JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really liked the M60 ....other than being a" bullet magnet" .. they were always a comfort to have nearby.
Andy

You're welcome.

lutz400.jpg

N.B. Non-regulation haircuts and lack of proper head gear.

The WORST gun(s) I ever owned was the Italian Carcano 6.5. The first I bought from a friend in High School, who had talked his Dad into ordering it for him. Pre 1968 you could mail order them for about $20. He was afraid that the "authorities" were going to come and take him to jail after the Kennedy assignation that he sold it to me for $10. You could sometimes hit a pie plate at 100 yards from a good rest, but not always! I sold it.

The next one, I ordered myself, still pre 1968. But it was not much better in the accuracy department so it went to a gun show. I don't remember what I came home with, but it had to be better than the Carcano. I was still interested in the fact that Oswald had managed to kill the President with one, so I acquired another one......Yeah, stupid me! It went down the road, too. I guess I just have bad luck when choosing accurate Carcanos. OR Lee Harvey Oswald got the best one they ever made.

I still don't believe that Oswald could possibly have killed President Kennedy with a Carcano. If they let ME shoot "the" gun that Oswald used, using the same ammo that he used to see how accurate IT is......then I might buy it! Until then, the "grassy noll" story makes more sense.

The MG42/3/58, from which it was [poorly] copied, was, and is, a far better weapon in every respect. Many more of them in use in NATO and other non-NATO Western armed forces than the M60.

tac

There is such a thing as too high a rate of fire.

Not to get to "out there" or Stephen King here , but...
When I worked at a pawn shop , we had a Sauer 38H pistol come in on loan fairly regularly.
Neat rig ... pistol , two magazines , issue holster.
Of course we have to log in everything that comes into the shop ... And that meant clearing any gun that came in.

I really disliked the feeling of pure evil that oozed out of that pistol...
Now I don't feel that I was "projecting" my feelings on this pistol.
I have handled and owned many guns and items from the Third Reich era , but none gave me the willies like this pistol.
Andy
Yep, that looks like something an SS officer would have carried.

The WORST gun(s) I ever owned was the Italian Carcano 6.5. The first I bought from a friend in High School, who had talked his Dad into ordering it for him. Pre 1968 you could mail order them for about $20. He was afraid that the "authorities" were going to come and take him to jail after the Kennedy assignation that he sold it to me for $10. You could sometimes hit a pie plate at 100 yards from a good rest, but not always! I sold it.

The next one, I ordered myself, still pre 1968. But it was not much better in the accuracy department so it went to a gun show. I don't remember what I came home with, but it had to be better than the Carcano. I was still interested in the fact that Oswald had managed to kill the President with one, so I acquired another one......Yeah, stupid me! It went down the road, too. I guess I just have bad luck when choosing accurate Carcanos. OR Lee Harvey Oswald got the best one they ever made.

I still don't believe that Oswald could possibly have killed President Kennedy with a Carcano. If they let ME shoot "the" gun that Oswald used, using the same ammo that he used to see how accurate IT is......then I might buy it! Until then, the "grassy noll" story makes more sense.
Now that's one that creeped me out as a kid.
It belonged to my late uncle and my father was storing it in the basement for my cousin.
I didn't like going down there at night !

:)

Last Edited:

Funny, I just watched a video about Carcano rifles getting a bad rap for accuracy because the rifling is not actually standard groove diameters. I thought that was interesting. Don't judge me.
He talks about the diameter from about :30-1:30 in the 16 min vid.

Back when I couldn't afford much in the way of firearms, my Dad bought three Llama 9mm (1911 style) for him, me and my brother. Had to send them back to the factory for work on the feed ramp. They would not even load a fmj. When we got them back, they were better and I used it for my bedside gun. The only time that I have used a gun to look for intruders in the house, it stove-piped. I didn't know it at the time and burst in on my 16 year old stepdaughter and several of her friends that had snuck out earlier and come back in through a window. The looks on their faces with me standing there with my gun pointed in their direction in my tidy whities was priceless. Good thing the gun stove-piped. I did not muzzle them, but it was close. I sold the gun less than a week later.

My bi-tone XDS is probably my only poor gun choice and subsequently my least favorite gun. And it isn't the gun per se as much as it is the form factor. I got caught up in the whole "sub compact single stack 9mm carry gun," craze. And after I purchased it I realized that while it certainly conceals well, should I ever actually get into a gunfight, a reduced capacity, short sight radius, sub-compact gun is not the gun that I want to have to bet my life on. :confused: On top of that, it's not particularly enjoyable to shoot due to it's size. So it sits in my safe. I'll probably end up selling it one day but I can't bring myself to part with it yet. I just really don't like selling guns and I keep hoping I'll find a use for it.

I didn't read all eight pages to see if it has been mentioned but the Olympic Arms Wolverine 22 is so bad that they deserved to go out of business. Had to buy one from elderly family member who needed money as a favor and ordered two mags as OA was closing shop. Six weeks and $100 later and hour of filing to make them seat the ten round mags sometimes work with no more than eight rounds in them. This pistol went back to OA when it was new as it was a complete failure. I didn't want it but family circumstances made me buy it from her. I would never touch anything made by Olympic Arms.

Worst handgun: Walther PPK. More sharp corners than a race track.
Worst centerfire rifle: Any SKS. Accurate but way too heavy, horrible ergonomics, kicks too hard for what it is.
Worst rimfire rifle: Henry .22LR pump action. No way to clear the chamber except to fire the round. Dangerously stupid design.

I shot a Taurus Raging Bull 454 Casull - once. Why anyone would want to own something with as much recoil and uncontrollability is beyond me - I guess that's why ya don't see too many of them out there.

Sig Sauer P290RS . . RS stands for Re-Strike and it needed it often. Originally the P290 was not a re-strike capable firearm; wonder why they added that feature? It also had a magazine that was not able to be loaded to it's capacity, unit I wrote Sig and they sent me a new addition of the magazine (that worked properly). Still, having to use re-strike at least once per magazine load, I decided it was going to become a trade-in. So I traded it in for one of the finest 9mm's ever; CZ75 D Compact PCR . . . awesome, accurate, not too heavy (alloy frame) not too light, and reliable.

What is the very worst gun you've shot?
My dad's Ted Williams Model 20 12 ga.
Probably worth a little moo-lah due to its age, but as a kid, I hated hunting with that gun (my older brother shares this opinion, btw).
Ungainly, heavy and prone to dropping shells out of the bottom of the receiver, neither of us ever liked using that gun.

Dean

What is the very worst gun you've shot?
That would be easy for me. When I was about 15 I had a Mossberg bolt action 12 gauge. I think I paid $15 for it. It had all the svelte handling of a 4 foot long 4x4. It looked only slightly better. I still can't figure out what it was good for. An entire covey of quail would be in the next county before you could get off a second shot. It didn't stay around very long.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top