JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SO a new idea came to mind today. My Willys CJ-2A is equipped with a 145PSi on board air system with two 1 gallon air tanks. I could easily run a die grinder or cut off tool. Granted it would run out of air pretty quickly but the compressor is almost constant duty. SO it might take a couple runs to get through a lock. Or half way through a piece of gate tubing (once half way through a strap and pulling it with the jeep would finish the break. Harbor freight has a cut off tool 18,000rpm uses a 3" wheel for $25.00 I already carry air hose that connects ether under the hood or at the rear. As well as a length of very flexible coiled hose for about a 16 ft reach.

No they decided to go with the bandsaw so it's slow going 😂
download.jpeg-108.jpg

You can cut through your ankle, in 5.

Assuming you, or someone in your vehicle, is carrying a gun, shoot the lock and push it open.

:s0092:
With the type of gate pictured in the OP, the lock is shielded within a steel cylinder. This is done to prevent cutting of the lock. The only way to access the lock is with a key inserted from the bottom of the cylinder. Therefore the gate, rather than the lock, is usually the target of those who wish to gain unlawful entry.

With the type of gate pictured in the OP, the lock is shielded within a steel cylinder. This is done to prevent cutting of the lock. The only way to access the lock is with a key inserted from the bottom of the cylinder. Therefore the gate, rather than the lock, is usually the target of those who wish to gain unlawful entry.
But the steel cylinders aren't bulletproof, right... cut resistant likely (face hardened); but doesn't stop a large, heavy, FMJ round going fast enough.

But the steel cylinders aren't bulletproof, right... cut resistant likely (face hardened); but doesn't stop a large, heavy, FMJ round going fast enough.
I have to wonder if you have seen the cylinders that protect the locks themselves. I would not want to be shooting at them from any distance with anything, including a .50 BMG (which I have seen ricochet off rocks and go flying up/sideways/etc. for hundreds of feet - it was tracers).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top