JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, I watched the vid and I could see the rear, vertical portion of the link had a pivot and moved forward and backward, however if I recall once looking at a vid that showed the etched card link and nothing was said about the pivot.

It's possible I overlooked that part but if I recall there was no description about the pivot being needed on the link.

I guess you are saying dont ever promote, sell or mfg anything.
No, I wasn't saying that at all.

What I was saying is if you ARE going to engage in something like this don't make a fool of yourself and publicly trash the ATF, FBI or anyone else for that matter who has deeper pockets than you and just might take offense to what you say - especially IF that agency told you it was legal.

Ok, I watched the vid and I could see the rear, vertical portion of the link had a pivot and moved forward and backward, however if I recall once looking at a vid that showed the etched card link and nothing was said about the pivot.

It's possible I overlooked that part but if I recall there was no description about the pivot being needed on the link.
No pivot involved, click at your own risk for the actual thing ;)

If by pivot you mean the upright portion of a LL, then yes... it's required and both drawings were included.

If you don't want to click the link...
The pivot point is the rear takedown pin. The lightning link will only work with a BCG that was modified to make going full auto harder by moving the cutout in the BCG for the hammer / sear rearward. Colt didn't want people easily converting, so they did this modification. In the M16 and many newer AR-15s, the rear of the cutout comes to rest in front of the takedown pin and the takedown pin can't be the pivot.

Kind of ironic that the modification that makes it impossible to use a sear is what makes the lightning link possible.

Kind of ironic that the modification that makes it impossible to use a sear is what makes the lightning link possible.
Very true! With most people so keen on mil-spec BGC's I would imagine there really aren't many folks that would even be able to use it. It makes you wonder if there really haven't been reported cases of people creating parts from those cards because they realized too late it won't work in their AR's, anyway(?)

I know Matt SAID his ATF rep told him that, but as I understand it there is nothing in writing, no email, no nothing except Matt saying he did and the ATF rep saying he didn't. And like the saying goes "If you don't have it in writing, you don't have it"
That's why we record everything on Video and Audio when being talked to by the AFT...

Very true! With most people so keen on mil-spec BGC's I would imagine there really aren't many folks that would even be able to use it. It makes you wonder if there really haven't been reported cases of people creating parts from those cards because they realized too late it won't work in their AR's, anyway(?)

7jsd0j.jpg

If your previous posts meme was not referencing the person that was tangently involved with the case that stated he heard automatic gunfire nearby and was shown a key card (inferring that the auto fire he heard was from a link equipped firearm)... and was just some random unrelated to the thread post... for whatever reason I don't follow... then my apologies. ;)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews