JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nobody can do that, that would be violating their first amendment rights. ..No comment, really.

The people pushing the agenda are elitists who believe that they can make better decisions about your life than you can. They plan to be in control and won't need a first amendment to protect their freedom of speech - theirs will be protected because they will have the power of the gun to tell you what to do. They don't want you to have freedom of speech or anything else.

The only comfort we have is that the vast majority of those who think they will be puppet masters have always been puppets and will be useless puppets (guess what happens to them) when we become subjugated.

I cannot express my actual thoughts on this issue as Joe has banned talking of the religous aspect. That said - these jackasses are ignoring a big portion of the holy text they claim to hold dear, that church needs its non profit status yanked post haste, and the NRA, if it gives so much as one squirt of liquid fecal matter about gun owners needs to direct those millions of dollars in war chest toward stopping this, and to the inevitable legal challenges. SCOTUS could fix the issue by taking the right case and making a blanket ruling fully sipporting the 2nd as it is written, without compromise. :mad::mad::mad:

"God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him."

I've been reading Nietzsche a lot lately. Once thinking these words were a statement of satisfaction, I now understand it as a lament.

Nietzsche could see in the 1880's that Western morality based in the Judeo-Christian tradition had fractured under its own regard for seeking the truth. What would replace it was and is nihilistic ideology and with disastrous consequences as the 20th century proved. Nietzsche saw the tectonic plates of civilization gearing for a collision, and he was astoundingly correct.

Even organized religion of today has embraced postmodernism, as we can see here. It's going to get much worse than any of us suspect, this is my fear.

I'll post a link for my latest article on this topic later on.

Here in the thread with link:

<broken link removed>

The meeting supporting this is being held at a left-fringe synod of the Lutheran Church. (Hint: Luther was the polar opposite of these loonies). I attend a church whose Pastor is a Marine and is strongly opposed to all of this ignorant malarkey. People in our church carry arms and we know it is pure, unvarnished crapola.

At the risk of a slap on the peepee,
This church is grand standing on the idea of peace by the sword, and violating the holy scriptures to which it adheres, it's self herrasy of the most vile sort, and should be stripped of its status and shut down! Subverting the word of God to promote a political stance that goes directly against those tenants, boy did they open a whole #10 can of chit and crackers! Let's start with contacting the IRS, and then the church under which this one operates and get them excommunicated! Finally, let's Defrock this heretic publicly!:mad::mad::mad:

At the risk of a slap on the peepee,
This church is grand standing on the idea of peace by the sword, and violating the holy scriptures to which it adheres, it's self herrasy of the most vile sort, and should be stripped of its status and shut down! Subverting the word of God to promote a political stance that goes directly against those tenants, boy did they open a whole #10 can of chit and crackers! Let's start with contacting the IRS, and then the church under which this one operates and get them excommunicated! Finally, let's Defrock this heretic publicly!:mad::mad::mad:

How can we notify the IRS of this heresy and crossing the line? How can we jack these fools up and "rotate their tires"?

Peace through superior firepower! Haven't we learned anything from Sir Winston Churchill, Ronald Reagan, and Donald John Trump? It is time to kick @$$ and take names!

This is rather scary. The number of ignorant sheep easily herded makes for difficult sleep at night in Oregon.

The meeting supporting this is being held at a left-fringe synod of the Lutheran Church. (Hint: Luther was the polar opposite of these loonies). I attend a church whose Pastor is a Marine and is strongly opposed to all of this ignorant malarkey. People in our church carry arms and we know it is pure, unvarnished crapola.

Can we organize a march? Protest? Walk out maybe?

Can we organize a march? Protest? Walk out maybe?
If we could get on Portland Cable Access, we could get some exposure. Perhaps FOX 49 to give us some airtime to offer an opposing viewpoint. I would be happy to act as a spokesperson with a properly prepared set of "talking points" illustrating the absurdity of these laws. (How the "Assault Weapons Ban" that ended didn't serve to curb crime but it did serve to increase it, etc., etc.,).

We're educated people... we can do this!

