Joe Link

Reactions
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Entomologist
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Meet & Greet
  • National Rifle Association
  • Second Amendment Foundation
Speaking of Classified Tips and Tricks...

Now that our ads are forever held hostage, how do we view them once they're locked if there is a need to do so?

I've searched the discussions, and within the dozens of pages, I'm sorry, I cannot find an answer.
I wish I had a better answer for you than "We're working on it", but we're working on it :)

Reactions
Has anyone touched on the meaning of WTS vs WTT vs WTS/WTT? It always makes me laugh when I see the first post on WTS ads is "Trades?". Here is a quick acronym glossary. WTS = Want to sell, WTT = Want to trade, WTS/WTT = Want to sell or Want to trade. Further definitons below.

If an ad is WTS the seller wants to sell the item and get moneys for it. Not trade it for your stupid Canik or shotgun that nobody but you thinks is cool.

If an ad is WTT the listee wants to trade or swap something for the item

WTS/WTT is a weird hybrid and with any luck the seller/listee will have more detail in the item description.

Last edited:
Hasy anyone touched on the meaning of WTS vs WTT vs WTS/WTT? It always makes me laugh when I see the first post on WTS ads is "Trades?". Here is a quick acronym glossary. WTS = Want to sell, WTT = Want to trade, WTS/WTT = Want to sell or Want to trade. Further definitons below.

If an ad is WTS the seller wants to sell the item and get moneys for it. Not trade it for your stupid Canik or shotgun that nobody but you thinks is cool.

WTS/WTT is a weird hybrid and with any luck the seller/listee will have more detail in the item description.

Good catch... @Joe Link

Mikej

Reactions
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2015
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2017
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2019
Has anyone touched on the meaning of WTS vs WTT vs WTS/WTT? It always makes me laugh when I see the first post on WTS ads is "Trades?". Here is a quick acronym glossary. WTS = Want to sell, WTT = Want to trade, WTS/WTT = Want to sell or Want to trade. Further definitons below.

Way with words! :s0155:

Camelfilter

Reactions
  • Law Around Here
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Woke Up Like This
Making the bed before you taking a picture of the rifle laying on it would be prudent. Hard to visualize a clean barrel and cared for rifle. First impression is a lasting one.
This.

And for gosh sakes put some shoes on if posting firearms pictures which include your feet...or better yet, just don’t take pictures including such!

Mikej

Reactions
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2015
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2017
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2019
Has it been mentioned? I know it has to have been mentioned. If you're wanting to sell something that's for $500.00 to $250,000.00, or more, Get some decent pictures up on the board, please. One small picture, that won't blow up I presume because it's a cell phone pic. In poor lighting. In the box, in the foam. For over $1000.00.

We like guns, means we probably like picture of guns. You're much more likely to draw someone to your gun, that may not even know they want the gun, if they can look at some good, close-up, pics.

11Charlie

Reactions
  • National Rifle Association
  • Army
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2017
  • Law Around Here
  • Woke Up Like This
Has it been mentioned? I know it has to have been mentioned. If you're wanting to sell something that's for $500.00 to $250,000.00, or more, Get some decent pictures up on the board, please. One small picture, that won't blow up I presume because it's a cell phone pic. In poor lighting. In the box, in the foam. For over $1000.00.

We like guns, means we probably like picture of guns. You're much more likely to draw someone to your gun, that may not even know they want the gun, if they can look at some good, close-up, pics.
seventeen pages I bet its been mentioned at least 17 times but you just can't fix stupid:p:D

Having looked at a lot of classifieds, there are many, many occurrences of people listing as WTS, being asked about trades, and then saying sure and listing interests.

Perhaps the site should be more explicit when posting by having an ‘interests’ box for those posting as WTS but with specific trade interest possibilities? @Joe Link

Flymph

Reactions
  • Howdy Y'all
  • Autobiographer
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2019
Having looked at a lot of classifieds, there are many, many occurrences of people listing as WTS, being asked about trades, and then saying sure and listing interests.

Perhaps the site should be more explicit when posting by having an ‘interests’ box for those posting as WTS but with specific trade interest possibilities? @Joe Link
That's a case of "I really want money, but OOH SHINY!" And good luck controlling that part of human nature...
:rolleyes:

Mikej

Reactions
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2015
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2017
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2019

Yeah, well, I've been known to not notice things like that. :oops: Maybe I spend all my intense scrutiny on keeping myself safe and alive while driving around the city, and that sharpness slips when it's not such a matter if life and death?

I think the new ads are a cluster of un-needed stuff compared to the old model. More confusing than before. But it's not my board and it's not anything I loose sleep over or really hate. So ....

Mikej

Reactions
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2015
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2017
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2019
One I’ve been getting a lot lately.

“I see your not willing to come over to this side of Portland...”

“No, my ad addresses that.”

“Well if I drive there, can you take off $20 for my gas?”

“No, if I drive over to you, will you give me an extra $20 for my gas?”

Crickets...
When I brought you those projectiles we took the scenic route. Let's see, that was an extra 35 miles added, uh, that calculates to, mmm, $8.63. :D

That's a case of "I really want money, but OOH SHINY!" And good luck controlling that part of human nature...
:rolleyes:
No interest in controlling it. Having the ability to say WTS except for these specific trades would be EXPLOITING that behavior, not controlling it. (Or at least, building site functionality to support what is intrinsic human nature, rather than force us to fight against it)

Flymph

Reactions
  • Howdy Y'all
  • Autobiographer
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2019
No interest in controlling it. Having the ability to say WTS except for these specific trades would be EXPLOITING that behavior, not controlling it. (Or at least, building site functionality to support what is intrinsic human nature, rather than force us to fight against it)
As the poster, you should post WTS/WTT if you post an ad and would want to trade, even if it's only one trade interest.
I believe it can also be editted by the seller.
I'm just saying I don't know how the site can keep people from using it incorrectly or stop people from being finicky.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good Friday!
    Had a great first time visit that included a transfer, a special order, and some trading. Can't wait to come back! Also I realized after I got...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
Top Bottom