JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Worst rimfire rifle: Henry .22LR pump action. No way to clear the chamber except to fire the round. Dangerously stupid design.
Please don't take this as me calling you out, but what is the little tab next to the trigger guard?...

H003T-Large.jpg
...you might have to click on the pic to see it.

Dean

Not to get to "out there" or Stephen King here , but...
When I worked at a pawn shop , we had a Sauer 38H pistol come in on loan fairly regularly.
Neat rig ... pistol , two magazines , issue holster.
Of course we have to log in everything that comes into the shop ... And that meant clearing any gun that came in.

I really disliked the feeling of pure evil that oozed out of that pistol...
Now I don't feel that I was "projecting" my feelings on this pistol.
I have handled and owned many guns and items from the Third Reich era , but none gave me the willies like this pistol.
Andy

This kind of reminds me of an incident in my youth. My best bud in middle school and high school had a grandfather who was a WWII vet. He was one of the nicest old fellows you'd ever know and he took his grandson and his wacky friend (yours-truly) on many an outing to hunt, fish, and clam. Before an outing to do some coyote hunting, he showed us all his guns in the cabinet. Most were hunting rifles (including his custom 7mm Weatherby), older rifles (like a sporterized .30/40 Krag that I carried afield on more than one occasion as a loaner), a beautiful Drilling he "liberated" from a Bürgermeister, and ... a Nazi-marked Walther P38 he snagged from a Waffen SS officer he captured. More than likely it was because I was still a kid with an intense fascination with history, but a chill suddenly came over me. Decades later, I still remember that viscerally. Now, I don't believe in "woo" or the supernatural, or any of that, but still, it was a curious feeling.

In that same time frame, I was over at his house farting around with the grandson and a piece came on the local news about something Holocaust-related. That kindly old fellow turned white as a ghost, started to shake, walked out of the kitchen and sat down for a moment, before getting back up, mumbling an "excuse me", to disappear into a bedroom. Us kids were kind of surprised and the grandma explained to us; he was there when Dachau was liberated.

Last Edited:
Back in the mid 1960s, my best friends Dad was telling about some of his WWII experiences. I don't recall the exact location, but he was telling about opening a gate at one of the concentration camps and going in to "clear" the area. He said that the few remaining Germans surrendered without a shot being fired. Then, he said, "Please don't ask anymore about it" and changed the subject. Just the way he said it we knew that was the end of that subject. Unfortunately he was killed a car accident in 1970. My friend, he still is my best friend, is kind of a history "nut" and regrets that his Dad never opened up about what he encountered there.

Keltec P3AT. I have worn out two of them and refuse to buy another. Ejection issues, cracked the front part of the slide, pressure from the holster ejecting the magazine under just a half push of the release.. I know there are better competitors now, but this is what lead my to start carrying one of my .38 special revolvers again or a beretta .25.. customer support was abysmal and except once they did send me a few ejector parts.

another 'least favorite' comes to mind: an otherwise 'new' Charles Daly version of the classic P35.....over a period of a couple weeks discovered not only it didn't work, wouldn't work, and was otherwise an embarrassment to whoever actually did build it. My LGS bought it despite my warnings.

My brother had a tech 22 lol biggest POSS EVER but the gang bangers love it JAM CITY

Back when a few were making the pistols made to look like a Sub gun I got to play with several and owned a couple for a short time. They were fun toys that I would soon get bored with. All of them I ever used worked great. A few would have trouble when new but were easy to fix if someone cared. They were VERY cheaply made so of course I expected some to not work out of the box. Many of them were almost all stamping's with a barrel welded in. Gang members seldom do any kind of practice. Not like they are going to be heading out to some range to try the guns. To them anything that looks "bad" is what mattes. They are most often stolen guns and the first time the shooter ever tries to use them is the first time they are used in a shooting. It's part of the reason they so often do not hit anyone, which is a good thing. If you listen to the poor Cops dealing with this here there is a LOT of "shootings" were no one seems to get hit. Often seems to be dumb luck when they actually hit the people they were shooting at. Sadly Glock is a BIG thing with these morons and as most know those pistols tend to just work no matter what. The only thing that keeps many more from being killed is how few can actually shoot.

Back when a few were making the pistols made to look like a Sub gun I got to play with several and owned a couple for a short time. They were fun toys that I would soon get bored with. All of them I ever used worked great. A few would have trouble when new but were easy to fix if someone cared. They were VERY cheaply made so of course I expected some to not work out of the box. Many of them were almost all stamping's with a barrel welded in. Gang members seldom do any kind of practice. Not like they are going to be heading out to some range to try the guns. To them anything that looks "bad" is what mattes. They are most often stolen guns and the first time the shooter ever tries to use them is the first time they are used in a shooting. It's part of the reason they so often do not hit anyone, which is a good thing. If you listen to the poor Cops dealing with this here there is a LOT of "shootings" were no one seems to get hit. Often seems to be dumb luck when they actually hit the people they were shooting at. Sadly Glock is a BIG thing with these morons and as most know those pistols tend to just work no matter what. The only thing that keeps many more from being killed is how few can actually shoot.
True.........also the reason so many innocent buy standers are killed. I think we need to teach them how to shoot. It might minimize collateral damage.

The big deal back then with those guns was they came with a threded barrel like any of those gang bangers where smart enough to make a surppesser lol

True.........also the reason so many innocent buy standers are killed. I think we need to teach them how to shoot. It might minimize collateral damage.

I have often said when caught they should be taken out to the artillery range here. All given guns and turned loose. They could then safely shoot each other out there. Maybe use any left over for target practice for the troops out there.

A WASR 10 that I traded a Taurus .38 snubbie for. The guy probably took the Taurus laughing his bubblegum off. The AK would slam fire, would fail to feed, fail to eject. The thing was an absolute POS. I sold down the road, fully disclosing all problems to a member here. Good riddance.

A WASR 10 that I traded a Taurus .38 snubbie for. The guy probably took the Taurus laughing his bubblegum off. The AK would slam fire, would fail to feed, fail to eject. The thing was an absolute POS. I sold down the road, fully disclosing all problems to a member here. Good riddance.
How much did ya sell it for?

Kinda wish I bought it, looks like an easy fix.

Not really, the Taurus worked!
Sounds like the guy was too lazy to fix his wasr.

While the Taurus worked, the wasr would be more valuable. And been worth fixing too. Though the only problem my WASR 10/63 had was it would hang up on the hammer. And wasn't cleaned, looked like there was still cosmoline in it.

Worst:
TEC-9 (Jam-o-matic)

Second:
GSG MP-5 Cline in .22LR (accuracy issue)
Mini-14 (not accurate enough for me)
Remington 870 (gotcha!)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews