Puerto Rico, you don't have much to loose anyway. The Texas guys with military vehicles, boats, and equipment didn't need anyone on the radio to tell them people needed help, they looked around there neighborhoods and did what was nessisary.........and the government got out of the way to let them.

My guess is that you wouldn't trust to many people in this sort of situation.

Exactly! 100% The people within a mile of my house are NOT to be trusted with the slightest bit of voluntary information.

They would "sing like a canary".

My life experiences proved to me that what people are in easy times, is exactly what they will be in hard times.

People that won't step up on an easy day, wouldn't step up on a day when their life is at risk.

If history is correct, ONLY 3% of this entire nation took up arms against England. Only 3%. :oops:

Well, none of anyone near me are part of that 3% by their daily examples of apathy, selfishness, and disregard for what is not theirs.

So be it!

Hunkering down is no problem for us. We already go days without leaving our hill.

The toughest part will be choking down my insane need to find out what's going on. Let's see... it's not an EMP because the power is still on; but the phones and all communications are down and martial law has been declared on a national basis? That seems... a bit implausible, not to mention impossible to enforce.

The declaring of martial law implies a national emergency, like an invasion or total breakdown of law and order, but I suspect that such situations would not arise out of the blue, especially on a national level. There should be enough build up of tensions and warnings to all that the "pot was starting to boil" so that we would not be completely clueless as to what or why this is happening.

Without such early warnings and gut impressions, I would then assume this is more of a regional situation, but the lack of communication via radio, tv or internet is odd. That's when I bust out my trusty shortwave and see what they're saying in Canada or other parts.

So let's add to this just the thought that if you do get out trying to do your normal day there is the threat you may be arrested. You don' know if the threat is real and you don't know if martial law has been declared all over the country. While you don't know if it's just local do you take the risk on this first day of the event of getting arrested? I am placing you in your worst problem at the moment and letting you solve the problems. It's going to get worse.:D

I don't see this scenario happening out of the blue. There would be some sort of ramp up of loss of rights and significantly rising restrictions on the populace over time. It's similar to the boiling frog scenario. Dump a live frog into a pot of water. Toss it in while its boiling and it'll jump out. Let it gradually heat up... Bam!!! Too late, game over.

Exactly! 100% The people within a mile of my house are NOT to be trusted with the slightest bit of voluntary information.

They would "sing like a canary".

My life experiences proved to me that what people are in easy times, is exactly what they will be in hard times.

People that won't step up on an easy day, wouldn't step up on a day when their life is at risk.

If history is correct, ONLY 3% of this entire nation took up arms against England. Only 3%. :oops:

Well, none of anyone near me are part of that 3% by their daily examples of apathy, selfishness, and disregard for what is not theirs.

So be it!

Ya I'm thinking the same way. The people around me that I would trust is like @Joe13 who could probably make it to my house and maybe two neighbors. The rest would just want to be friends because of what I have in the ready room.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top