JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SHTF Scenario: It is the zombie apocalypse. WROL. You are running away (in a vehicle) for your life. Time is an issue. You encounter a forest road gate:

946217_large_1554223998.jpg

Your vehicle cannot get around it. You absolutely need to get past that gate with your vehicle, its contents and passengers. You do not care about law enforcement/etc.

What relatively portable cutting device do you use?

Portable band saw?

I am disinclined to carry a cutting torch.

SHTF Scenario: It is the zombie apocalypse. WROL. You are running away (in a vehicle) for your life. Time is an issue. You encounter a forest road gate:

View attachment 1771372

Your vehicle cannot get around it. You absolutely need to get past that gate with your vehicle, its contents and passengers. You do not care about law enforcement/etc.

Portable band saw?

Cordless angle grinder.

View attachment 1771372

Portable band saw?

Never used them but a bag full of breachpens might work. Saw them on gun deals this morning

For that particular gate, I would use a bandsaw, some gates I have seen would be too big to fit in the bandsaw, so a sawzall would be better. Diablo blades on a Milwaukee Fuel with a 12.0 battery are pretty good!

Depending on the design and how it's secured, a hydraulic Jaws of Life type of tool or big,.burly bolt cutter would make quick work of the pin holding the gate closed or through the lock box

A,portable hydraulic 8-12 tons of pressure cutter. The kind used in construction and oil rigs. Probably good for such things.

Just come up to my front door, and I'll give you the combination. Gates are expensive.

Plus, I could help you deal with the do-bads.

Seriously, though - I sure hope we don't get to that state of affairs.

In the scenario you're talking about, it might be possible to drive around the gate. Maybe.

On my gates, there's a chain and padlock. Regular old bolt cutters would be a good tool for cutting either the chain or the lock.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top