JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Frank's lumber Co and weyco build some gates that are impressive. Makes that gate looks like small farm gate
I have a key to two Weyerhaeuser permit areas. Those gates are massive, and the lock box is a major pain. You're not getting through those easily.

Well if it's a pad lock and accesable a pair of open end wrenches will do it
Had a fentanyl smoking meth user tell me the same thing about this American Padlock with a 7/16" thick shackle--I still don't buy it...

Had a fentanyl smoking meth user tell me the same thing about this American Padlock with a 7/16" thick shackle--I still don't buy it...

Two wrenches put side by side then squeezed togeather will cause the hasp to lift off of the pin inside the lock .have done it on other types of locks it does work

Those Breech pens look like the best option to me. Everything else says "Hey, I'm over here!" Plus, no one ever charges the damn batteries when you need them. Breech pens are small enough to store in the vehicle now before its time to skidaddle.

Those Breech pens look like the best option to me. Everything else says "Hey, I'm over here!" Plus, no one ever charges the damn batteries when you need them. Breech pens are small enough to store in the vehicle now before its time to skidaddle.
I have dived into what they are, but I think they might be similar to a thermal lance.

Next weekend I'm going to be helping someone cut up a couple hundred feet of 4" diameter x 3/8" wall steel tubing with my plasma cutter and Ecoflow battery/inverter. Will be interesting to see how well it works. I did some test cuts with some 5/8" plate and it has no problem powering it, just a matter of how long the 2048wh battery will last under load.

But for the purpose of cutting through a gate, the plasma/battery combo would zip through it in no time and with very little noise, if that's important.

Next weekend I'm going to be helping someone cut up a couple hundred feet of 4" diameter x 3/8" wall steel tubing with my plasma cutter and Ecoflow battery/inverter. Will be interesting to see how well it works. I did some test cuts with some 5/8" plate and it has no problem powering it, just a matter of how long the 2048wh battery will last under load.

But for the purpose of cutting through a gate, the plasma/battery combo would zip through it in no time and with very little noise, if that's important.
Doesn't it depend on the thickness the plasma cutter is rated for?

The gates I have seen are either structural I-beams for the cross post, or railroad rail - the latter being quite thick and hardened to a degree.

The gates I have seen are either structural I-beams for the cross post, or railroad rail - the latter being quite thick and hardened to a degree.
Looks like next time I pass one of the new gates, I'll have to stop and take a peek. You've got me curious.

Yes and no. Most 120v plasmas can do at least 5/8" in a single pass. I've never seen a gate that thick. Even if it's 1" thick, 2 passes will zip right through it.

Yes and no. Most 120v plasmas can do at least 5/8" in a single pass. I've never seen a gate that thick. Even if it's 1" thick, 2 passes will zip right through it.
so i could cut from one side, then cut from the other - or same side twice.

Don't plasma cutters also require a compressed gas source? How fast do they use that gas?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top