JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Or, it could be law enforcement fishing.
Some guys I work with were saying that too when I showed it to them. I wonder, has anyone ever heard of them actually doing something like this? The auto sear is a laugh. I would be shocked if anyone actually would give him that or even close to it for it. First you can't use it in this state anyway. Second if someone from a state that could bought it and tried to register it to use I am 99.999% sure the ATF would at best just tell them no.
On the Ruger it's very possible he may really "think" what he said it true. People come up with some REALLY bizarre stuff from time to time. The old "my buddy told me........." Who knows. Kind of makes me wonder that they would even let him list either one of those on their site.

Before 1981 it was legal to make and own these sears without having to declare your AR15 to be a "machine gun".
At least that is my imperfect understanding.
I may be totally wrong about this ...as it is information regarding a gun without a ramrod or one that does not load from the muzzle...:D
Andy
It was legal. The way the BATF went after it was after a few fits and starts. They decided that having the parts to make a machine gun constituted having a machine gun. So if you had a sear you had to paper it. This was when you still could. This clown is begging to get a visit.

My question is, what is the physical difference between a sear made prior to 1981 vs. one made after 1981? Well I guess that is not quite correct. What is the difference of a sear made prior to 1981 Vs a sear made today?

Who would pay $8K for something you can make with a bandsaw... lol.

Regarding antiques... a firearm that originally used black powder or one made to replicate one from that era.

Vaquero.... nope.

My question is, what is the physical difference between a sear made prior to 1981 vs. one made after 1981? Well I guess that is not quite correct. What is the difference of a sear made prior to 1981 Vs a sear made today?

This is what I meant by the fits and starts. First the BATF said no more could be made. Well of course the guys making them fell on the floor laughing. Saying "so how are you going to prove when this was made?". The BATF finally pulled their head out and realized this was true. So next they came up with the multiple parts rule. Now if you had the parts to make the gun, it was a gun. So you had to paper your sear. Can't remember how they wanted to handle the thousands of the damn things that were out there already. At this point in time The only way I would even think about touching one of these is if it was numbered and papered already. Anyone playing with these is just begging for all kinds of grief.

OK, If you look at the pic of the sear on Armslist. The right hand side of the sear has been machined to fit the newer receivers. On a newer receiver the manufacturer purposely left more material on the right side specifically so it would not accept the older sear. Older receiver like my SP1 does not have that. Both side of the receiver is smooth so the older sear will fit.

Who would pay $8K for something you can make with a bandsaw... lol.

Regarding antiques... a firearm that originally used black powder or one made to replicate one from that era.

Vaquero.... nope.
Assuming this idiot really does "think" he can sell this it may be the C&R thing. He may have "heard" the if it's over 50 it's a C&R eligible. Or something along those lines. Then someone convinced him he can now sell it? who knows. You do still see some really great stuff when it comes to guns. People listen to what someone tells them to their peril.

At this point in time The only way I would even think about touching one of these is if it was numbered and papered already. Anyone playing with these is just begging for all kinds of grief.

A legal papered one will cost anywhere from $12,000.000 to $15,000.00 because of the limited quantity of legal ones.

A legal papered one will cost anywhere from $12,000.000 to $15,000.00 because of the limited quantity of legal ones.

Yep. After they cut off new manufacture the price steadily climbed. Can't own one in this state anyway but if I hit the lotto I would have one. I have LONG loved the old M3's. If I came into large sums of cash I would move and buy another one. They run around 20K right now.
As for this and anyone else selling a sear for and AR claiming it's "pre rules", I would not touch it.

Part of me is tempted to call one of my cop buddies and see if, since a DIAS is legally a machinegun by itself, they might be interested in setting up a sting...

Don't bother - I am sure anything that this guy has for sale doesn't even exist, at least not in his possession anyway. Just a scam to get your money.

The guy probably doesn't even live in Washington state, maybe not even the USA

Don't bother - I am sure anything that this guy has for sale doesn't even exist, at least not in his possession anyway. Just a scam to get your money.

The guy probably doesn't even live in Washington state, maybe not even the USA

I had forgotten but this reminded me of another one of these. Must have been a good 15 or so years ago. On a yahoo group about guns. Some clown was claiming to be selling one of these "conversions" for a G17, to turn it into a G18. There was all this "discussion" on the board about could it be real and could it be legal. I told them a couple times. Guys if you send this guy money you will get nothing. Even if he was making this you can't legally use it. Can't make a new machine gun. The woman who owned the group was saying this was not clear cut. I assured her it was. Then to show me she was an expert she told me she was a Class III dealer. She linked to a website that was a Class III dealer. I have to assume it must have been her husband, boyfriend, baby daddy or such who actually was the dealer. When I told her it was quite pathetic that a Class III dealer would not know the law on Class III stuff she of course banned me from her group. LOL. I wondered for a while if any of those idiots actually send money to the scammer who was trying to convince them they could buy the kit from him. A fool and his money never seems to go away.

I remember back in the early 90's before E-bay got there panties in a bunch and wrote all theses rules on what could be sold. Up for auction was a drop in auto sear on E-BAY! I even printed the page because it was a big deal even back then.

Western union requires ID and cash, it also can take weeks to trace back if you have been scammed same with money orders. If I didn't know better I say scam the guy does have 6 ads on AL been there since 2014 it says. Just a heads up someone posted on here not long ago about solvent traps and something where a guy was raided. I know for a fact that AL does have undercover locals in Oregon there have been reports of some trying to set ppl up for SB941 violations on there, with no success., probably in those cases because Antis do not always get a firearms owners mind set. You see a like new Ruger 10/22 with ammo $125.00 and think its a great deal and rush to snag it at a cash sale .....well then theirs yer sign. :confused::confused:. Although right before SB941 I bought a CZ 527 in 7.62x39 for $450.00 which was a great deal with a scope and was legit. Too bad I lost it in that tragic boat accident.o_O

I have no interest in getting involved either way, legal or not. The Fed's will be paying this individual some attention shortly

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top