JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seems like activity on in the classifieds section is really dropping off. I feel like we hit a high in terms of peer to peer transactions a few months back. Now I see countless listings with zero replies, likes etc. that have been posted for weeks. All kinds of stuff even really good stuff priced reasonably. Am I missing something here, or all we all just burnt out of buying firearms related things on NWFA?

It seems I'm just out of reach unless I want to drive 3-4 hours.

I've always felt south WA and Oregon have ruled the classifieds. Most of the time I end up SMH when I check listings. But that's not new

Companies are discounting stuff heavily right now as well.

I just bought a 16" AR 9mm barrel for $66. The TTech AR Diamond that used to be $300 on TT's website is now a Brownells exclusive for 180.

I took the AR Diamond I had for sale off the market. It's not worth it to sell if I can't get $180 for it and why would someone buy from me when they can get new?

I think a lot of items may be like that.

Too many people don't want to ship. In my case at least.
I get that. I never used to have a problem with it but I've been had a couple times lately as the buyer. People took payment and never sent the item. Never happened on here, but a couple big losses can be enough to make one reluctant to deal remotely.

Seems like activity on in the classifieds section is really dropping off. I feel like we hit a high in terms of peer to peer transactions a few months back. Now I see countless listings with zero replies, likes etc. that have been posted for weeks. All kinds of stuff even really good stuff priced reasonably. Am I missing something here, or all we all just burnt out of buying firearms related things on NWFA?
Yes.

Most of my gun buying and selling took place before SB 941 of 2016 - and way before then as well.

I did buy a couple guns from ads on this forum prior to 2016 but most were through other means and personal relationships & acquaintances.

I am still interested in shooting and reloading but unless I find something really unique, or have been looking for I'll be concentrating on what I have.

With Washington out of the market for Oregon transactions that's part of it. Everything is up 30% at the store and hours are getting cut. They still say the worst is yet to come economically plus war?

Some decent gun prices back to realistic so not a bad time to fill in. Ammo is what we should be buying... training and security.

Some of us have acquired enough.

Almost.
I don't want/we don't need any more modern guns. We don't need anymore accessories. I have all the reloading stuff I need for a good time....I think? I still peruse the gun shows and classifieds, just in case. I have a hankering for certain old long guns, I haven't even seen yet. No more room to store such long guns.

I would guess: (1) Bans in WA. I would guess this alone reduced total WA gun sales by what, 80% or more? If this ban is enjoined there will probably be a big buying spree I woudl guess.

(2) OR and WA just underwent biggest buying spree in a long time from people trying to buy before the bans and regs. This follows the not-that-old Covid panic buying spree.

Shipping plus BGC adds around $100. Two round trips to Portland can be deal a breaker too. The increase in the cost of living is also a factor.

No money.

No great deals.

More to buy a case of ammo then the gun at times.

Distance. (Ie time and gas prices)

Shipping.

Bans.

Ignorance stopping sales.

Personally I liked it a lot better when the massive majority of ads were in the PDX metro area.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top