JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back in the 70s I bought an RG .22 revolver that was so lose you could not put your hand near the cylinder when you shot it or you would get hit with lead fragments. I only paid around $40 for it and that was way too much.

James

Back in the 70s I bought an RG .22 revolver that was so lose you could not put your hand near the cylinder when you shot it or you would get hit with lead fragments. I only paid around $40 for it and that was way too much.

James
Those were sold mail order for a few dollars in the back of magazines. My grandfather always had one in his jacket pocket........I actually inherited it. Can't remember where it went but wasn't a loss. Always thought someone might get hurt shooting it.

tac,
Speaking only for myself. , its not always a case of not liking the gun... at first.
Sometimes falling victim to "Gun Lust" ... I have seen and handled a gun at a shop or show...And liked how it fit , and handled there in the shop or show.
But after putting it thru its paces at the range or in the hunting field ... I find out that maybe it doesn't fit , handle or shoot that well for me ...

Before the Background check for every gun sale ... I "tried" many a shotgun or .22 rifle this way.
See a gun that catches my eye at a show... buy / trade for it .... if it didn't work out , sell or trade it at the next show.... No big deal.
Now with the added paperwork , fees and hassle of a BGC .... I don't do as this much ... bordering on at all.
Andy

I'm with you Andy. For decades, I would see it, buy it, shoot it, figure out if I liked it or not, and then keep it or trade it.

Today, it's complicated with the forced anti-gun march (by increments) via California to Australia and beyond. Outright bans and stamps for some, and restrictions, fees and potential delays for everyone (except criminals) where there used to be none.

Additionally, with countless pre-accessorized/customized versions and frequent upgrades of many popular weapons, the choices are a bit mind-boggling. Especially if you're like me and "keep shopping" after you buy to see if you could've done better. "Doh!!! Now they have night sights, sexy rails/grips and better triggers!"

Last Edited:

James
I think I read somewhere that the RG's were some of the worst Saturday Night Special's ever inflicted on the American market.

I'm confused, I thought that was the whole purpose for the flip up barrel?
You would be very confused if you own one. The ammo in the clip just sits there until you remove the clip, push a round out of it, flip open the barrel, remove the spent casing, insert the new round, snap the barrel shut, if your not dead already, you can then put the clip back into the gun. Hard to believe until you see one.

You would be very confused if you own one. The ammo in the clip just sits there until you remove the clip, push a round out of it, flip open the barrel, remove the spent casing, insert the new round, snap the barrel shut, if your not dead already, you can then put the clip back into the gun. Hard to believe until you see one.
I've owned several of the little Beretta pistols and while they aren't always exactly 100% they have all functioned as designed. If you are "that" unhappy I've got a $50. Bill that I'll trade you.:):):) Either that or just send it my way and I'll release your pain.

So you're saying it won't feed from the clip?
Sounds like you need to seriously take KKG up on his offer....or send it to ME. :s0087:

So you're saying it won't feed from the clip?
That seems to be what he's saying but I'd be happy to take that "One Shooter" off his hands as I said above. With the right ammunition they have worked just fine for me and for many others. He hasn't responded to my offer and it was a serious one.:):):)

Least favorite gun: stoeger/Beretta cougar 8000, only because spare parts and mags are so dang scarce or prohibitively expensive.:(

Striker fired pistols; just cannot feel it, though, one day I'll have a 19 or 26.

That seems to be what he's saying but I'd be happy to take that "One Shooter" off his hands as I said above. With the right ammunition they have worked just fine for me and for many others. He hasn't responded to my offer and it was a serious one.:):):)
Maybe you should PM him and reassert your offer. He might think you were joking.

Maybe you should PM him and reassert your offer. He might think you were joking.
I've got the feeling that he's Afraid that I'm Not Joking and that maybe the folks here will agree that he should accept my offer. I've made the offer and I'm Totally Serious. Now the Ball is in his Court as they say. Oh, was that Clucking I hear???:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek:

Sorry, I didn't see your reply post until now. Not sure why I would give you a gun I could sell , even I think it is the worst gun I own. Maybe if you'd have been a little less obnoxious I might have considered selling it to you through an FFL? Like I'm supposed to be shamed or bullied or
something into letting you have it for free? "Clucking", really cowboy?Does this approach work for you in real life? Just sayin'.

No one is running for cover. The Beretta model 21A bobcat is the dumbest gun ever made. Amazingly these sell for $300 on gun broker. They are also listed as "semi-automatic" by some sellers but are not. You can have it for $250 if you pay the FFL.

Gentleman... I suggest that if you want to make a firearm sale... either create a classified sales ad or continue through a Private Message...And if a transaction takes place , please obey all laws.
Thank you,
Andy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top