A Portland Church Group Plans to Ask Voters to Ban Assault Weapons in Oregon

Edit: I know a major part of this article centers around the fact that it's a church group, but lets try to leave religion out of this and focus on the ballot initiative :s0155:

Well, shame on him. And anyone else who is willing to give up the US Constitution and the rights it acknowledges. Lots of good people have fought, bled, and died for our freedoms - and now there's this push to disarm the populace and "trust the government".

The phrase "enemies, foreign and domestic" comes to mind. Whether it's through simple ignorance, or something worse, these folks are behaving like enemies of the USA.

I shouldn't be too surprised, though. These are likely the same folks who are willing to let a "trans-gendered" man into the girls' restroom.

If we could get on Portland Cable Access, we could get some exposure. Perhaps FOX 49 to give us some airtime to offer an opposing viewpoint. I would be happy to act as a spokesperson with a properly prepared set of "talking points" illustrating the absurdity of these laws. (How the "Assault Weapons Ban" that ended didn't serve to curb crime but it did serve to increase it, etc., etc.,).

We're educated people... we can do this!
I feel like the gun control advocates have created most of our talking points just by their persistent misunderstanding of what an "assault rifle" or "weapon of war" is. Their application of loosely crafted terms could be slapped on almost any gun if one tried hard enough, which renders their assignment of such terms intellectually dishonest.

What gun controllers won't ever admit is that what makes a weapon serve as a useful tool of defense also makes it dangerous in the WRONG HANDS. By neutering a guns potential to be misused for evil, you also limit its capacity to be a useful weapon for defense and other purposes. They are devious in hiding that fact. Who needs an AR15? How about any person who has ever been the victim of a violent crime?

I have a degree in Speech Communication and am an accomplished public speaker. If I can get my dentures to stay in place (they need relining) I can speak effectively and convey a rational perspective and a realistic appeal.

Sadly, the general population is not swayed by intelligent appeals, but by emotionalism. (Yes, I learned this in college). A cogent set of informed statistics supported by emotionally charged facts can convey a message even the ignorant can't turn their back on.

I have a degree in Speech Communication and am an accomplished public speaker. If I can get my dentures to stay in place (they need relining) I can speak effectively and convey a rational perspective and a realistic appeal.

Sadly, the general population is not swayed by intelligent appeals, but by emotionalism. (Yes, I learned this in college). A cogent set of informed statistics supported by emotionally charged facts can convey a message even the ignorant can't turn their back on.
There needs to be video of gun owners undergoing useful training and taking self defense courses to attempt to correct the blasphemous image that the controllers are pushing hard right now. It needs to be well produced and needs air time on most or all of local outlets. Coordinated efforts between filming crews, gun ranges, defense course trainers, film editors, public speakers and local news needs to be established. Needs to be done SOON too. I'm a psychology major. The best way to reverse slanderous damage is to correct it quickly.

The public needs to be repeatedly acquainted with the fact that gun owners are real people too with LOTS of varied interests. Not just bad "gun guys." Gun owners come from all ethnicities, religious convictions, ages and believe it or not, political affiliations. The idea that only Republicans or Libertarians can be gun owners needs to be extinguished. We're painters, musicians, scientists, mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, just overall good people. The controllers like to tell everyone that "gun people are just gun nuts and cling to their guns" as though there is nothing more to us. We are pretty much average people....who enjoy guns too.

We need to correct the imagery surrounding AR15s. Show people that all the black stuff is just looks. Show them what they can and cannot do. If liberals appeal to emotions, we do too. But also appeal to logic.

The public needs to be repeatedly acquainted with the fact that gun owners are real people too with LOTS of varied interests. Not just bad "gun guys." Gun owners come from all ethnicities, religious convictions, ages and believe it or not, political affiliations. The idea that only Republicans or Libertarians can be gun owners needs to be extinguished. We're painters, musicians, scientists, mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, just overall good people. The controllers like to tell everyone that "gun people are just gun nuts and cling to their guns" as though there is nothing more to us. We are pretty much average people....who enjoy guns too.

We need to correct the imagery surrounding AR15s. Show people that all the black stuff is just looks. Show them what they can and cannot do. If liberals appeal to emotions, we do too. But also appeal to logic.

I'm also ex-military. We come from all walks of life.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top