JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm going to be doing a deep clean of all my mags here pretty soon. Given the amount needing to be cleaned, if I start now I'll probably finish up about the same time my 1.5 year old daughter graduates from college. Just wondering if anyone has any tips that might help me expedite the process. Thanks in advance!

I'm going to be doing a deep clean of all my mags here pretty soon. Given the amount needing to be cleaned, if I start now I'll probably finish up about the same time my 1.5 year old daughter graduates from college. Just wondering if anyone has any tips that might help me expedite the process. Thanks in advance!
Never cleaned a single mag myself...

That said, if I was going to, I'd probably lean heavily on my ultrasonic cleaner. Throw a handful in at a time and let 'er rip.

Keep the compressed air handy.
Yep, mags are quick and easy to clean.

Don't have a lot of them myself but I dissemble, throw the parts in a pan with hot water and Dawn, a quick brush out with a narrow brush (I use the 'old' Military, M-16 style), rinse and blow out with compressed air and I set on the parts on a trivet on my woodstove to dry completely.

Reassemble with NO lube and they are good for a year!

I usually just start using the latest issue when the older one gets sticky.
enhanced-31234-1432942425-1.jpg

Drop them into boiling water for a bit, they'll dry almost immediately when you pull them out. Did this with a bunch of AR mags, quick, easy and they came out clean.

You know your mags and gear have been tested (abused) by the US military when after you're sure that they're clean, they still pour sand and dirt out :s0140:

That said... I've not had a need to disassemble them other than that one time the P85 and mags took a dunk in cold water.... <_<

Cleaning solvent/mineral spirit soak, patience and compressed air. When dry, I use Hornady One Shot dry lube, which does not attract dust.

Recently I drug out the mags for my Bersa 644 and discovered they were hanging up and not feeding well.

They ain't the highest quality, but like a lot of .22 mags are kinda 'snug' but a cleaning as I described got them feeding smoothly again. The dust I deal with over here is a common issue with guns & parts.

I might try the Hornady One Shot dry lube as I typically use nothing to help prevent dust buildup.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top