JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, mine was OFF, just changed it to SAF for a change, not sure who i should stick with.

To me it depends on where the battle is. I switched to SAF when Washington was battling universal BGC's. My Fred Meyer account donates to OFF, so OFF probably gets a bigger annual donation.

I just indirectly supported the gun industry as well as our 2A rights. My Amazon Smile account is set to make donations to SAF. Mrs. 3M called me from Fred's and was looking at Kitchenaid. I checked Amazon and they were nearly a hundred bux cheaper there so I ordered one through smile.amazon . She gets her new mixer, I get to save a hunski, and SAF gets a donation.

Don't forget to get an Amazon Smile account set up to donate to your preferred 2A support group
Mine goes to GOA, but I made a direct $25 donation to SAF today.

Can you do this with Amazon Prime? I don't have Smile.

Yes - just go to smile.amazon.com - it's a free program you can opt into and your prime membership works hand in hand with it. You just have to remember to always go to smile.amazon.com when you purchase. If you purchase through amazon.com it won't make the donation.

I ordered a Mini 14 tactical model from Bud's Sunday night.
The only advantage over the Ranch model that I can see is that the barrel's a couple of inches shorter and it's threaded.
It's more money for less barrel because it's threaded and has a cheap flash hider. But I wanted the 16" bbl and threaded barrel so I bit.

But I still have no idea what makes it a "Tactical" model. Threading and a flash hider? Really?

Anyway, I've had a bunch of Mini's over the years and they've all been stupid reliable and fun. :cool:

MVIMG_20180306_180010.jpg Man I can't even remember all the stuff I ordered this week new barrel for AR new upper new forend two new gas block sig romio 5 red dot some more ammo 223 and 9mm a holster so on and so on but I got my box of mag's

I am ordering a Ruger M77... Did not sell the Mauser yet but I can't wait.

Sure a modern hawkeye has a better safety, but under $500 with a scope and rings I couldn't pass it up! I have a problem, I need therapy.

Nvm found out the M77 and the Hawkeyes are completely different... Still sticking to Ruger just has to be the Mk II or Hawkeye.

Bought a used Ruger Hawkeye in .30-06 off gunbroker, also comes with a Leupold VX-1 so... First Leupold that's a variable for me I guess.

Last Edited:
Just a Yugo M24/47. Swapping the barrels and other work would not been worth it to me.
Yes 30-06 is a lot more versatile and the Ruger is a great platform for it. There are a ton of factory ammo choices for the 30-06 and few for 8MM. Even reloaders seem better off with 30-06.
I have a Model 70 7MM Magnum with a old Leopold 3x9 variable and it seems to work. Kicks like a mule.

Yes 30-06 is a lot more versatile and the Ruger is a great platform for it. There are a ton of factory ammo choices for the 30-06 and few for 8MM. Even reloaders seem better off with 30-06.
I have a Model 70 7MM Magnum with a old Leopold 3x9 variable and it seems to work. Kicks like a mule.
And the Ruger, at least the Hawkeye I ended up buying, is like a modern mauser anyways. Cancelled the original M77 after learning what year it was made and that the M77s were push feed then, got a Hawkeye (.30-06 still) made in 07 instead.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top