JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You don't own it untill the paperwork is complete. I always inspect the firearm first.
A couple months ago I ordered a used Glock from an online dealer. I opened the box at my LGS and it was wrong. I called the online dealer, he acknowledged the problem, and immediately sent a return shipping label to my dealer and refunded my credit card. I later bought a similar pistol from that dealer and all was good.

Check it out before you do all the paperwork. even though you've already paid online, you can still refuse to complete the paperwork, and get a refund or a different gun before it's actually yours. Once you've done the paperwork you'll need to deal directly with the maker, not Sportsman's Warehouse.

I have purchased about a dozen guns from Sportsman's Warehouse:
0) Grab a "take a number" number when you get there. You will never be served without one.
1) Even if you paid online you haven't bought anything yet. You can back out at any time until the final receipt has been generated. You can even backout after the background check has gone through. Your online payment is put in their system as a "gift card" they then use the gift card to pay for the final receipt. About 1/4 of the time the employees don't understand this.
2) I have never been served by the same employee twice. They go through employees very fast and replace them often. The firearm managers also seem to cycle through often.
3) The employees get VERY LITTLE training. They really don't know what is going on. So if they tell you that you have already bought the firearm before the final receipt has been generated they are full of it. If the employees tell you anything with absolute authority they are probably full of it.
4) Like others have said above they have to open the box to check the serial number on the firearm.
5) They usually offer to let me inspect the firearm before completing the purchase. When they don't I ask to inspect it and have never been refused.
6) Many employees have been pretty decent to deal with. There always seem to be one guy that talks a LOT and knows VERY LITTLE though!
7) Don't be surprised if they can't find the firearm you purchased in the back storage room. From what I can tell they have absolutely no organization back there at all. Ask them to look it up in their system if they can't find your firearm
8) If you have to call their online gun sales department I have had very good experiences with them solving problems.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top