JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This reminds me of a spoof in Mad Magazine about 50 years ago. It was a comic bit based on The Rifleman. Lucas McCain was stacking the bodies all over with his lever action Winchester. Someone remarked: "Lucas, I heard you were a peace-loving man." Lucas' response: "There's nothing more peaceful than a dead man." (The things a guy can remember after 50 years, when I can never remember someone's name five minutes after they introduce themselves.) :D
I've only had the company of one dead person, but being "dead quiet" stems from the reality of how calm things are. It was surprising how quickly rigor mortis happens.

I'm not trying to act all cool, or awesome, it's nothing to brag about. Other people have experienced much more "life" than me and there eyes have seen much more.

On the more morbid side of things. I recall reading an account of an officer responding to a mass casualty situation. Because of cell phones, these scenes are actually really loud because when all the family members start to become aware of the event, they start calling their loved ones, so the casualties all basically have their phones just ringing non-stop with family members hoping to hear them answer the phone, but they never will.

I've only had the company of one dead person, but being "dead quiet" stems from the reality of how calm things are. It was surprising how quickly rigor mortis happens.

I'm not trying to act all cool, or awesome, it's nothing to brag about. Other people have experienced much more "life" than me and there eyes have seen much more.

On the more morbid side of things. I recall reading an account of an officer responding to a mass casualty situation. Because of cell phones, these scenes are actually really loud because when all the family members start to become aware of the event, they start calling their loved ones, so the casualties all basically have their phones just ringing non-stop with family members hoping to hear them answer the phone, but they never will.
That brings a sad reality into the thought of these.

That brings a sad reality into the thought of these.
You're not wrong. That's why I tend to take these threads with a grain of salt. People already kill each other over shoes and pieces of paper or shiny metal. Imagine the casualties that would take place in a societal upheaval event after 3 days of people not getting food for themselves or their family, and perceiving that violence could get them what they want.

9 meals from anarchy…

You're not wrong. That's why I tend to take these threads with a grain of salt. People already kill each other over shoes and pieces of paper or shiny metal. Imagine the casualties that would take place in a societal upheaval event after 3 days of people not getting food for themselves or their family, and perceiving that violence could get them what they want.

9 meals from anarchy…
I hit like but there's not a dislike button, still……

Okay, today I discovered that I can start a lawnmower with a broken starter rope.
Also I can fix them. Today, when I had this problem, I was trying to stay ahead of nightfall to get my work done. I didn't have time to repair, only to improvise. This evening, I've had time to look at the starter mechanism and restring the original rope, albiet about an inch shorter than original. I've done these on B&S engines before; the Honda was easier. The ratchet was simpler.

Can you: Grow a garden

Wire up electronics
cut and stack firewood
clean a chimney
solve plumbing problems
set a broken bone
throw sutures
make water pure
bump start a car with a dead battery
trap a rabbit or a bird or a predator
catch a fish
sight in a rifle