JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can you: Grow a garden

Wire up electronics
cut and stack firewood
clean a chimney
solve plumbing problems
set a broken bone
throw sutures
make water pure
bump start a car with a dead battery
trap a rabbit or a bird or a predator
catch a fish
sight in a rifle
calm an angry person
fix a flat tire
fix a leaking roof
tow a vehicle
dig a grave
know how to make alcohol for fuel
write a congress member and give them direction
feed your family and friends for a month or so

Figure it out

Soon

Last Edited:

Wire up electronics
cut and stack firewood
clean a chimney
solve plumbing problems
set a broken bone
throw sutures
make water pure
catch a fish
sight in a rifle
calm an angry person
fix a flat tire
fix a leaking roof
tow a vehicle
dig a grave
make alcohol for fuel

Figure it out

Soon
So few anymore grow up being taught any of the "simple stuff" that used to be so common. One nice thing is those who do know how to do "stuff" may soon be highly sought after by those who have "means" but no know how. They will have to hire others who can do. :D

Wire up electronics
cut and stack firewood
clean a chimney
solve plumbing problems
set a broken bone
throw sutures
make water pure
catch a fish
sight in a rifle
calm an angry person
fix a flat tire
fix a leaking roof
tow a vehicle
dig a grave
make alcohol for fuel

Figure it out

Soon
All of the above, and then some.

I think that you are spot on Alexx1401, but the folks that can do, will be busy doing for themselves.

This is crunch time. Right now.

People need to make nice with their neighbors, put their petty differences aside and realize that we are hard pressed up against some really lean times ahead.

Things are going to get tight, and we are going to need folks that can lead. Folks that can calm others and get them to pitch in and help.

Get to know the folks around where you live.
Write their names on a piece of cardboard if you need to, If they are retired, find out what they did in their working days, network network network. Be nice and help them.

I do hope I am wrong, but I feel like we have a window of time to reach out and identify "friendlies" I encourage all of you to get to know the folks around you. Take the time now and know who might be sympathetic.

I think that you are spot on Alexx1401, but the folks that can do, will be busy doing for themselves.

This is crunch time. Right now.

People need to make nice with their neighbors, put their petty differences aside and realize that we are hard pressed up against some really lean times ahead.

Things are going to get tight, and we are going to need folks that can lead. Folks that can calm others and get them to pitch in and help.

Get to know the folks around where you live.
Write their names on a piece of cardboard if you need to, If they are retired, find out what they did in their working days, network network network. Be nice and help them.

I do hope I am wrong, but I feel like we have a window of time to reach out and identify "friendlies" I encourage all of you to get to know the folks around you. Take the time now and know who might be sympathetic.
Reminds me of the lead up to Y2K. Wife started to fall for it to some extent. Was seeing people buying truck loads of food and such. I told her were were fine. Have always kept stuff here in case of disaster. Told her if all did fall apart we would be fed by those who bought tons of food but no way to protect it. So we would be fed in exchange for keeping them from losing everything they laid aside. :D
If it does really have a bad crash it will wipe out a very large portion of the population that will panic. That I can't do anything about so I don't lose sleep over it.

1699145785203.png
Nah.

Aloha, Mark

Wire up electronics
cut and stack firewood
clean a chimney
solve plumbing problems
set a broken bone
throw sutures
make water pure
catch a fish
sight in a rifle
calm an angry person
fix a flat tire
fix a leaking roof
tow a vehicle
dig a grave
make alcohol for fuel

Figure it out

Soon
Yes, and I'm bringing HELL with me, too!

Wire up electronics
cut and stack firewood
clean a chimney
solve plumbing problems
set a broken bone
throw sutures
make water pure
catch a fish
sight in a rifle
calm an angry person
fix a flat tire
fix a leaking roof
tow a vehicle
dig a grave
make alcohol for fuel

Figure it out

Soon
I have done everything on that list (including help dig a grave for a human being) except sutures and set a bone. I don't mind my own blood, but I get squeamish around others blood or injuries.
*** The alcohol we made was for human consumption, not fuel usage, but that should not be more difficult, just done on a larger scale.

However, I am probably more optimistic that those skills, while good to have, will not be required due to societal collapse any time in the near future.

Actually, if I were to choose the most important skill to have on that list, it would be one that I don't have; sutures or stopping the loss of blood from an injury. Plenty of people die from loss of blood, taking training from an organization like Stop The Bleed is on my to do list.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top