JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had an AMT automag IV in 45 Win Mag that was a great gun. One of the most accurate big pistols I ever owned, don't remember one jam. My buddy the DA carried the little AMT 45ACP, don't remember shooting it much but it didn't seem to have many problems. My automag was made in Irwindale Ca. as I remember.

AMT Backup in .45 that hubby traded years ago. Too small for his hands. He would fire a round and either get bit by the slide or drop the mag. Pictured below.

A freind has a Ruger lcp with a mushy trigger.

I had a Taurus tcp that I hated, so I sold it. There's my worst guns.

0295C0A4-ABB8-4B4D-8787-27B683343C43.jpeg

My brother had a tech 22 lol biggest POSS EVER but the gang bangers love it JAM CITY

Oh man, those were real junkers. Fun concept (pistol plinker that feeds from 10/22 mags), but what a horribly made POS.

A WASR 10 that I traded a Taurus .38 snubbie for. The guy probably took the Taurus laughing his bubblegum off. The AK would slam fire, would fail to feed, fail to eject. The thing was an absolute POS. I sold down the road, fully disclosing all problems to a member here. Good riddance.

The only WASR I ever had was a spectacular pile too. It was totally unreliable, inaccurate, and almost no AK magazine would work in it: most wobbled around, though others and to be crammed in. It didn't slam fire, but it was, by almost every other measure, worthless. It is long gone.

It's too bad that AMT got such a bad reputation. Although the one I own had some problems when I got it, they were easily solved. When my Dad bought it originally, he loved the idea of a stainless 1911. It worked fine for a while, but then had problems due to using oil on the slide instead of grease that was called for. After some polishing, and Wilson Combat magazines, it works great with ball or most HPs. It is copied from the Colt Gold Cup.

ALEXX1401 - The AMT you pictured on page 14 is not a .45. Likely a .380 and a smaller pistol than the .45 Back-up.
Thankyou, Wolf256 for posting a pic of the pistol I was commenting on.
"Too small for hands" was a common complaint. The round was so powerful you couldn't help but get bit by something on that pistol.
However, it wasn't exactly designed for hours of shooting at the gun range...;):D
The .45 Back-up had a lot of issues associated with it, but considering it was a first of its kind, it was destined not to be absolutely perfect.
Better guns have obviously come down the line since, but the little AMT should go down in history as a successful proof of concept, since it did work.

Mossberg 500
Well, maybe it's the owners I don't like.

:D
Funny, that's what hubby traded the AMT Backup for. An all but new Mossberg 500. Only had a few shell through it. Our grandson enjoyed shooting it. The person that traded it must not have used many shotguns. Hubby was told it only holds 2 rounds. Yeah, until you take out the dowel.

Last Edited:
The Mosin Nagant 91/30. Its a good rifle, but IMHO it is outclassed even by other rifles of its time. Outside of simplicity it didn't offer much.

Woah woah woah! A muzzle loader that the Guru doesn't like? :eek: Figured it'd the more modern inline ones. :D

I agree with Andy on this due to hunting regulations for seasons that are to be for "Primitive Weapons" only. The same goes for archery technology advancement....

JMHO, not wanting to start a bubblegum match.;)

The only WASR I ever had was a spectacular pile too. It was totally unreliable, inaccurate, and almost no AK magazine would work in it: most wobbled around, though others and to be crammed in. It didn't slam fire, but it was, by almost every other measure, worthless. It is long gone.
Remind me not to buy a wasr from either of you without having my tools ready beforehand. o_O

The Reputation for being a total POS that AMT had/has was truly well deserved. If one of those guns wasn't Bad when it left their shop, then it soon would be.

The Reputation for being a total POS that AMT had/has was truly well deserved. If one of those guns wasn't Bad when it left their shop, then it soon would be.

I don't know that I'd say they all were a total POS as the ones I owned worked well when used as directed. I have friends who have, or have had the Automag III and those work like a champ. In fact, that's probably their stellar gun. The Backups definitely had shortcomings and I've been told the 1911's were never good... The Automag itself wasn't really reliable. Too bad because many of their ideas had merit.

I guess it was gambling when ya bought one and I don't like doing that anymore.

Had a 30 carbine Automag. It'd get 2-3 rounds before spewing the rest out of the top of the mag and jamming up the slide. We just called it the "Jammy".

Two handguns come to mind.
M&p 40c. Had the 9 (and really liked it). Didnt like 40 AT ALL. I dont blame the pistol really, just didn't like the whole package.

The other us xds in 45. The original trigger was....servicable. But the size made me ok with it.
Then I got a letter in the mail about the recall for them. (I dont remember what it had to do with). Got the pistol back. The trigger at this point was so rough....
I had a he'll of a time hitting anything with it after that. I finally broke down and traded it in on a fz09 p10c. (Absolutely do NOT dislike this thing. It shoots really nice)

Had a 30 carbine Automag. It'd get 2-3 rounds before spewing the rest out of the top of the mag and jamming up the slide. We just called it the "Jammy".

Well, there goes my theory! :eek:

Maybe I'm just blessed?

(Yeah, like blessed with the Kimber Montana that was kind of a single shot?)

For me:

*Taurus 9mm millenium pro - worst trigger out of any gun ive ever shot by far. Super long pull and wasmt very accurate.

*Taurus .22lr Tracker revolver. It is reliable but it came from the factory way off target. I probably got a lemon but I was super embarassed shooting it and letting others shoot it too.

*Sig Mosquito - super picky with ammo. This is probably the gun ive had the worst experiences with.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top