JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is the motivation for having this rule regarding classified threads:
"Per our classified rules, members may edit their ads to add or updateinformation. Removing information from ads is not allowed, and may result in suspension of your classified privileges."

I inquired about some items yesterday and as a result of my inquiry, the seller decided to raise the price about 1600%. That's obviously his right (although I will no longer consider buying from him) but shouldn't he have kept the old price in the ad and added the new price as an addition to the text in the ad thread or am I missing something with regards to the rule quoted above?

What is the motivation for having this rule regarding classified threads:
"Per our classified rules, members may edit their ads to add or updateinformation. Removing information from ads is not allowed, and may result in suspension of your classified privileges."

I believe this has something to do with searches that people on the interwebs do. With the ads left intact NWFA gets more searches directed here. More people clicking NWFA translates into more advertising dollars. More advertising dollars keep this place afloat for us to carp and whine on. :) That's probably not EXACTLY how it works, but I think it's along those lines. Mo people visiting is mo better.

I believe this has something to do with searches that people on the interwebs do. With the ads left intact NWFA gets more searches directed here. More people clicking NWFA translates into more advertising dollars. More advertising dollars keep this place afloat for us to carp and whine on. :) That's probably not EXACTLY how it works, but I think it's along those lines. Mo people visiting is mo better.
Interesting idea, can any mods confirm/expand on this idea and explain in more detail how this works?

I get tired of people not locking their thread after the item is sold, very annoying, but what really chaps my hide is when told to PM and then it's nothing but crickets.
100% agree. Since version 4 came out I have been searching old ads and there have been many where I asked if item was still for sale and as you said, I heard back crickets. A couple have responded that they forgot they had the ad up and they still had the item, others have locked the ad.

Personally, I dont see any reason why anyone other than the actual seller needs to post anything at all in a WTS thread. That's how it's done on M4C and I really like that.

Personally, I dont see any reason why anyone other than the actual seller needs to post anything at all in a WTS thread. That's how it's done on M4C and I really like that.
It likely saves the seller from having to answer the same questions over and over through PMs.

Edit: If the seller request that all inquiries be done through PMs I follow that request.

It likely saves the seller from having to answer the same questions over and over through PMs.

Edit: If the seller request that all inquiries be done through PMs I follow that request.

I see your point. I just find it annoying to scroll through a bunch of conversation to figure out what's going on with a particular listing. Put more info into a listing? Once you get a question, edit your listing?

It does prevent drama

A sharp seller would edit their ad, but...you know...:oops:

If the request is made it should be respected.

I see your point. I just find it annoying to scroll through a bunch of conversation to figure out what's going on with a particular listing. Put more info into a listing? Once you get a question, edit your listing?

I'll post to note incorrect information if I see it or add additional product information on occasion and usually get a thank you from the OP. Both ways have their pros and cons.

I'll post to note incorrect information if I see it or add additional product information on occasion and usually get a thank you from the OP. Both ways have their pros and cons.

I used to sometimes post in ads where I thought something was a really good deal, and/or to post about how good something was, etc. - until one seller took exception to me "crapping on his ad", deleted the ad and started a new one. So I don't do that anymore.

I used to sometimes post in ads where I thought something was a really good deal, and/or to post about how good something was, etc. - until one seller took exception to me "crapping on his ad", deleted the ad and started a new one. So I don't do that anymore.
Did his item ever sell?

Some people are just too sensitive. Kinda' like a delicate snowflake.

So I found some older threads on the topic but most haven't been active since 2018. I figured I might as well start a new thread discussing etiquette for classified ads.

My specific question is regarding how long to wait for a reply before selling to another interested buyer? I've got a few things for sale and multiple people are interested in the same stuff; however I've promised them to another buyer who is no longer responding to pms to finalize sale. How long do I wait? Especially considering the first pms were pretty quickly answered.

For me. If someone stops responding to me then he is no longer interested. And I keep all other interested buys that I have spoken to updated so I can make the sale go along smooth. I rarely hold anything for someone if I have a buyer that will meet today.

As much as I want to sell my item. I'd be so happy if a guy would just say hey I thought about it and I'm not interested now sorry. At least I know I can move on to someone else. No hard feelings not like I actually know them.

I get tired of people not locking their thread after the item is sold, very annoying, but what really chaps my hide is when told to PM and then it's nothing but crickets.

Is it really too much effort to lock for sale ads after your crap sells or is otherwise no longer for sale? Sure seems like it.

And what about a little common courtesy? ignoring PM's is BS. I have PM'd multiple people lately about item they have listed, see them come around and nothing, crickets. Pure BS. If it is sold or pending sale or a line then say so.

It's getting to the point where I'm going to say fuk it and order everything from a reputable vendor and being done with it here. SAD

And what about a little common courtesy? ignoring PM's is BS. I have PM'd multiple people lately about item they have listed, see them come around and nothing, crickets. Pure BS. If it is sold or pending sale or a line then say so.
+1...It's like using the last square of TP in your own home, then not grabbing a new roll...pathetic & selfish.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top