JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like I think has been mentioned, if mortar or concrete filled tube, it's going to be tough sledding. A chop saw may not sound practical, but flame cutting, Sawzall blades, zip wheels will be no bueno.

Do a Kramer/dessicant type caper and use electrolysis with dissimilar sacrificial anodes and a battery/ solar array. In ten years it will likely just tip over.

Well, salt will also get though it. You might have to wait longer than what's desired though.
See....you need saltwater or another alkaline solution for electrolysis to work so my comment was a play on that........

Ah never mind. Merry Christmas :D

I have both. I concur.
I as well. Demo saw = chop saw in my language. Mine is an older TS400. Somewhat of a boat anchor compared to today's standards, but will still do it all if you squeeze the trigger long enough.
A demolition saw is for just that. Used hot for general use or with coolant for concrete . Whenever I hear about how many thousands someone spent on their gun safe I chuckle a bit. A good demo saw will peel the best gun safe like an orange.

A chop saw is mounted on a stationary base. Chop saws can be hot saws with carbide tipped blades or composite wheels or cold saws with coolant.

Can't remember his name, but a past acquaintance once told me that he hooked a chain to the padlock up inside the cylinder, gave it a tug with his truck, and voila! It's also a lot quieter and faster than a saw...
It depends on the lock. Some will fail, some won't.

I had to cut off a lock that someone tried this on. They jammed the lock, but it didn't break.

An alcoholic, a guy tripping on LSD, and a pothead are traveling together, and one evening they come to a gated road with a sign that says "Closed until morning." The alcoholic says "Let's ram this gate and knock it down!" The stoner says "Let's just float over the gate." The pothead says "Let's just sit down and wait for morning."
(Version of a classic joke.)

This is one of the reasons landowners put up gates. Granted, this is public land, but it is an axample nonetheless.
I didn't watch the vid, but I believe there never would have been gates if there wasn't a reason. I'm old enough to remember the world before gates (and have a map with ALL of the FS roads). We used to have a great time heading waaaay out into hills. Frank and I wouldn't see a soul all day. Life was good.

The gates went in when the price of garbage went up.

1980 ish.....helped install a few......timber theft was a thing for ceder in some parts.
Is there a Ceder mill left here now..? No
There are 2 left of the dozens that were in this area. one at the coast and one in Sandy.

saws and all the other crap mentioned besides a key or a chain is rubbish.

Its a 2 minute job.

Getting caught on wrong side of gate is the bigger issue...yes there are cameras.

1980 ish.....helped install a few......timber theft was a thing for ceder in some parts.
Back in the 70s, people would cut live trees for firewood on BLM land - it was a thing then.
Is there a Ceder mill left here now..? No
There are 2 left of the dozens that were in this area. one at the coast and one in Sandy.
I sold some cedar from my land in 2018 - I thought it went to a mill up along the Columbia between Portland & Scapoose? I got 2X what I was paid for fir/etc. Most of my cedar was/is on the lower part of my land and along the gully which is wetter than the upper part - some of it is still there (loggers had to stay away from the year round creek).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top