JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I drove away from a shooting pit and left the metal spinning target stand my father built for me. When I returned it was no where to be seen. I asked the two people there and they said they didn't see it. I walked by their SUV and spotted it inside. I told them that it was time to unload it or it would get pretty ugly. They didn't hesitate as the seven other guys I was with were ready to assist me.

This is totally a TV trope. Criminal hides the murder weapon. It's discovered by an innocent civilian and turned into law enforcement. Enter detectives Sipowicz and Simone to solve the crime.

You can call the police to see if it's stolen. I've done it.
Years ago when the Oregonian ran buy/sell gun adds I did some business there. I had an FFL at the time
and occasionally picked up some really good deals. I was at that time living in Multnomah County. So I'd
go look at a gun and if I liked it I'd make note of the S/N, tell the guy I'd get back to him and then proceed
to call The Sheriff's Dept and ask to have the S/N run. For years they did. So one day I called and they would
not run it without me telling them who I was and did I have the gun in hand. That was the last time.

I drove away from a shooting pit and left the metal spinning target stand my father built for me. When I returned it was no where to be seen. I asked the two people there and they said they didn't see it. I walked by their SUV and spotted it inside. I told them that it was time to unload it or it would get pretty ugly. They didn't hesitate as the seven other guys I was with were ready to assist me.
FRAKIN' a-holes…. y'all shoulda whipped their arses anyway…. since their daddy's obviously never did.

:s0118:

A friend of mine was camping at a small remote lake in the mountains a few years ago, and found a bag underwater in the mud in the shallows of the lake. Inside was a pistol and a box of surplus 30-06 ammo.

He took it and turned it in to the sheriff's department. It hadn't been reported stolen, and if I remember correctly there was some discussion about releasing it to him after some time if it wasn't claimed.

Maybe that was just his assumption though, I don't remember. It was a Hi-Point…

A friend of mine was camping at a small remote lake in the mountains a few years ago, and found a bag underwater in the mud in the shallows of the lake. Inside was a pistol and a box of surplus 30-06 ammo.

He took it and turned it in to the sheriff's department. It hadn't been reported stolen, and if I remember correctly there was some discussion about releasing it to him after some time if it wasn't claimed.

Maybe that was just his assumption though, I don't remember. It was a Hi-Point…
Wow, a smart hi-point owner who threw that bubblegum away!

Long ago a guy found a Garand in the Deschutes River near Sunriver.

It was assumed to have been lost sometime in the '40s when there was a military post in the area.

Sometime in the 90's two friends were fishing down along the Deschutes river near Redmond and one of them found a very illegal sawed off shotgun.

They came to my place on the way back and I said we need to call the cops and have them come and pick it up.

It was sawed off right about level with the mag tube (pump) and the stock cut into a crude pistol grip.

I worked with a guy who found a gun in a customer's glove box and proceeded to wave it around in the air like he just didn't care.

I turned it it to LE. Interesting find however the risks outweigh the benefits of keeping for me. I'm happy with the guns I own and know are not murder weapons and or stolen.
I'm not sure what LE means probably authorities. I'd do exactly the same just to get out of bad vibes which is the last thing I don't want to get involve.

"I, Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke legs, do leaveth my bear rifle to whatever finds it. Lord hope it be a white man. It is a good rifle, and kilt the bear that kilt me. Anyway, I am dead."

My buddy, general contractor non gun guy, found this under a floor he was replacing, PAX
002.jpg

Went to a crash on the freeway where a navy man rolled his suv. All the litter was picked up and the driver carted off to the hospital. He called us later and asked if we found his gun. An officer and myself went back to the scene and scoured the area. We finally found his Kimber 1911 across three lanes of traffic in the ditch about 100 yards from the roll over sight. Just a few scratches and it was fine. He got his gun back that day from us.

Went to a crash on the freeway where a navy man rolled his suv. All the litter was picked up and the driver carted off to the hospital. He called us later and asked if we found his gun. An officer and myself went back to the scene and scoured the area. We finally found his Kimber 1911 across three lanes of traffic in the ditch about 100 yards from the roll over sight. Just a few scratches and it was fine. He got his gun back that day from us.
My brother got his first DUI and crashed his car through a power pole. In the crash he lost a very sentimental shotgun through the windshield. The cops spent two days searching for it (supposedly) but I went to the scene of the crash and found it within ten minutes, gotta understand physics I guess. Car stops rapidly here, contents continue in this direction. Glad you located his pistol. I ended up paying my bro full retail value, then dumped twice that much fixing it and now have a gun I will probably be buried with, as that's how much it means to me.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top