JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
when i first joined here, i got an earful from a member for offering $20 less for a shotgun he had listed at "$220 OBO"

he said i greatly offended him and i responded ok...so you did say OBO.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

some people.

Speaking of Classified Tips and Tricks...

Now that our ads are forever held hostage, how do we view them once they're locked if there is a need to do so?

I've searched the discussions, and within the dozens of pages, I'm sorry, I cannot find an answer.

Now that our ads are forever held hostage, how do we view them once they're locked if there is a need to do so?

I've searched the discussions, and within the dozens of pages, I'm sorry, I cannot find an answer.

I'm pretty sure you have to use the URL but I am not sure. @Joe Link can give you the exact way.

I wish I had a better answer for you than "We're working on it", but we're working on it :)

Has anyone touched on the meaning of WTS vs WTT vs WTS/WTT? It always makes me laugh when I see the first post on WTS ads is "Trades?". Here is a quick acronym glossary. WTS = Want to sell, WTT = Want to trade, WTS/WTT = Want to sell or Want to trade. Further definitons below.

If an ad is WTS the seller wants to sell the item and get moneys for it. Not trade it for your stupid Canik or shotgun that nobody but you thinks is cool.

If an ad is WTT the listee wants to trade or swap something for the item

WTS/WTT is a weird hybrid and with any luck the seller/listee will have more detail in the item description.

Last Edited:
Hasy anyone touched on the meaning of WTS vs WTT vs WTS/WTT? It always makes me laugh when I see the first post on WTS ads is "Trades?". Here is a quick acronym glossary. WTS = Want to sell, WTT = Want to trade, WTS/WTT = Want to sell or Want to trade. Further definitons below.

If an ad is WTS the seller wants to sell the item and get moneys for it. Not trade it for your stupid Canik or shotgun that nobody but you thinks is cool.

WTS/WTT is a weird hybrid and with any luck the seller/listee will have more detail in the item description.

Good catch... @Joe Link

Has anyone touched on the meaning of WTS vs WTT vs WTS/WTT? It always makes me laugh when I see the first post on WTS ads is "Trades?". Here is a quick acronym glossary. WTS = Want to sell, WTT = Want to trade, WTS/WTT = Want to sell or Want to trade. Further definitons below.

Way with words! :s0155:

Making the bed before you taking a picture of the rifle laying on it would be prudent. Hard to visualize a clean barrel and cared for rifle. First impression is a lasting one.

Making the bed before you taking a picture of the rifle laying on it would be prudent. Hard to visualize a clean barrel and cared for rifle. First impression is a lasting one.

This.

And for gosh sakes put some shoes on if posting firearms pictures which include your feet...or better yet, just don't take pictures including such!

Has it been mentioned? I know it has to have been mentioned. If you're wanting to sell something that's for $500.00 to $250,000.00, or more, Get some decent pictures up on the board, please. One small picture, that won't blow up I presume because it's a cell phone pic. In poor lighting. In the box, in the foam. For over $1000.00.

We like guns, means we probably like picture of guns. You're much more likely to draw someone to your gun, that may not even know they want the gun, if they can look at some good, close-up, pics.

Has it been mentioned? I know it has to have been mentioned. If you're wanting to sell something that's for $500.00 to $250,000.00, or more, Get some decent pictures up on the board, please. One small picture, that won't blow up I presume because it's a cell phone pic. In poor lighting. In the box, in the foam. For over $1000.00.

We like guns, means we probably like picture of guns. You're much more likely to draw someone to your gun, that may not even know they want the gun, if they can look at some good, close-up, pics.

seventeen pages I bet its been mentioned at least 17 times but you just can't fix stupid:p:D

Having looked at a lot of classifieds, there are many, many occurrences of people listing as WTS, being asked about trades, and then saying sure and listing interests.

Perhaps the site should be more explicit when posting by having an 'interests' box for those posting as WTS but with specific trade interest possibilities? @Joe Link

Having looked at a lot of classifieds, there are many, many occurrences of people listing as WTS, being asked about trades, and then saying sure and listing interests.

Perhaps the site should be more explicit when posting by having an 'interests' box for those posting as WTS but with specific trade interest possibilities? @Joe Link
That's a case of "I really want money, but OOH SHINY!" And good luck controlling that part of human nature...
:rolleyes:

Yeah, well, I've been known to not notice things like that. :oops: Maybe I spend all my intense scrutiny on keeping myself safe and alive while driving around the city, and that sharpness slips when it's not such a matter if life and death?

I think the new ads are a cluster of un-needed stuff compared to the old model. More confusing than before. But it's not my board and it's not anything I loose sleep over or really hate. So ....

One I've been getting a lot lately.

"I see your not willing to come over to this side of Portland..."

"No, my ad addresses that."

"Well if I drive there, can you take off $20 for my gas?"

"No, if I drive over to you, will you give me an extra $20 for my gas?"

Crickets...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show