JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had a friend who was a contractor and bought and sold houses occasionally Take possession on a fixer upper house and when they went in to do a good clean out before starting on its structural needs. In the back of one of the top shelves in a kitchen cabinet he found a very very nice S&W model 10 with a 6" barrel. I'm pretty sure it quietly rests in a new place now. This was many years back. The theory was it just got left behind. He said it could not be seen unless you got up on a step stool or something.

My nephew from Canada, bought a house and found a lever action rifle and a big bag of weed hidden in the attic.
He took both of them to the police station. They let him keep the Winchester lever action.
I found a sawed of 12 gauge shotgun at a shooting spot up river, past Estacada.

Theft of lost or mislaid property is actually a crime if its Oregon, I think if u turn it in and no one claims it you can get it back, and have it checked at same time. I don't know about firearms, I spose it would depend on local policies.

Theft of lost or mislaid property is actually a crime if its Oregon, I think if u turn it in and no one claims it you can get it back, and have it checked at same time. I don't know about firearms, I spose it would depend on local policies.
Before I go to a place and arm myself if needed, I think about all those things too. What baffles me is what if I need to go to place that needs side arms, then afterwards I have to stop by to a federal building. Then go to a grocery which I don't feel comfortable leaving a firearm in the car whether empty or live.
How do you guys do it?

Revolver buried in the earth. What moron would do that without the basic protection of putting it in a plastic bag? I suppose they could've been in a real rush, but they did have time to bury it. If they were in that much of a hurry, seems like they would've just thrown it away without burying. Which implies some idea of coming back for it at some point.

Found guns, yes, sometimes they do go astray. Normally, I'm a pretty law-abiding person. But when it comes to free guns, my honesty about turning one in to the police wavers, some. Honesty can be a bit flexible. To situational degrees. Like, if you are following a Loomis truck and a bag of money falls out the back doors. You stop and pick it up, nobody is watching. You look inside and it's filled with rolled nickels. Or it's filled with bundles of hundreds. What do you do?

My sister in law lost a pistol while out snowmobiling. She didn't realize it til much later. She didn't know the serial number so there was no chance of getting it back.
This is a thing. Some people just don't write these things down. Many guns get stolen for which no serial number is known, the police report has make and caliber but no SN. That's useless for entering it on the national stolen gun list.

This is a thing. Some people just don't write these things down. Many guns get stolen for which no serial number is known, the police report has make and caliber but no SN. That's useless for entering it on the national stolen gun list.
True. Some people don't even bother filing a police report. My grandfather "lost" his old 1911 some twenty years ago; it walked right out of his house. He complained that "someone stole my forty-five", but he never reported it, said there was no point.

I later got it back after he passed, but that's another story.

My nephew from Canada, bought a house and found a lever action rifle and a big bag of weed hidden in the attic.
He took both of them to the police station. They let him keep the Winchester lever action.
I found a sawed of 12 gauge shotgun at a shooting spot up river, past Estacada.

Burner phone? New gun, who dis? I, myself, would like to take this opportunity to say nice things and be extra kind to the individual with the handy new untraceable firearm. We're good, right?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top