JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him."

I've been reading Nietzsche a lot lately. Once thinking these words were a statement of satisfaction, I now understand it as a lament.

Nietzsche could see in the 1880's that Western morality based in the Judeo-Christian tradition had fractured under its own regard for seeking the truth. What would replace it was and is nihilistic ideology and with disastrous consequences as the 20th century proved. Nietzsche saw the tectonic plates of civilization gearing for a collision, and he was astoundingly correct.

Even organized religion of today has embraced postmodernism, as we can see here. It's going to get much worse than any of us suspect, this is my fear.

I'll post a link for my latest article on this topic later on.
He still resides in my heart,:) I'll try to share him with others.:rolleyes:

Covering this insanity:
Oregon anti-gunners launch campaign to ban MSRs, magazines

Oregon gun prohibitionists are formally launching an initiative effort aimed at getting a gun ban measure on the November ballot, according to Willamette Week, essentially putting the lie to claims that "nobody wants to take your guns," as suggested by one of the Beaver State's most ardent gun rights groups.

church |separation| state

^. Exactly!

The 1A protects their freedom of religion. The 2A protects my, and other citizens, right to bear arms.

I wish all groups, religious or otherwise, would let free, law-abiding adults, run their lives as they see fit, without using the state as an instrument of coercion.

That church should be stripped of their non-profit status for so much as suggesting a reduction in the individual liberties of another law abiding person.

Indeed they probably should. Considering the title of the article ("A Portland Church Group Plans to Ask Voters to Ban Assault Weapons in Oregon"), from the IRS site:

An organization will be regarded as attempting to influence legislation if it contacts, or urges the public to contact, members or employees of a legislative body for the purpose of proposing, supporting, or opposing legislation, or if the organization advocates the adoption or rejection of legislation.
It isn't going to happen, of course, but it would fitting if they were stripped of their nonprofit status.

I just moved to Oregon not long ago. I would like to know how much of a threat this is. It seems like the legislature can mostly be dissuaded from MSR or mag bans, but a ballot initiative doesn't sound good.

I just moved to Oregon not long ago. I would like to know how much of a threat this is. It seems like the legislature can mostly be dissuaded from MSR or mag bans, but a ballot initiative doesn't sound good.

Right now the legislature holds a Democrat majority, there aren't enough votes on the R side to block any legislation they want to push through. It's been this way since they gained a super majority in 2014. In 2016 they lost the super majority, but still have the majority. Unless something changes and some more Republicans (or pro-gun Democrats, which are very rare here - only 1 in Salem), we have no way to stop them. No pro-gun organization that has enough political influence to stop them - nothing to hold over them.

So what if it passes.... who's gonna go kicking in doors to take them? They'll run out of cops pretty quickly. ;)

Considering about 1/2 the Sheriffs in Oregon already refuse to put any resources into enforcing SB941, I imagine only certain areas would be subject to search and seizure. And I don't know how they could hope to have enough resources to track even a minority of them down.

Right, but as far as ballot initiatives go. How difficult is it to get one of these on the ballot?

If they can get the necessary number of signatures on their petitions, that's all it takes. Not particularly difficult if they have the $$ and the people to make it happen.

Considering about 1/2 the Sheriffs in Oregon already refuse to put any resources into enforcing SB941, I imagine only certain areas would be subject to search and seizure. And I don't know how they could hope to have enough resources to track even a minority of them down.
They already have the tracking mechanism, Ole Kate has ordered the OSP to retain background checks for 5 years... That's their starting point.

We need to start contacting the IRS with concerns about the church's tax exempt
status when they're engaging in political
activism...

They want to play this game, let Soros and Bloomberg fully fund them...

Covering this insanity:

Oregon gun prohibitionists are formally launching an initiative effort aimed at getting a gun ban measure on the November ballot, according to Willamette Week, essentially putting the lie to claims that "nobody wants to take your guns," as suggested by one of the Beaver State's most ardent gun rights groups.

Anti's are starting to come out of the woodwork to fess up that confiscation is the end game
FINALLY! Blue-checked prog ADMITS what we've ALWAYS known about gun control

They already have the tracking mechanism, Ole Kate has ordered the OSP to retain background checks for 5 years... That's their starting point.

We need to start contacting the IRS with concerns about the church's tax exempt
status when they're engaging in political
activism...

They want to play this game, let Soros and Bloomberg fully fund them...

I'm pretty sure this church is an exception. I wouldn't want to throw the baby out with the bath water.

I only hope they're honestly prepared for the fallout that they're going to invoke. Pissed off conservatives and those just right of center elected Trump... What do they honestly think will happen when you try to destroy consititutional rights???

They only agree with the parts of the Constitution that are convenient to their agenda. The true end game is to remove our Citizenship and turn us into Subjects. Taking our right to defend ourselves and country away is an important step. After that will take away the freedom of the press, assembly, speech, etc..

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top